Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

By the way, I'm not seeing any are-kissing in our statement

It depends on your interpretation of it.

The statement not only tries to move on from the summer (ie. 'let's put our wee falling out behind us') but it also completely discards the fact Motherwell fans are treated like shite every visit to Ibrox by stewards, police and Rangers fans (and will be so again on Wednesday) by noting a favourable reaction to Green's comments. It suggests that our Board not only acknowledge but believe the idea that our fans will be welcome on Wednesday night.

It might not be arse-kissing entirely, but it could be read in such a way that it's at least a slight peck on a cheek.

At best, it's just a load of meaningless nonsense.

I think both Clubs will be hoping that, whilst there will be 'banter' between both sets of fans during the game, that there are zero issues before or even after the game regardless of the result. Emotions were running very high for a while and some officials (not with us) haven't helped things since te situation began in February.

I'm sure the Club have done their homework and are aware of some issues at the Killie game - the first game at Ibrox after administration.

Just another interpretation. I could be wrong.

I think both Clubs will be hoping that, whilst there will be 'banter' between both sets of fans during the game, that there are zero issues before or even after the game regardless of the result. Emotions were running very high for a while and some officials (not with us) haven't helped things since te situation began in February.

I'm sure the Club have done their homework and are aware of some issues at the Killie game - the first game at Ibrox after administration.

Just another interpretation. I could be wrong.

Possibly. But then that just makes the statement terrible. In no way is it a statement that would stand the remotest chance of preventing any trouble pre or post match. If that was the intention, then it's a laughable attempt.

The only reference to fans at the actual game is the idea that our club is 'pleased' Motherwell fans will be welcome at Ibrox on Wednesday. That alone is an absolute riot of a statement.

It's only showing 1 comment for me

yeah thats all I was getting to see just the most recent

Had another look, can see all 49 comments, although last 1 now says posted 1 hour ago.

but its all opened up again so can see the full list again

Interesting that our statement says Rangers made statements welcoming our fans

I cant find these quotes

all I can find on Rangers official is Greens Waffling, saying he seen glints in the voting room that meant he knew Motherwell delegation didnt want to vote no

but he goes on to remind the hordes that it was pressure from the Motherwell fans that made the club vote No

so no welcome for us the fans then, only the board and team, although both Statements are pretty much waffle

The statement is arse licking unnecessary nonsense IMO.

As for the game, Hateley to RB, Law in the middle, Ramsden at centre half, Murph out left and just fucking go for it. The whole of the SPL will be behind us for this one!

2-1 to us, Higgy double!!

Haven't read the statement and not going to.............now back to the game!

I hope we beat them by more than 2 -1 I hope we gub them so that regardless of which Rangers they choose to be it's a record home defeat for any rangers in any form!!!!

Excuse me while I take a wee trip down memory lane....

Scottish Premier League match, 29th April 1995. 2nd placed Motherwell defeated a lacklustre Rangers side (who had already been crowned Champions) thanks to goals from Dougie Arnott and Shaun McSkimming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dsUe6usbnE&feature=related

Scottish Premier League match, 6th October 1993. The 'Hammer of the Old Firm' struck again as Dougie Arnott fired a double in reply to Ian Ferguson's opener for Rangers. Featuring some nasty 'Well fans celebrating in "the worst possible way"...singing the Sash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIQ_AjiLpE&feature=relmfu

Its a truly bizarre statement and I was admiring the fact that nearly every response on the Motherwell facebook page was saying as much

now, I dont get to see the comments? is that just me that cant see them now or has the visibility been changed?

There was an issue with comments in general on Facebook yesterday. I believe it's been fixed now.