Sunday's Game

stoney

here is a link to the aftermatch thread from the Aberdeen site.

there are faaaaaar more positive things sed about our team on their site than in either well forums so thought i'd put a wee link up.

everyone is entitled to their own views but , imo, some of the comments on both sites have been a wee bitty over the top with some even talking of walkin away if we dont win teh cup game on Wednesday or that Mccall...never the gaffer/SM/stuart Mccall etc ...will lose any goodwill he has from some fans if we lose.:help:

It must be fecking great to be a player/coach/manager or board member of our club irritated.gif

:wallbash:

[/url]

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114049432&page=1

I have yet to hear or see anyone saying they will 'walk away' from attending Motherwell games if we get beat on Wednesday. Until you show me otherwise I can only assume you are talking nonsense.

Oh absolutely. At 1-0 down I was desperate for a point. I got what I wanted.....but as in life never enough :laugh:

I think McCall will lose some goodwill if we get beaten by Rangers. If we get beat heavily I would even state he might lose one or two from the support. A mad sentence itself but times have changed and their recent results have been rank.

26-2 since he took over.

I will be bitterly, bitterly, disappointed if we don't progress. No pride even in a penalty kick loss imo.

Close but as usual steelboy you are a mile out.

People can lose faith in a manager in respect to certain or indeed all fixtures and still turn up at the games. Case in point many of us were completely scunnered by Malpas but we still went to Fir Park to support the team.

Fans have lost faith in McCall when it has come to facing Rangers. If we get beat HEAVILY on Wednesday HE, not the TEAM or CLUB, imo, will lose some support. That is whst was referenced in my post. No mention of one defeat and people not going back to Motherwell games, home or away.

Close but as usual steelboy you are a mile out.

People can lose faith in a manager in respect to certain or indeed all fixtures and still turn up at the games. Case in point many of us were completely scunnered by Malpas but we still went to Fir Park to support the team.

Fans have lost faith in McCall when it has come to facing Rangers. If we get beat HEAVILY on Wednesday HE, not the TEAM or CLUB, imo, will lose some support. That is whst was referenced in my post. No mention of one defeat and people not going back to Motherwell games, home or away.

So if we get put out the diddy cup by a team with 4times our wage bill, you will turn on the manager despite the fact we will still be top of the spl, got 3rd last season & a cup final the year before??

Glad we dont claim like celtic to be the greatest fans in the world!

everyone is entitled to their own views but , imo, some of the comments on both sites have been a wee bitty over the top with some even talking of walkin away if we dont win teh cup game on Wednesday or that Mccall...never the gaffer/SM/stuart Mccall etc ...will lose any goodwill he has from some fans if we lose.:help:

We don't do walking away...

So if we get put out the diddy cup by a team with 4times our wage bill, you will turn on the manager despite the fact we will still be top of the spl, got 3rd last season & a cup final the year before??

Glad we dont claim like celtic to be the greatest fans in the world!

:laugh:

....and where did I say I would be one of those people?

I think he is talking nonsense. Anyone want to deliver the immortal line....?

please do :doh:

still think its fecking ridiculous some of the comments on the aberdeen thread, where there are more positive things sed in the standfree site about our team than our own site, and i simply cant understand the talk of our gaffer losing the goodwill of any fans or fans walking away from him(?), apart from the ones that dont already have any for him from reading the way some refer to him anyway while we have just had one of our best seasons and started so well in the league this year.:help:

SOME fans may have finlay

Is wednesday night not the ONE defeat we are talking about and the reason why i think its so ridiculous that anyone would walk away...be it from team, sorry that was my understanding from your comment, or even the manager, because of 1 defeat is simply stupid :blush:

No one will walk away from Fir Park if we get beat on Wednesday. It is not my stance but I do think if we get heavily beat he will lose some support from those that aren't convinced by him.

For the avoidance of doubt I think he has done a tremendous job. I was raging with his management of our team in injury time on Sunday though. He will still get my full support tomorrow night.

If some lose faith after a heavy defeat tomorrow, if it happens, then that is their choice. I'll still be there on Saturday and he will get my support but I will, likely the same as everyone, be very, very, disappointed.

Btw, calling him by his surname is not a sign of disrespect in my opinion. Plenty MFC players etc. are refered to in this way and no disrespect is intended.

Btw, calling him by his surname is not a sign of disrespect in my opinion. Plenty MFC players etc. are refered to in this way and no disrespect is intended.

that is always teh problem with written stuff...people dont always get the meaning that was intended mate.

i just see most of the negative responses about our gaffer and any player referring to them by surname and see it as a bitty disrespectful imo :blush:

I don't think any of the comments on the Aberdeen thread are over the top.

We had just thrown away a 3-1 lead with minutes to go! What did anyone expect?!?!?

Of course people are going to be angry/frustrated/annoyed at that.

Yeah, I'm a little bemused by this too.

At times, these forums can be utterly ridiculous when it comes to criticism and negativity - even when playing teams like Panathanaikos!

I've read a lot worse on here. I've read a lot of incredibly unjustified nonsense on here. I've read some vile outbursts of hatred on here. Why criticism from Sunday's game is being highlighted, I've no idea.

The repetitive mantra of "we're still top of the league" is totally irrelevant to the fact that we couldn't see out a 3-1 lead with a handful of minutes to go. Whether we're 1st, 6th or 12th at the time, such a turnaround in a game is really very poor.

Credit where it's due? We were shitting it at one down, then expecting three points later on, maybe rightly so, but why did we sit back and take the pressure against a team managed by an old draw expert? I thought we'd win , was wrong , but still now will take an undefeated point. Next game is the morra do, lets move on, pump them and then Do the OF double on Saturday! See Yeall in jd's