Aberdeen V Motherwell

Davie boy

Ojamaa had his best game for some time but think was right decision to swap him for Murphy at the time as he had put in a lot of running & was starting to tire in my opinion.

Disagree with this completely. Ojamma was holding the ball up brilliantly and was exactly what we needed to relieve the pressure. Murphy came on and did nothing.

Don't think a defensive sub would have helped. We began to defend deeper and deeper in the last few minutes our players were obvioisly shitting it. Thats what cost the last goal. Should have learnt from the St. Mirren game.

Good few positives though despite clearly blowing it at the end.

If the plan was to defend deep then surely another defender is exactly what was required.

In saying that I don't think that was the plan. Just tends to hapoen when the home team, bring forced on by the home crowd, are going for it.

The main point about the substitution was to run down the clock.

Disagree with this completely. Ojamma was holding the ball up brilliantly and was exactly what we needed to relieve the pressure. Murphy came on and did nothing.

Agree Murphy didn't contribute much when he came on but Ojamaa definitely looked spent at that point so can see McCall's thinking.

I agree Ojamaa was holding the ball, which is exactly what I seen Murphy do, in fact I would say he was specifically instructed to hold it, which would seem like the sensible thing to do at 1-2 1-3, in fact quite a few times he turned back to retain possession with Law etc good play at that point in the game

shame when the ball went to the other side of the pitch it was given away needlessly quite a few times in the last ten minutes, thats probably where the sub or another sub should have happened

If the plan was to defend deep then surely another defender is exactly what was required.

In saying that I don't think that was the plan. Just tends to hapoen when the home team, bring forced on by the home crowd, are going for it.

The main point about the substitution was to run down the clock.

As you say it wasn't the plan. The young guys at the back will hopefully learn this isn't the way you close out a game. Hopefully McCall goes through them for it. The last goal came from a free kick in the oppsitions half, the home crowd shouldn't come into it and to setup you defensive line on top of the keeper is criminal.

Agree that a change should have been made to run down the clock though.

I was never Crags biggest fan, at least in his last season (season and a half), due to his constant long ball to no one. However, as the weeks progress it's becoming more and more evident that we are missing his experience, and organizational abilities at the back.

We were also caught out more than once with short corners - at this level that's just not acceptable.

As you say it wasn't the plan. The young guys at the back will hopefully learn this isn't the way you close out a game. Hopefully McCall goes through them for it. The last goal came from a free kick in the oppsitions half, the home crowd shouldn't come into it and to setup you defensive line on top of the keeper is criminal.

Agree that a change should have been made to run down the clock though.

The home team pretty much always gets a chance to score in the last 5 minutes of a game. The home crowd can certainly spur a team on in search of an equaliser. Their fans got a major lift when the second went in.

page before my last post...sorry can't quote on phone

gutted to lose a goal last minute...

but would have bitten yer hand to be still unbeaten in the league and top of it after this game if you had offered a draw at noon

Oh absolutely. At 1-0 down I was desperate for a point. I got what I wanted.....but as in life never enough :laugh:

I think McCall will lose some goodwill if we get beaten by Rangers. If we get beat heavily I would even state he might lose one or two from the support. A mad sentence itself but times have changed and their recent results have been rank.

26-2 since he took over.

I will be bitterly, bitterly, disappointed if we don't progress. No pride even in a penalty kick loss imo.

I was never Crags biggest fan, at least in his last season (season and a half), due to his constant long ball to no one. However, as the weeks progress it's becoming more and more evident that we are missing his experience, and organizational abilities at the back.

We were also caught out more than once with short corners - at this level that's just not acceptable.

We are certainly missing his experience. I would not be surprised to see Ramsden start at Ibrox.

The home team pretty much always gets a chance to score in the last 5 minutes of a game. The home crowd can certainly spur a team on in search of an equaliser. Their fans got a major lift when the second went in.

Aberdeen had a free kick in their own half with about 30 seconds on the clock. We setup totally wrong for it. For me that has nothing to do with the home crowd.

The whole process of going for the equaliser is down to the crowd. That's football, the nerves, the 12th man, the atmosphere (when there) etc. It makes the game.

Obviously, the actual things that happen on the park are down to the players....and management. The management should have killed the game with a double sub, one after the other.

i can't understand talk like that finlay

some people seem to have an agenda against SM and are looking for defeats from how it seems on both our forums

he has done great since he came....made some mistakes too......but again i will say we are STILL unbeaten and top of the SPL

with our squad and budget who would have predicted that?

a lot were predicting a relegation struggle...we may not stay there and may even lose a few games by the end of the season but hopefully we can stay top six

• Like 1

I've got my ticket and for the first time in a very, very, long time I'll be going to Ibrox with hope and belief. Today doesn't change that.

There is pressure on the management and players with regards to this fixture. McCall and players owe the fans a performance.

As you can't draw this fixture only a win is good enough. Anything else will be seen as a failure.....and that is as much down to Berwick, Peterhead, Annan, and QOS than anything else.

Watched on the telly and a point is good but feels like a defeat at the moment. I am not looking for excuses but felt that Mr Madman in the middle gave Aberdeen every opportunity to get back into the game. The squealing from the dons fans every time any one went near Fraser was also responsible for the refs performance.

Upward and onwards.

Mon the Well

Bloody hell!!! Yes it was disappointing to lose such a late goal and only get a draw. But some folk need to get a grip. Seven games, unbeaten home and away and top of the SPL. Aye its a piss poor start to the season right enough.:O All 'Well fans should be savouring every single minute of this season and the past few seasons in the sun because its heady days for us and it won't last forever. Like quite a few who post on here I've seen some real piss poor starts to seasons and some right piss poor seasons so for me this is almost surreal. So lets not lose the plot and keep wioth the team - regardless of whether or not we lose to both halves of the OF next week becaue it won't make us a bad team.