Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

I'm starting to crawl out of the dark place that Wednesday had put me and hoping for a good response tomorrow. Can't see anything other than a resounding defeat if I'm being honest though.

Watched McCalls pre-Celtic press conference on MFC TV there and he comes across quite differently than every other interview I've seen him give. I wonder if he now realises the strength of feeling of disappointment amongst the Motherwell support about Wednesday nights defeat? He was asked if he needs the Motherwell support behind him tomorrow and he pretty much said he's not bothered! I feel a wee bit sorry for him actually. He looked pretty down.

I actually think we'll have a really poor support tomorrow. A combination of fans fed up with the grief and hassle that Celtic bring now keeping them away permanently, the lingering disappointment of Wednesday and the fact that most folk no longer get their hopes up for this fixture anymore

I do not believe you understand what 100% means. Two mistakes out of eleven, is 18.19% wrong.

So, if you believe McCall got the team 100% wrong, then one can only assume you are pretty poor at arithmetic. Or, you really believe players like Randolph should not have started, or, should have been played in another position, in which case you have went full retard. Never go full retard.

laugh1.gif awesome!

...............................Watched McCalls pre-Celtic press conference on MFC TV there and he comes across quite differently than every other interview I've seen him give. I wonder if he now realises the strength of feeling of disappointment amongst the Motherwell support about Wednesday nights defeat? He was asked if he needs the Motherwell support behind him tomorrow and he pretty much said he's not bothered! I feel a wee bit sorry for him actually. He looked pretty down..................

I actually like Stuart McCall, as a player and now our manager, but if that's his attitude going into tomorrow he might as well pack his bags and go back to Yorkshire right now.

Does he not appreciate how disappointed we all were on Wednesday night ?. Yes, its not the first time we've lost at Ibrox and it certainly won't be the last, but a 1000 folks dug into their wallets to go to Ibrox, some perhaps taking time off work into the bargain, and backed the team from start to finish. The players were getting paid for playing shyte !!!!!

Whether they live at the end of Manse Road or in Texas or in Oz or in Cyprus, or in Thailand, or in Timbuckfukkintu, every Well fan should be cherished by the Club. Without the Fans we have no MFC. I took the best part of 2 weeks off work, and spent allmost £1500 going to 2 CL games and Ross County, not because I'm a Champion Fan but because I was lucky enough to be able to. The team got my backing for every minute of those 3 matches and I didn't even see us score.

Whither there's 400 or 4000 Dossers there tomorrow, you better be fuckin bothered that they back the team Stuart. :angry:

• Like 2

I actually like Stuart McCall, as a player and now our manager, but if that's his attitude going into tomorrow he might as well pack his bags and go back to Yorkshire right now.

If you watch his interview on MFC TV his answer was much longer and he didn't say he's not bothered.

I haven't seen/heard the interview weeyin. You'll notice I've quoted Milo's post and am replying to that.

Aye, I guessed that. He gave a long, multi-point answer to a question, talking about wanting better results against the OF, how hard the players work etc. It wasn't a case of "Are you worried the fans are upset? No, I don't care" !

well it's another game against the old scum and part from putting up with there arsehole bigoted supports official who are doing their best to insure the scum go home happy I'll be looking forward to watch the well play at home as for the result these games don't count unless we win ;)

Seriously hope McCall changes things tomorrow , as the combination of players underperforming or playing out of position is going to see us go down to a potentially heavy defeat .

Hateley to full back , and Humphrey to the bench would be my first two changes .

We are the home team , and as such should take the game to the opposition . Lesser teams than us have adopted this approach and gained points against them , so why shouldn't we ?

At them from the start at a decent tempo , don't let them settle and be decisive in final third , as central defence is still their weak point .

Players owe themselves a performance as much as the fans for the sake of their professional pride , tomorrow wouldn't be too shabby a time to give it .

• Like 1

I'm not sure about bringing Ramsden in at centre half. I would move kerr into centre half along wi hutch. Maybe give ramsden a go in the midfield to try and toughen us up in there.

Randolph

Hateley. Hutch Kerr. Hammell

Ramsden. Lasley. Law

Ojammaa. Murphy

Higdon

From what I've seen of carswell I'd like to see him be slot in to the starting 11. Replace Kerr with ramsden at CB and carswell into midfield

Theres a close up of me with ma crutches when Kirkie scores the first, thought it was great till I got to work on the Monday and got the "football doesn't pay yer mortgage son" talk off ma boss (broke my ankle playing football and was off for a whole 2 days to let the stookie dry!)

During the same game Frank McAvennie was lying injured in front of me, I passed him over one of the crutches n asked if he wanted a loan of it to which he replied "f**k off ya fat bast**d (imagine the voice!!)" lol

:laugh:

Wellfan - you keep your head in the sand then. If you think McCall wasn't culpable you haven't a clue.

Dave - Tremendous banter. One wrong or two wrong it doesn't matter a jot. The team lineup was wrong.

He was culpable....

For thinking Hammell could realise danger in and around the box....

For thinking Hutchinson had the basic ability of a defender in being able to mark a player....

For thinking between one of them, 7 players could maybe mark one player

What was you choice team for during the week? What was you team for today?

He picked the wrong team? No, he might have had a few players that were questionable, but the fact of the matter was it was the players (those every man and his dog on this site seems to wank over) that cost us the game on Wednesday, and the goals last Sunday....

For me today is as much about attitude and performance as result.

On paper they have the players with the ability to rape us however like most of that type of player they don't cope as well with being harrased and harried at every opportunity.

Get in their faces swarm defenders around their key players and we might just get away with it, do our normal zonal marking strand off and give them space and time on the ball and we're stuffed.

GET INTAE THEM, GET INTAE THEM, GET INTAE THEM

Great post Pie

The players have a great chance to turn this around. Like Diggle said , it's more about the performance / attitude rather than the result

Having said that , it's a great chance to put a bigger gap between us and this lot ..... Hmmm

Have to get that dumpling Kerr as far away from the team as possible, Hateley back to right back, Ramsden in for Cummins, Law into the middle and Murphy on the left. Ideally would drop Humphrey for this game as he always struggles when up against anything other than an awful full back but when you consider all we really have to bring in is Omar Daley I'd just leave him where he is.

Motherwell 0-2 Celtic

• Like 1