Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

A whole lot of over reaction in this thread. If that was the most gutless Motherwell performance youv ever seen, then you havent been to many games. Christ, given the amount of ibrox humpings iv watched us get over the years, that one almost felt half decent!

Facts are we were outdone by 2 silly mistakes and our inability to shoot.

People are saying McCall didnt have us up for it? You obviously missed Randolph going nuclear at the 2nd goal or Hutchy getting stitches over and over rather than just asking to be subbed. I also thought that Ojamma put in a good shift in the 2nd half.

Thats not to say that some of our players didnt have a bad game. Humphrey was abysmal& Cummins as much as he has done well since his introduction, could be doing with another year spent as backup. Time to get ramsden back in or give page his chance. As others have said, Hately needs to be back at RB.

Its a pain in the arse to get beat and we will all get a slagging at work, uni, college, school, pub etc off our currant bun pals. But wev all been dishing it out to them all summer so its time to suck it up. We are still top of the SPL and its a diddy cup anyway!

PS - The smoke bomb was stinking but i loved it anyway, would have been top drawer had we taken the lead and set that thing off!

We should seriously just get a different manager in for old firm games. Completely fucking gutless. We piss about terrified to try anything with no urgency. Fuck 'keeping THE CROWD quiet'! Fuck the crowd! Get stuck right into them!! FOR ONCE.

As for the sevco fans. Absolute shameless c***s. "SPL you're havin a laugh"? Seriously? You got kicked out of it for cheating the taxpayer out of tens of millions and getting liquidated. Have they no shame?

Fucking disgraceful result and performance by the team. McCall needs to get rid of his h*n loyalties and pick his best 11 instead of accomodating Hateley in midfield where he clearly is not equipped to play. At Dundee when Hateley was put back to right back it made a huge difference and with Kerr being poor in his last 2 starts at right back it would of made sense to have Carswell in place of Hateley at centre mid. In the transfer window it was obvious this was the area that was needing strengthening but no we sign his buddy from Bradford who is known to be injury prone. Got to question the gaffers objectivity here.

As for the performance it was pathetic from start to when i left with 15 minutes to go. We looked scared of them in the first 5 minutes and this was a catalyst to make them believe that we were there for the taking and so it proved to be. The fact we never troubled the c***s for the whole 90 minutes says it all about the team and manager. The fans did the team proud again just a pity the shitebags on the pitch never had the same hunger for victory as we did. No doubt we'll beat the tims on Saturday though..............

Pathetic performance against a crap Rangers team.Too many pointless passes across the front their defence and we forgot the point was to score a bloody goal. Did Hump pass the ball forward once in the second half he looked a bit pissed off to me .Manager must take a large portion of the blame for this one should have countered their packed defence with longer balls over them , passing til we lost the ball was vary frustrating.Shame the flare did not last for the full 90 mins and block out the full game.

No doubt we'll beat the tims on Saturday though..............

I'll crack the jokes.

They'll be desperate to get their SPL campaign off the ground following a shaky start and what better place to kick start it than against Motherwell, who have the biggest inferiority complex in the league?

The only question on Saturday will be of how many goals Celtic beat us by.

Cummins has been struggling in last few games look at his position for Dons second goal also second game in row where Kerr has been ripped he was like rabbit in headlights. Humph wasn't great but was up against decent full back when we should have been having go at the right side of Rangers. I worry at our lack of width left side as teams can run at will down there.

Fans were great team couldn't match the effort today!

• Like 1

A whole lot of over reaction in this thread. If that was the most gutless Motherwell performance youv ever seen, then you havent been to many games. Christ, given the amount of ibrox humpings iv watched us get over the years, that one almost felt

Whit????

That was a glorified reserve team. Black, Templeton, Kyle, and Little were all missing and Sandaza went off after 20 minutes.....and they still humped us.

At least when we have been done in the past they have a team full of internationalists.

Thoroughly depressing stuff. I'm trying to convince myself that it's not so bad, only for something to pop back into my head to reassure me that it was indeed utter shite.

I felt when the draw was made there was always a fair possibility we might lose. I reckoned the task we faced was probably something akin to going to play a St Mirren, KIllie or Inverness away in the Cup.

But looking at their team tonight I'm not so sure that's even a fair comparison. No Kyle. No Black. No Templeton. Sandaza off early in the game. Just how weak a line up do they actually have to have before we actually believe that we can beat them?

Though the first half was probably eaksy peaksy in the end, I thought it was significant how the tone was set from the first minute. If ever there was a game you had to come blasting out the traps this was it. Some will remember that 9-in-a-row busting day at Ibrox where we scored early and had the ball for something like all but 30 seconds of the first 5 or 6 minutes and shutting up their crowd. Tonight we were scrambling about our own box chasing down misplaced passes and allowing them to get their fans up behind them right from the word go.

The first fifteen of the second half were utterly dreadful. We recovered to at least have some measure of possession but at 2-0 Rangers were happy to afford us to that given how little cutting edge we had demonstrated throughout the game.

I'm not privvy to what was said in the dressing room or in the build up to the game but I do know that was soul destroying stuff to watch.

In a sense I'm fearful that our deficiencies have exposed for all to see ahead of Celtic on Saturday, but,at the same time though it does seem a bit laughable given the tepid performance tonight, that such a game might ensure they raise their game and not wallow in any self-pity after tonight.

Positives? The smokebomb was impressive and sparked some defiant support even when all was lost on the park. Would have been quite good to have seen that go off if we had gone ahead. And grudging credit to their supporters with the reposte to the European banner they faced at Fir Park last season. I'm sure the boys at the top of the East Stand will take it as a compliment that their efforts are being noticed and reacted to.

And now to steel oneself for the onset of flak that will inevitably come our way over the next couple of days...

• Like 1

Got to love the MFCTV headline on twitter "McCall anger at Cup exit"...In his post match interview he didn't look too bothered at all. Would have been a bit of justification if he did come across as pissed off but no. Hope he can muster at least being a bit miffed in the next few days.

I can't add much about the performance to whats been said already. All I will say is that our central midfield is the root cause of a lot of our problems. Steve Jennings has not been replaced and thats left a huge hole. Keith Lasley is struggling at 32. We have no ready made replacement to step in. The nearest we can come to that is Simon Ramsden who hasn't yet been played in midfield. There's far more to it than that of course, but this critical issue should have been addressed months ago.

The players and management have a lot of making up to do on Saturday.

Got to love the MFCTV headline on twitter "McCall anger at Cup exit"...In his post match interview he didn't look too bothered at all.

On BBC or MFCTV? Just watching his MFCTV interview now, and he does sound fairly pissed off, bemoaning our "faffing around in good positions" etc. Although he also says if the players don't perform on Saturday he's going to have make changes, suggesting he's not planning to make many beforehand, and also that "doesn't know what the answer is" to our performances at Ibrox, which isn't terribly encouraging either...

Yawn........struggling to say anything about tonights game.........been watching MFC to long !

The youngsters at the back need a rest...........:angry: another couple of poor goals

Humph :doh: .........

Daley looked intrested for once :blink:

mccullochs assault ....was it mentioned on the tv after the game ?????:wank:

Feel sorry for the support that attended Mordor.......