Out Of Contract?

rab_mackinnon

Don't think our next first choice keeper will be as good as Ruddy or Randolph, unless we pluck someone miraculously from obscurity. I reckon we could do worse than give Hollis a chance to prove himself.

The only thing I will say, from what I've seen of him so far, granted not much, he seems solid if unspectacular. There have been times where we have relied on Randolph being spectacular to bail us out.

Has Lee Miller currently got a club? Seen him about Motherwell and his kids go to the same nursery as mine. Not that I am saying he should be a Motherwell signing target, just quite suprised he may not be in football at the moment.

Plays for Carlisle at present, that's why he's stayed local.

Humphrey Would Jump At Chance To Sign New Contract

I know he has his many detractors, including myself at times, but would be happy to keep him if he's not looking for more money.

He's some boy. Agreed on the frustration bit, but he's been present through as consistently successful a period as we've had in some time. Always has time for folk, always acknowledges the fans. Wants to stay with us and keep playing?

Hope he stays, top man.

after mccall touching on it the other week and now this...........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwells-darren-randolph-promises-to-guide-1487214

i think its inevitable that most of them (if not all of them) will be leaving - no real surprises

but what is most important now - if they are leaving, should we be exposing some of the guys staying so they are ready to step up? or do we play with our best 11 and try to get as far up the league as we can?

I dont think I have ever thought about it like this before as I can remember a time where we had so many first team starters out of contract at the one time (no doubt someone will prove me wrong!)

Clancy??

I was meaning players that would come in rather than the out of contract players that you're talking about as you said that they look as if they're away.

I would also say that Hibs probably offered Clancy a significant wage rise I'm talking about teams that will offer around the same as us or just a wee bit more. The European attraction is better to have than not, don't you think?

I don't think we should be sacrificing a league position and the money that goes with it because a player is 'likely' to leave at the end of the season. They are contracted to June 2013 and not December 2012 so we should use them until the end of the season. To do otherwise would be cutting our nose off to spite our face.

• Like 1

I don't think we should be sacrificing a league position and the money that goes with it because a player is 'likely' to leave at the end of the season. They are contracted to June 2013 and not December 2012 so we should use them until the end of the season. To do otherwise would be cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Exactly. We have a small squad and limited finance. To pay a player for 6 months and not use them would be a farcical waste of resources.

Any player with half a brain that wants to move on should be trying to impress potential suitors.

i totally agree with all your points..............and i want us to finish as high as we can. My point was more relating to the fact that I cant remember the last time we lost so many 1st team players in one go.

im not for one second saying we shouldn't be playing Randy or Law or Murphy - but those who will be here should maybe have a little more exposure than they would normally get so that they are ready to make the step up. Players like Carswell, Hetherington, McHugh should maybe get 15/20 mins per game rather than the usual 2mins (maybe im not puttiing my point across very well!)

@weeyin - totally agree, John Sutton is the prime example of that - he went to Hearts on increased wages, and that was purely down to his last 6 months performance

i totally agree with all your points..............and i want us to finish as high as we can. My point was more relating to the fact that I cant remember the last time we lost so many 1st team players in one go.

Gannon had a pretty big rebuilding job to do.