Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

As for the Daley chat...

Pleasantly surprised to see him impress when he came on, showed desire, and was night and day compared to Humphrey with his ability to think about each situation and choose to cross, beat a man, or retain possesion until support arrived all of that for about 5 minutes then, when he was blowing out his arse.

he should never have been given a long term deal, if his character was known prior to signing, just another player in the Bob Malcolm mould who's happy to take cash and sit on his arse, or maybe its the managers who cant control these players?

Have to say from a personal point of view , last night was my worst ever in over 40 years as a Well . I'm well past the age where a defeat ruins my weekend. I've seen us relegated, cheated, been unlucky and lose out in everyway possible but jesus christ that takes the biscuit. Think it was lasley that put his arm round McCulloch's shoulder and gave him a wee chat after he'd kicked the fuck out of us, Wullie McVie would have had that prick by the throat. FFs . absolutely fucking spineless . Wish to fuck McCall had been sitting in my seat on the edge of our support when those c***s scored their second ,he would not be so keen to lick their arse this morning i can tell you

Have to say from a personal point of view , last night was my worst ever in over 40 years as a Well . I'm well past the age where a defeat ruins my weekend. I've seen us relegated, cheated, been unlucky and lose out in everyway possible but jesus christ that takes the biscuit. Think it was lasley that put his arm round McCulloch's shoulder and gave him a wee chat after he'd kicked the fuck out of us, Wullie McVie would have had that prick by the throat. FFs . absolutely fucking spineless . Wish to fuck McCall had been sitting in my seat on the edge of our support when those c***s scored their second ,he would not be so keen to lick their arse this morning i can tell you

+1

• Like 1

Can only agree with the majority of feelings about the game last night. What summed it up for me was a Jags supporting mate who was watching in the pub with me and said: your team are scared of this mob, it's as if they don't want to be there.I couldn't disagree with him. There will be conjecture on here till the cows come home, but the truth is that if you can't be up for a game like that after all the shite we've had to put up with as a club and supporters from that shower of feckers, it's time to give up. To lose was bad enough, but the manner of it is the worst thing and will hang over us for a while. Hopefully the management will have the team watch the whole debacle again today and fire a rocket up them. Truly gutted by this.

Think it was lasley that put his arm round McCulloch's shoulder and gave him a wee chat after he'd kicked the fuck out of us

While there are plenty of things pissing me off about last night's debacle, have to say that's not one of them. Lasley and McCulloch (and Hammell, for that matter) were team-mates at Motherwell and more than likely good mates off the park, so I don't really care what they do after the game as long as they get stuck right into each other during it.

Sure, McCulloch got stuck in and displayed some of the qualities our lot so palpably lacked. However, It's a crumb of comfort from last night's debacle that the guy was on the other team. A diving, cheating thug of a man, who assaulted Cummin safe in the knowledge that he'd get away with it, on the night at least. (Here's hoping retribution's on its way, but I for one won't be holding my breath.)

I think the Celtic game could make or break our season, not the result, but purely the performance. McCall, unfortunately, has disqualified himself from playing the role a manager needs to play at times like these - how can he kick arse when he was shiting it bigtime himself? No, I hope those players are hurting bad - if they have any kind of professional pride they bloody well ought to be - and they come out angry and fighting mad on Saturday.

Me personally, I'm so glad I live a good long way from Scotland these days. Condolences to all of you having to live with the shame of it for now.

While there are plenty of things pissing me off about last night's debacle, have to say that's not one of them. Lasley and McCulloch (and Hammell, for that matter) were team-mates at Motherwell and more than likely good mates off the park, so I don't really care what they do after the game as long as they get stuck right into each other during it.

it was during the game, that is the point!

MCulloch had just blatently fouled two Motherwell players to get play stopped as Rangers man was down for around two -three minutes and we had continued playing, rightly so

1348760735[/url]' post='362563']

Sure, McCulloch got stuck in and displayed some of the qualities our lot so palpably lacked. However, It's a crumb of comfort from last night's debacle that the guy was on the other team. A diving, cheating thug of a man, who assaulted Cummin safe in the knowledge that he'd get away with it, on the night at least. (Here's hoping retribution's on its way, but I for one won't be holding my breath.)

I think the Celtic game could make or break our season, not the result, but purely the performance. McCall, unfortunately, has disqualified himself from playing the role a manager needs to play at times like these - how can he kick arse when he was shiting it bigtime himself? No, I hope those players are hurting bad - if they have any kind of professional pride they bloody well ought to be - and they come out angry and fighting mad on Saturday.

Me personally, I'm so glad I live a good long way from Scotland these days. Condolences to all of you having to live with the shame of it for now.

Zombies are not welcome in these forums.

