Larkhall Motherwell Supporters Bus

tommycoyne

This game is in December and because Christmas is fast approaching I'm working a few Saturday's on overtime. I can't justify losing £90 for the shift and then spending the best part of £50 on a day out. That isn't even counting bevvy and food.

I'd love to be going but I'm afraid it's a no go. If that makes me a part timer then I'm afraid I'm guilty as charged.

Are they real well fans? It's the cup, its a non profit bus, day away with wellies without wife's, and no ones interested? Why do we even try? Mare mate but hold your head high and ill just get 7 trains:)) WHO ARE WE??

It's hard to tell whether that's in jest or serious but either way it comes across really poorly.

It seems to me you thought a bit of bluster on here allied to a poster on a wall in a boozer was somehow automatically going to get you a busload to go to Aberdeen.

I'd say you need to put a bit more thought and effort into it than that.

Did you post it on Fir Park Corner too?

Did you tweet about it and ask folk (including MFC) to re-tweet?

Did you post on Facebook?

Did you enquire about getting something in the programme?

What about the scoreboard. Did you ask at the office for a mention?

Did you put something in the Hamilton Advertiser/EK News or whatever other local papers sell in Larkhall? Evening Times plugs supporters buses - advertise there?

What about surrounding communities did you spread the word in Lesmagow, Strathaven, Ashgill or Ferniegair and the likes?

Did you look through some of the old posts in the Travel thread? Did you ever consider contacting Kmcalpin (East of Scotland) Special AKA (Highland) or ShottsWellfan (Aberdeen) for advice on their involvement on building a supporters group from infancy

Did you consider car pooling rather than going for a bus whilst your group is in its infancy?

Did you contact the Supporters Association for advice, support and potential bus sharing if the numbers were too few?

That's 10 things you could have done off the top of my head to promote and develop your bus rather than just pinning up a poster and getting sarky at folk when they haven't come running.

Any idea that seeks galvanise the Motherwell support such as this deserves encouragement. How you've gone about it though leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 5

Geed did more than me to help organise it although I put a post, and a sheet in Alan's for all interested travelling fans for any away game! Alan's bar also put it on their Facebook page, which has over 800 members, so I thought that was perfect as well as the sheet? If people can't afford it, then that's totally understandable, but I got the impression that there was a fair number of us that loved going to Aberdeen for the trip, fun and the joy of victory? I work too, but would have enjoyed the day , no matter what! I only tried to instigate an old tradition of well fans Larky supporters club, which used to have TWO double deckers leave from Alan's in the halving days seemingly, I'm from wisy originally and am not also old to enough to have witnessed it although its the only time that I wish that I had been born earlier to witness it, I only tried to rejuvenate an old tradition, that would have been easy for us all to go to games, without having to drive, meet each other and enjoy away days. I take on some of the points made by some but I only tried! The previous posts did mention surrounding areas as I never knew there was as many of us in this catchment. I'm happy still to be a contact, and obviously tie up with Geed and Alan's bar in the future, if a few of us want to go to other games, so please keep that in mind! Not meant to be offensive or slag in anyway but I am fervent and thought it would suit us all! Ill drive up now and stay with my mate from muirhouse who now stays in Aberdeen but ill need to be chiller than if I was on a bus! Thanks Geed for your input and interest :)) we shall overcome:)) COME ON YE WELL !!

Cheers cool hand , you hit the spot:)) I did say yabba, that I appreciated some of the other posts, but i felt a bit let down after the initial , positive responces! There's plenty of time for it to kick off again and I can't wait to see the numbers growing when we proceed all the way through to the final again:))

December is the wrong time for trying to fill a bus to Aberdeen I'm afraid. It's not your fault but the SFA's for moving the tournament but can you please spare us the part time shite for people who don't want to or can't go. It get's on my goat so it does :)

For the record nobody has been let down by anyone.

• Like 1

Cool boy. No it a guy called Eric but were 52 so might be a bit old for you:(( the fish I know are currant buns, one from crossford and two from here:))

Having read this post about 24 times still with no joy.....maybe a reason for the lack of response might be that no-one in your pub has a fucking clue what the poster you made actually says?

Can only speak for myself, I'd be interested in a bus to games leaving from larkhall, however dont drink in Larkhall or go on facebook so totally unaware of it before now.

The other issue is the time supporters buses leave. I'd be bringing my son so turning up at places with hours to kill always seem unappealling.

Having the tie in December will be a killer for folk, for me Santa comes first I'm afraid

• Like 2

Cool hand! I watched the first half in the house then the second, from the bar in the central during the racing! We're you and your mate sitting at the pool table? Fish:))

Naw I was myself lurking about where the pool table is. The owner had to put the game on throught the back as the regulars were in for the racing !

• 2 weeks later...