Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

As days have went by i thought i would have cooled down but after watching McCall reaction during the game we looked like he didnt give a feck, i have stood by mccall time and time again, but starting to wonder if he actual cares more about rangers than us. He does nothing but praise there fans and sook right up there club everytime we play them. About time he stuck 2 fingers up to them and concentrated on building up our fans and club!!

It's not just games against Rangers that McCall falls short in, his record against Celtic isn't much better and our wee jaunt into Europe this season saw some embarrassingly inept and gutless displays too.

I'm not defending McCall or the team, they deserve every single bit of the criticism they're getting for Wednesday night's debacle, but this talk that the result and performance was down to McCall "lying down to Rangers" is utter nonsense. He's not 'lying down' he's just got a poor attitude to games like this, something which will be all too evident again tomorrow. He's also not a very good manager into the bargain.

A statement? It was a game of football, not some political scandal. I'd much rather they were spending their time teaching our defence to manage short corners than waste time crafting weasel words for a press release.

Let's see their statement on the park at 3pm on Saturday.

Exactly what I was thinking. Are other clubs in the business of putting out statements when they play badly or lose a game that their fans half-expected to win?

If Jim Gannon were still our manager we would've scudded Rangers 3 or 4 nil. Jim Gannon - the best Motherwell manager of the last 10 years.

That Rangers victory would have come as part of the meagre 28% victory percentage that he secured as our manager then, eh?

Gannon's football was easy on the eye, but he lost more games than he won as Motherwell manager, did he not?

Exactly what I was thinking. Are other clubs in the business of putting out statements when they play badly or lose a game that their fans half-expected to win?

You're missing the point entirely. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's intentional.

As I've said previously, most other clubs aren't in the business of putting out meaningless statements before a league cup tie.

It was in response to Green's statement. If Green had made the same comments about another SPL club, they may have also responded in a similar manner.

It didn't have anything to do with the poor performance on the park, so who cares?

Do you honestly believe that our statement convinced any Sevco fan to go to Ibrox on Wed night?

Does it matter if I did? The point is it wasn't a pointlesss statement - it was a pretty poor attemtemt to get cosy with the Rangers fans.

But I stand by the statement that all this uproar is down to the fact we were playing Sevco. If it were anyone else there would not be a 27 page thread and we would have forgotten all about it by now.

Too many people totally obsessed with Rangers on here.

• Like 2

If Jim Gannon were still our manager we would've scudded Rangers 3 or 4 nil. Jim Gannon - the best Motherwell manager of the last 10 years.

Fair point. We'd likely have been in Division Three by now if he was still here and since most Division Three teams are giving them a game..... :whistling:

I jest ofcourse.

He's also not a very good manager into the bargain.

So going back a few years and the fact we have lost quite a lot to Rangers and Celtic which is to be expected and the fact we have lost European Games to teams with 20 times our budget means that McCall is a poor manager?

Why not judge him on his performances against teams at a similar level? Which I am pretty sure will be excellent.

Wednesday was a terrible night for the club, but it was one game. If we finish second or third again this season with the small sqaud we have it will be another amazing achievement from McCall.