Rangers V Motherwell

Bop

Agreed. Just about every Rangers fan will tell you they're absolutely horrific at the back. Go at them and we will score goals.

i agree with you here!!!!!!!

for me, its the McCall factor!! we have to change the way we normally play against them

go for it from the off - and i think you could persuade me that we have a chance!!

normal stand offish and respect tactics - and i fear we will lose!

Agreed. What the fuck is that all about? A polite way of saying "don't taunt them about their cheating"?

Do the Motherwell board honestly believe we will recieve a genuine "warm welcome"?!?!?

A truely bizarre statement.

I've read it a couple of times because I assume I must be missing something.

"The Board of Motherwell Football Club today (Monday) issued the following brief statement ahead of Wednesday's match with Rangers.

"The Board, players, staff and fans at Motherwell FC are united behind making the club successful and a positive force for improvement in the Scottish game.

"This week we are excited to be playing a Scottish Communities League Cup fixture against Rangers as both clubs build for the future. All of our focus should be on the field of play and we look forward to what promises to being a great game.

"We are pleased to note both the CEO and Board of Rangers recently said they would welcome our staff and fans and we will extend the same courtesy to all clubs ourselves as we seek to create a welcoming family club.

"The past is done; we now can only influence the future. We are now totally focused on what happens on the field this week. More generally we want to put all our energies into building on the hard work we have done over the last few years to make our club a sustainable success."

Nothing wrong with the statement, but I'm struggling to see the need for it or indeed what point they are trying to make with it.

Baffling . If the point is that we are supposedly going to be warmly welcomed by their hierarchy , so we should be nicey nicey and avoid the issue of their current status , the club can quite frankly feck off !!

Do they honestly think that the Rangers support are going to do anything other than spit abuse at us for 90 mins ? .

Get an early goal to settle the nerves , and let the fun begin !!

Aye, the attention was grabbed a little when I saw the "statement from the board" on the official but having read it feel it's an odd statement there was no need for us to make.

Any comment coming from Motherwell I feel should have been solely on the game itself and solely from the manager and his players.

Intervention from the board on this one is unnecessary I feel. Last week I welcomed Green's remarks about Motherwell being welcome. The onus I felt was on Rangers to dampen down any potential hysterics amongst their supporters stemming from some "playing to the gallery" from their chief-executive.

I get a sense that wrongly we have somehow felt obliged to respond. Whether the root of these statements by both clubs is a joint attempt to try to dampen down any outpourings off the park, possibly driven by lower than expected ticket sales I don't know.

And I actually don't have a problem at all with establishing a good working relationship with Rangers as we have done with lots of other clubs, but I'd be happy enough that was done in the background and that the club didn't feel the need to remark upon it in a public statement.

What exactly is the point of that statement? Load of brown-nosing nonsense.

Totally in-keeping with the inferiority complex Motherwell F.C have demonstrated so well when it comes to the old firm for years on the pitch. Has just seemed to me for as long as i can remember that the players don't believe that they have any right to be beating them, a view that has filtered down right from the very top.

Have a feeling this will continue on Wednesday night and the 'well will come home empty handed, really, really hope I'm wrong mind you...

They're a bunch of uninterested journeymen and young boys who have looked average against guys playing for £40 petrol money, hope the players don't freeze come kick off and instead get torn right into the fuckers from the get go.

We're fuckin with their tiny minds.

Would love it to have said "looking forward to the first ever meeting between the two clubs and relishing the opportunity to 'get it roon' the deluded new board, the odious fat sweaty chavs on the coaching staff, the scummy moneygrabbing, underachieving players and the hordes of disgusting bigoted zombie orcs - all of whom appear to have jumped ship from the floating carcass of the rotting 'oldco' "

But that's just me

Git into the c***s

• Like 3

"The Board of Motherwell Football Club today (Monday) issued the following brief statement ahead of Wednesday's match with Rangers.

"The Board, players, staff and fans at Motherwell FC are united behind making the club successful and a positive force for improvement in the Scottish game.

"This week we are excited to be playing a Scottish Communities League Cup fixture against Rangers as both clubs build for the future. All of our focus should be on the field of play and we look forward to what promises to being a great game.

"We are pleased to note both the CEO and Board of Rangers recently said they would welcome our staff and fans and we will extend the same courtesy to all clubs ourselves as we seek to create a welcoming family club.

"The past is done; we now can only influence the future. We are now totally focused on what happens on the field this week. More generally we want to put all our energies into building on the hard work we have done over the last few years to make our club a sustainable success."

Nothing wrong with the statement, but I'm struggling to see the need for it or indeed what point they are trying to make with it.

I've highlighted above what I think are the points the board are trying to make in a roundabout way.

Last week we had Green bumping his gums and giving us all this gumph about what was happening behind the scenes and how Motherwell really wanted to vote the new club into the SPL but couldn't do so due to pressure from us, the fans. I think that what the board are doing is trying to draw a line under what the thought processes were in the past and remind us that is where they belong - in the past. This is a game of football, we are focused on it and are no going to be drawn into Green's political shenanigans. Just reminding us that the board is about Motherwell, and doing the best for Motherwell, and not stepping back into that minefield.

And if it's not that then I am as gazumpped as everyone else.

It's a fuckin terrible statement. Looks like we need some c**t from MI5 to extract anything meaningful for your average footie fan.

And unfortunately in our race to be nice and cuddly we've let down (betrayed is mibbe too strong) the guys and gals that have endured the horrendous treatment at the hands of stewards and fans at that (and the other) shithole.

A bit more thought and a bit more balance.

• Like 1