Motherwell & Celtic Greats

scott_mfc

Bit of a strange request but I'm looking for help with names of players who played for both Motherwell and Celtic. Preferably fairly decent players!

So far I have Phil o'donnell, Tom Boyd, Dixie Deans and Brian Mclair.Tommy Coyne

Ignoring all references to falconer, Pearson, McDonald and jim o'brien! laugh.gif

Bit of a strange request but I'm looking for help with names of players who played for both Motherwell and Celtic. Preferably fairly decent players!

So far I have Phil o'donnell, Tom Boyd, Dixie Deans and Brian Mclair.Tommy Coyne

Ignoring all references to falconer, Pearson, McDonald and jim o'brien! laugh.gif

As much as skippy turned out to be a badge kissing wee c**t, he did a great turn for both teams

Willie Falconer and Sillyname Sheridan are another couple not mentioned as yet.

Falconer was good when he wanted to be, almost single-handedly kept McLeish in a job when he first signed. Sheridan remains still more renoknowned for that jumper more than anything else but.

I'm sure Andy Lynch played one game for us

No he just scored two own goals in a league game in April 1977 when the mahnkies could have won the league at the 'Arc :thumbup:

It finnished 3-0 to the mighty Well.......

As usual Well supporertrs were moved from the old Shed (eas tStand) to the enclosure in front of the main stand

Happy days Ian Kennedy scored the other GIRUY :wank:

Thanks pettywulliegrew2 it's all coming back to me now tae..:cheers:

Harry Hood

John Fallon...was my next door negihbour when I stayed in Blantyre..He had the Central Bar in Low Blantyre....Jay has it been pulled down yet?

Paul Wilson... .used to talk to him when he was on the subs bench that was when we had the wee terraces in front of the main stand, often said he enjoyed playing for Motherwell less pressure than playing for celtic

Did he end up at Morton?

Started off at Morton.

One of the most naturally gifted players I have every seen. Managed to somehow get past players without moving! Pity he was a lazy bugger.

EDIT: I see he scored 133 goals for Morton in 246 games. Not too shabby.