Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

That statement is just Motherwell doing a bit of PR to get more Rangers fans to go to the game. The more that go the more money we make.

We say we like Rangers and hope they can build for the future. The orcs go 'Oh the wee Steelmen like us. I think I will go to the game and give them a hearty cheer.'

We get the orcs money to put our players on new contracts.

• Like 1

That statement is just Motherwell doing a bit of PR to get more Rangers fans to go to the game. The more that go the more money we make.

We say we like Rangers and hope they can build for the future. The orcs go 'Oh the wee Steelmen like us. I think I will go to the game and give them a hearty cheer.'

We get the orcs money to put our players on new contracts.

Why does that sound like one of Baldrick's 'cunning plans'?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

According to ticket office yesterday, we had sold 500 tickets for match tomorrow night, not quite the crowds we used to get, but much more than normally goes these days.

This is not too bad considering the game is live on council telly. Here’s hoping that we get the right result. thumbup.gif

Having a look at Rangers Media, the Rangers team will likely be unchanged from yesterday and will therefore be, I believe:

Alexander

Faure --- Perry --- Cribari --- Wallace

Argyriou --- Black --- Shiels --- MacLeod --- McKay

McCulloch

As much as I understand the uncertainty and anxiety before a trip to Ibrox based on our past form, that's a team we should be beating and I'll be turning up on Wednesday fully expecting us to do so.

Alexander's obviously a very decent SPL goalkeeper, and the likes of Wallace, Black and Shiels are top six quality. McCulloch has gradually been used more defensively as he's aged and gotten slower, so while his experience and ability to bully defenders will be an issue (allied to the fact he's almost certain to score) his lack of mobility and pace won't be.

Outwith those players, who are we actually facing here? Perry, MacLeod and McKay are youngsters who might look half decent (and regularly don't look decent) against Third Division part-timers.

That leaves the foreign contingent. Sebastian Faure barely played a first team game before joining Rangers, Anestis Argyriou played a handful of games over five years in Greece, and Emilson Cribari has only played a few times over the past couple of years. None of these players have any experience of Scottish football outwith the Third Division and Challenge Cup (playing in teams that have failed to win away from home in the league, and have been knocked out of the cup). McCoist can brief them all day about how big a step up it is, but none of these players will have any idea of how good SPL players are (in comparison to the bottom division) until Wednesday night. I reckon that's a crucial point and one we should take full example of.

Outwith those players, there's the likes of Sandaza and Kyle (both of whom the Rangers support have been berating as hopeless so far this season) and other youngsters who'd be squad players (if that) in most decent SPL sides.

It's a cup tie away from home against a side that has players like Shiels and Wallace who are good quality SPL players, and the likes of McCulloch who will pose a threat up front. In any game of football there's a chance of a defeat and there's a very real chance here. But putting aside all the fear and worry about a trip to Ibrox aside, I expect us to go through on Wednesday night.

The biggest worry from the Rangers support is that their defence is ganting. That's their take on it. Take the game to them early on, start at a quick tempo, and get in about a dodgy defence (featuring two players with no idea about the level of player they're coming up against), and there's no reason why we can't get a couple of early goals. From there, the home support get on their backs and it's shooty in.

It almost feels like it's taboo amongst Motherwell fans to talk about expecting a win on Wednesday night. But that's exactly what I do expect.

I agree with most of that post and see if I wasn't a Motherwell fan I would be lumping money on us tomorrow because I would be certain of a win.

However, there is something nagging me deep down inside and maybe it is fear. It isn't fear of the Rangers team but probably fear of the Motherwell team in a sense. I'm sick of going in to Rangers games thinking we have a chance and then getting pumped. What makes the last few years morte frustrating is not that they keep dishing out a pumping to us but in my opinion worse Motherwell teams have beaten better Rangers teams in my lifetime.

My fear is born through numerous pumpings in the past and as a consequence I don't think I will go in to tomorrow's game with aything other than fear and as I have said before fears don't have to be rational. I know this one isn't because I am certain we have a better team than Rangers and I know that any of our players would walk right in to that Rangers team right now.

I really hope I can post on this tomorrow night after the game and announce my fear of Motherwell playing at "Ibrox" is cured.

People keep saying that but I have no idea what those things are

First problem is games moving to weird times. Lot's of people have kid/family commitments in the mornings and can't make 12pm kickoffs.

I was 17 before we had a computer in the house and there weren't 50 matches a day I could watch for free on it like you can now.

Plus the 50 games a day you can get on cable/satellite.

Just to name a few.

• Like 2

I agree with most of that post and see if I wasn't a Motherwell fan I would be lumping money on us tomorrow because I would be certain of a win.

However, there is something nagging me deep down inside and maybe it is fear. It isn't fear of the Rangers team but probably fear of the Motherwell team in a sense. I'm sick of going in to Rangers games thinking we have a chance and then getting pumped. What makes the last few years morte frustrating is not that they keep dishing out a pumping to us but in my opinion worse Motherwell teams have beaten better Rangers teams in my lifetime.

My fear is born through numerous pumpings in the past and as a consequence I don't think I will go in to tomorrow's game with aything other than fear and as I have said before fears don't have to be rational. I know this one isn't because I am certain we have a better team than Rangers and I know that any of our players would walk right in to that Rangers team right now.

I really hope I can post on this tomorrow night after the game and announce my fear of Motherwell playing at "Ibrox" is cured.

im thinking about acton st 6/4 with hills, the bubble must burst but will it be tomorrow ? AYE!! So feck it! Victory the morra ill buy a round in Allan's after it