Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

McCall was quoted in the Daylate Record page 69 "you have to give the fans (rangers fans) credit for getting right behind their team" . WTF..... not a mention about the support for his own team.

And you seriously think the Daily Old Firm published everything he said, in full?

Pretty much the only place to hear Stuart McCall's unedited reaction to anything these days is MFCTV… anything else is whatever that paper's editor wants you to read.

• Like 1

in none of the papers did he mention his own supporters i know its all edited to suit themselves but if he had mentioned us it would be in one .Anyway MFCTV dont put interveiws on till next day ......thats where all the lazy press get the quotes from without leaving the office

Poor show from Motherwell not issuing a statement today.

Have we just to accept Andrew Wilson's tweet of 'Well done Rangers. Lessons to be learned....'

Shameful. From our statement before the game, to the players and management last night, to the after match comments. Embarrassingly our club took exactly the same approach when Rangers died.

Our club had the chance to put those c***s in their place this summer - we shat it.

Our club had the chance to put those c***s in their place last night - we shat it.

Utter spineless pish.

Poor show from Motherwell not issuing a statement today.

Have we just to accept Andrew Wilson's tweet of 'Well done Rangers. Lessons to be learned....'

A statement? It was a game of football, not some political scandal. I'd much rather they were spending their time teaching our defence to manage short corners than waste time crafting weasel words for a press release.

Let's see their statement on the park at 3pm on Saturday.

• Like 1

A statement? It was a game of football, not some political scandal. I'd much rather they were spending their time teaching our defence to manage short corners than waste time crafting weasel words for a press release.

correct the season restarts on Saturday it was just an annoying and upset tutting glitch but well be back

i widnae hod ma breath

Just as well I have a good tan from holiday cos I certainly needed it to hide my rid neck in work today.

There have been a few lows as a Well fan, but last night was hard to take for so many reasons.

We never seem to learn from our mistakes, no matter how many times we make the same one!

Let's see their statement on the park at 3zpm on Saturday.

Why the strange statement before the game?

How did those who attended enjoy that warm welcome?

Without wishing to sound like a broken record, it would've been nice if the manager of the club we love had at least acknowledged that there were fans of said club in the stadium last night. He certainly managed to comment on the Rangers support often enough before & after the game.

Dont post much on here, prefer to just read majority of posts but I have to say, last night was the worst I have felt in years at a game. Said to my brother just before the game started that I was nervous as f**k and that I hoped we would get stuck right into them but as per usual, it never happened.

I really feel we have some sort of mental block when going to Ibrox and to make matters worse, the whole team let a vocal travelling support down......BADLY!!!

Seeing all those third division teams score at Ibrox and actually put pressure on Rangers made me feel before the game that we might be able to actually do something against them but after Law made a right c**t of his chance in the first half it was down hill all the way.

It was always going to be a battle and Im not sure the players deep down accepted this. The Rangers players were clearly more up for it and I dont think anyone could argue that.

Personally I thought some fans were expecting us to turn up and scud them because of their inept start. In my mind I was 50/50 on how the game would go. I believe we are a better footballing side that them and still do

Whats fairly obvious though is we dont have any big game players. Someone whos been there and done it. Rangers do. Even in their shambolic state they have players who played in a UEFA cup final a few years ago, players with multiple international caps, players with champions league experience. We are crying out for someone like that, even if hes 35 years old.

Im not so much gutted we lost the game, but gutted that we never turned up to give them a game. I'm not one though who blames McCall. I believe he gives 100% to the task. The media are always going to play on the fact he played for them. Most of us have probably been around long enough to realise that unless your Celtic or Rangers then the press don't really give a feck.

The players have just got to get on with it now. Theres no better chance to prove themselves than Celtic on Saturday. Sleeves rolled up this time though please.

What about a gesture by the squad to refund the travelling fans and maybe then a gesture by us to put it in the fighting fund. Something needs to be done after last night to bring the fans and the club closer.... It's not rocket science surely!

We lost the game last night & deserved to lose, I've accepted that, however painful it is.I am angry at our manager's public love in with the opposition support while failing to acknowledge our own. Personally I find it a bit disrespectful.I am not a McCall hater by any means, I've defended him against criticism from other fans very recently.Managing our club is not easy given the very limited resources so to have finished 3rd last season, been to a cup final (ignoring the very disappointing performance that day) & to be currently sitting top of the SPL cannot be underestimated.But his media statements surrounding this game have been infuriating.

Would you want a statement if we lost to St Mirren? McCall gave an interview after the match saying he was angry and upset. What more do you want?

The only reason you are all wetting your pants is cause we lost to Sevco.

Get over it.

When was the last time the board released a pointless statement before a St Mirren game?

• Like 1

When was the last time the board released a pointless statement before a St Mirren game?

It wasn't a pointless statement. As I have said before the more rangers fans that went to the game the more money we got. All they did was a wee bit of good will spin to in the hope a few more orcs got through the door.

Yes it's brown nosing and it doesn't sit we'll with me, but I don't look at the balance sheet everyday at Motherwell.

It wasn't a pointless statement. As I have said before the more rangers fans that went to the game the more money we got. All they did was a wee bit of good will spin to in the hope a few more orcs got through the door.

Yes it's brown nosing and it doesn't sit we'll with me, but I don't look at the balance sheet everyday at Motherwell.

Do you honestly believe that our statement convinced any Sevco fan to go to Ibrox on Wed night?