• Like 1

"Zombies not welcome on these forums"

I thought this sort of forum existed for whoever with an interest in the 'Well and something they wanted to contribute to an ongoing debate. If it's just for abusing people you don't agree with, then I'm obviously in the wrong place.

In response to the other guy - sorry I'm not computer-savvy, and can't do the linking - I stick by my opinion that this Saturday's game is massive. It's a question of morale, which must be bumping along the bottom at the moment.

• Like 1

Because it's about as likely to happen as steelboy emailing an apology to Higdon.

Probably, but it should happen.

Last night was the most spineless performance I can remember from a Motherwell team and those of us who paid the money (and took the abuse in and around the ground) deserve some form of recognition from our club, our manager and the players.

Quite agree imagine if Lasley had elbowed one of Rangers young players in the face do you think McCulloch would have had a laugh about it or any of the Rangers players no they would have surrounded the ref and had him sent off. Motherwells attitude was pathetic from the start, like it or not we were representing the SPL last night, and made a laughing stock of the league and of the club. The majority of posters on here like myself have supported the club all their life and like me will continue to do so but by god performances like last night make it a pain rather than a pleasure. The club asked the fans to get behind the club via the well lottery, Well Society and other ventures it would have been nice if McCall and the players had shown some fight for the club last night just to give a little back. Defeats we can take(just) but surrender like that really hurts and the sad thing is if we do manage a result on Saturday it will just confirm the views of many people that McCall just doesn't want to beat Rangers.

Rant over

Last night was the most spineless performance I can remember from a Motherwell team and those of us who paid the money (and took the abuse in and around the ground) deserve some form of recognition from our club, our manager and the players.

Totally agree with that sentiment.

All I've heard him talk about is the Rangers support, 12th man etc.

After all the emails we've had from him previously encouraging us to get to games, don't think it's too much to ask as the fans certainly did our club proud last night.

McCall was quoted in the Daylate Record page 69 "you have to give the fans (rangers fans) credit for getting right behind their team" . WTF..... not a mention about the support for his own team .It would be curtious of him to mention all us mugs who turned up again at a horrible Ibrox Park beleiving his team would at least put up a show this time against a shit Rangers team . Who gives a toss about their fans .Mr McCall owes each one of us who turned up last night at least a mention if not a wee apology and explanation.

Massive over reaction. Yes we were shite and I was gutted as the rest of us to lose, but to question McCalls allegiance is poor form as is questioning the players commitment to Motherwell.

The reason we lost and the reason we always lose to Rangers is our total inability to look at them as equals. We put them on the pedistal and it gets into the head of the players.

It would not suprise me one bit if we ended getting a result against Celtic.

Our issue with Rangers is now totally a mental problem. We need to instil the belief we can beat them. My only hope is we don't play them for a few years and forget all that has went before!

• Like 2

The Daily Record claiming a Motherwell fan invaded the pitch last night to attack lee mcculloch blink.gif

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-three-1346289

It was too much for one of the more brainless Motherwell supporters who raced on to the pitch after the final whistle as if he was set to attack the treacherous McCulloch; He was smart enough to think twice though and wait just long enough to be huckled away by the stewards before reaching his intended target.

it'll probably happen, with the growing discontent from McCalls quotes praising the Rangers support, sadly we could almost write it amongst ourselves

Flow couldnt have been more direct in his attempt to give Stuart the opportunity to acknowledge the Wellfans, but all that was forthcoming was that sadly the fans had more belief than the players

now its up for debate about whats said when etc but if repeatedly in the pressure situation of pre and post match interviews, his first thoughts are praise for opposition teams and their fans, then perhaps its his head that needs looked at

he needs to be 100% focussing and talking about MFC, and even if thats bad, last night was about Motherwell losing, no mention of Rangers strengths should even be near his lips

Hately in midfield has worked how many times? even recently Dundee he was swapped back, Aberdeen we capitulated a 2 goal lead, and last night was just a shocker

Humphrey was pretty much a waste of a jersey from kick off although after the initial onslaught perhaps he'd have came back into the game, but after 20minutes it couldnt have been more obvious he was ineffective and should have been hooked (I know he can be a game winner etc, but it was that bad last night , Hollis would have been a better choice) and I still reckon we lost the 1st goal from yet another attack from his slack pass

whats that now 5 games we've conceded from short corners, all very good talking about McCall, but sticking by the same players mistake after mistake is your choice,

Cummins and Hutch isnt working, seems to be an easy option to see if Ramsden and one or other is better

oh and maybe sort out men on the post?

everything that cost us last night has been apparent in every game to date this season, just that last night, it wasnt shitty SPL opposition it was a team that were much hungrier and had nothing to lose

and lets not kid ourselves that we see great football , half of them can't control and pass 5 yards 90% of the time

we're where we are because the SPL experiment has set every club back ten years