Out Of Contract?

rab_mackinnon

It's a Buyers' Market out there. There will be plenty stock to choose from come the summer months. Hopefully we can court the right quality.

My thoughts exactly. My only concern is the loss of Darren Randolph who we'll find very hard to replace. Of the others there are some I'd rather not not lose but none are irreplaceable. If we lose 3/4 high earners that'll allow us to strengthen the squad overall. Although the squad is small there's a bit of deadwood there too.

No point speculating about any of our out of contract players, if you believe the Sevconians then every out of contract player in the SPL will sit on their hands until September 1st 2013 at which point they'll be queuing around the block to sign for New Rangers.

Deluded bunch of fuckwits

• 1 month later...

Well here we are 55 days down the line, and nothing has changed still many players out of contract at the summer and still the manager hasn't signed a new contract either, he said he was waiting till the transfer window closed, what is he waiting for now.

Its not like he has been distracted with too many big games coming up, we have had 1 in what 3 weeks?

How can we expect players to sign new deals if the manager won't commit one way or the other?

In my opinion there is a problem within the team either a lack of effort or lack of confidence, maybe this stems from the uncertainty that runs throughout the club just now.

Well here we are 55 days down the line, and nothing has changed still many players out of contract at the summer and still the manager hasn't signed a new contract either, he said he was waiting till the transfer window closed, what is he waiting for now.

Its not like he has been distracted with too many big games coming up, we have had 1 in what 3 weeks?

How can we expect players to sign new deals if the manager won't commit one way or the other?

In my opinion there is a problem within the team either a lack of effort or lack of confidence, maybe this stems from the uncertainty that runs throughout the club just now.

Right the general point about contracts and uncertainty is fine but the last part WTF. We're fighting for second place and whilst we've lost a game of football today it's been by the sound of it no means the worst perforamance we'll put in this season.

Where does this lack of effort and confidence come from?

Right the general point about contracts and uncertainty is fine but the last part WTF. We're fighting for second place and whilst we've lost a game of football today it's been by the sound of it no means the worst perforamance we'll put in this season.

Totally agree, from what I've heard & read it sounds like today was 1 of our better performances.

The contract situation is worrying but what will be will be.

I've already accepted the players I would like to sign new deals won't be doing so.

It is my opinion as I said, it's based on seeing players whose body language is negative and who do not appear to be playing to their full potential.

One example I would cite is Chris Humphrey and again this is my personal opinion, He seems to have lost a bit of his spark and seems to me not reading the game the same, where he was flying past players for fun before the ball would be played into space well in front of him and he would already be on the move, latterly he seems to be content to wait for the ball to feet before even setting off.

Tom Hateley does not seem to want to tackle anyone and appears lethargic and disinterested more often than not.

Like I say my opinion based on my perception at the games, I find the away games give me a different perspective as we tend to be behind the goal and have a better overview of the game.

It does beg the question what is going on with contracts.

The Manager said he would wait until after the window closed. We also have a large number of players out of contract.

The problem would be that we have no idea where we will finish and what money that will bring. Plus if players knock back contracts as I suspect most will - will that have an impact on players attitudes as we finish the season.

I would like McCall to stay on. Yet we have done well out of changing Managers over the past few seasons, albeit enforced by traitorous pig dogs

I would reckon if players are not going to sign we should have a pretty good end to the season as they will all be desperate to attract potential suitors and get the best possible deal for themselves.

We need to get the manager signed up pronto. None of the players are likely to make a decision until they know what he is doing.

C'mon Leanne, get it done!

Law and Randolph are gone. Does anyone really think two talented players such as those two who are sure to have a wealth of options from teams willing to double, triple, quadruple their wages will commit themselves to Motherwell for a fraction of the money they could earn elsewhere and possibly a reduction of their current deals given our financial state.

In any case nobodies going to commit themselves when they don't even know who the manager is going to be next season. The biggest hold up I imagine in the whole renewal of contracts is that we're trying to get McCall tied down first. The fact he wanted to wait till after the window had closed and here we are nearly two weeks later and we've heard nothing doesn't fill me with confidence. In my opinion it can't be allowed to drag on much longer or we could find ourselves in a similar situation to when Gannon took over.

The quicker McCall makes his intentions clear one way or another for next season the better.

Law and Randolph are gone. Does anyone really think two talented players such as those two who are sure to have a wealth of options from teams willing to double, triple, quadruple their wages will commit themselves to Motherwell for a fraction of the money they could earn elsewhere and possibly a reduction of their current deals given our financial state.

In any case nobodies going to commit themselves when they don't even know who the manager is going to be next season. The biggest hold up I imagine in the whole renewal of contracts is that we're trying to get McCall tied down first. The fact he wanted to wait till after the window had closed and here we are nearly two weeks later and we've heard nothing doesn't fill me with confidence. In my opinion it can't be allowed to drag on much longer or we could find ourselves in a similar situation to when Gannon took over.

The quicker McCall makes his intentions clear one way or another for next season the better.

Law? Team-mate of Jamie Murphy once again come the summer. Bookmark it. ;)

mccall not signing a new deal causes major problems for us. we're behind the likes of st johnstone and hibs in getting players in on free contracts and we can't allow him to decide if the likes of humphrey, saunders, ramsden, mchugh, hetherington and watt should be extended because he we can't be sure he'll be here himself.

also at the moment it's not impossible that we could be out the top six within a fortnight. would we offer mccall a new deal if we look like ending up bottom six?

also at the moment it's not impossible that we could be out the top six within a fortnight. would we offer mccall a new deal if we look like ending up bottom six?

Yep, I'd offer McCall a new deal even if we did finish bottom 6 this year. I think he achieved more than enough in his first year and a half at the club to allow for a slightly disappointing season.