Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

I am a big fan of over reacting and do it often. I find it one of the real indulgent pleasures of being a football fan but even for me the suggestion that McCall may now walk is a step to far. We almost came away from a erdeem with 3 PTA last wk. If we had we wld still be sitting top of the league this eve. It can be a fine line between a good week and a poor wk.

I still think that McCall is doing a good job. I understand the frustration about not replacing Jennings but the money is not available to replace a player of his quality.

Mccall's standing amongst the well fans reminds me of strachan and Celtic. No matter what it will never be good enough.

I am as gutted about this wk as the NSF guy but there has to be some perspective.

Just to be clear, my hunch that McCall will not sign a new contract is nothing to do with the past week. I just have my doubts that he'll have the desire or ability to build a squad from scratch in the summer. After getting his fingers burnt at Bradford, I think he'll know when it's time to move on.

There is money to replace Jennings, sadly we missed out on any decent signings due to a lack of planning while the sevco saga unfolded.

Mind that time Celtic came to Fir Park and beat us 7-1? Well we played a helluva lot better that night than we did today.

We are utterly spineless whenever it comes to opposition who have any sort of quality about them and that is down to the manager, whether folk like that or not.

Shocking performance today but more alarming was the way the team was set up and the complete lack of organisation, belief and fight - this starts and ends with the manager.

Defence was poor - Cummings isn't any better than Page and any game Page played he never let us down, was outstanding in Valencia and gets put on loan to Accies! Ramsden looked out of place and as slow as he did at the Ayr Utd game. One man up front at home completely isolated when we are top of the league is appauling. If you don't attack you won't score and if you don't believe you won't win.

It seems McCall has some real favourites that can do no wrong and some others that he will never play in their natural position. We were beaten on wednesday night and today before we went on the pitch. I would rather see us have a go and get pumped than not have a go and get pumped.

Surely to f*ck that must be the last we see of Chris Humphrey for a long while - no heart and thick as f*ck!!

Heard McCall say on the radio after the game we pressed to high up the park - he must be deluded

I try my best not to criticise, I really do, but by fuck I'm struggling after the last 180minutes that I've had the 'pleasure' of witnessing.

Where to start, deary me.....

Couldn't believe the team lineup when I heard it. I like Cummins, big brave laddie, but he had a horror show at Ibrox and should have sat out today, what did we get? An even bigger horror show from him today that will really have fucked his confidence no end...what surprised me even more was that Eliphas Shiv...sorry Chris Humphrey managed to retain his place, those that say Gannon had an eye for a player obviously have a blind spot where this guy is concerned as he is an imposter of a winger, who was shiting himself at Ibrox and it was obvious again from kick off that he wasn't going to get the better of their greasy full back......

RandolphHateley Ramsden hutch HammellLaw Carswell Lasley Murphy OjamaHigdon

This is how I'd have started today....

Ramsden and Hutch at the centre of defence and our two best full backs, playing at full back. The jury is out on ZFA for me, I thought it was a strange game to pitch another youngster into, and. I thought the boy looked very nervous, almost gifting them a goal in the opening minutes, he was rather hasty in his distribution at times as well, if he is to be Hammells successor, fair enough but for me today wasn't the day to test him out.

McCall hasn't filled the void left by Jenno, and by fuck I wish he was playing today. Hateley isn't the answer, Ramsden to me isn't the answer in there either.... In my opinion, Mccall should have either signed a midfielder or put his faith in either Carswell or Hetherington, as they are the only central midfielders in our entire squad, a tight three of Carswell, Lasley and Law seems to me to be our best option.

I'm not Ojamas biggest fan, due to the fact that I think he is a greedy wee fucker, buy I'd have him on the field before Humphrey every day of the week.

As for the tactics.....

Couldn't make head nor tail of them at times, Hateley seemed to be man marking whoever was playing on their left hand side, and was getting pulled all over the place, resulting in hutch getting pulled out to right back, leaving a gaping hole in the middle of our defence, which we were exposed on time and again by Smellic. The other thing that was getting on my tits, and has done for a while now, was the distance between Higdon and any other c**t in an amber top, there were times where he was holding the ball up with no support around him at all.

Overall at was another pish showing from us, with highly questionable tactics, starting line up, will to win, know how to win and it highlighted our deficiencies and weaknesses in the most obvious of ways. The goals we lost were pish, Celtic didn't get out of 3rd gear, we didn't have a shot on target that I can remember.

Thank the Lord for Darren Randolph, I have no idea how he managed to keep it down to 2goals.

• Like 1

Tin Hat on....

Disappointed to lose today and certainly I Q why for example OJamma was dropped after his last 2 SPL performances. Which were streets ahead of Murphy

That said the comments on some posts on this thread are unbelievable. Talk of wishing McCall away FFS. Try being a DDee Utd or Hearts supporter this evening. Both teams with bigger busgest than us horsed by teams they should be beating. we on the other hand lose to a team whose players earn more in a year than our entire team.

We are still 2nd top and unbeaten v rest of SPL.

FACT - McCall is doing an excellent job with the resources he has to play with.

I hope he does not read this forum. fuck knows how or why he would put up with this crap.

Here is a thought - how about getting a sense of perspective and supporting your team on this forum. I exclude MJC from this - because he would want McCall out even if we won the SPL and Champions League in the same season.

• Like 1

One of my major problems with McCall tactically in the bigger games is that he seems to try and work his tactis around trying to stop the other team and not around trying to win the game.

Today was clear he wanted to stop Celtic abd try and win not win the game with our abilities, same with the Pana game and a few of the bigger games in his tenure.

Meh. That was pish, but we got off lightly. Wish I hadn't bothered driving the 160 miles spending 3 hours in the car when the full team decided they weren't going to show up....again.

We all wanted a reaction from Wednesday and we certainly didn't get one. That is the most worrying thing about today. Humphrey and Cummins inexplicably start and contributed hee haw in a bizarre formation and once again only Randolph can hold his head high.

I was more annoyed after Pittodrie last Sunday than today to be honest as the expectation I have or us playing Celtic at Fir Park now ammounts to hopefully not getting involved in any altercations before or after the game with the travelling persecuted mhankies. I am saving my full annoyance for a rudderless Utd walking away with points next Saturday.

Today is just another in a long line of shite gutless couldnaegiveafuck performances against the Old Firm.

This was another poor performance and the 2-0 score line flatters us. Lets be honest this could and probably should have been at least 5 or 6. We are what we are and I will be happy if we can at least stay in the top 6 at the end of the season.

As for Celtic they will have the league sewn up by the end of January.

Ramsden and Hutch at the centre of defence and our two best full backs, playing at full back. The jury is out on ZFA for me, I thought it was a strange game to pitch another youngster into, and. I thought the boy looked very nervous, almost gifting them a goal in the opening minutes, he was rather hasty in his distribution at times as well, if he is to be Hammells successor, fair enough but for me today wasn't the day to test him out.

Hammell was injured..

Randolph

Hateley

ZFA

Higdon

Hutch

I thought they all had a good game with big Randy MOTM.

The rest of the team looked out of there depth.

Having said that the team played slightly better today.

Humph and Cummings deary me.

Celtic could only play the long ball over the top most of the game and if we didn't score for them it may have stayed one nil...

Honest to fuk il have some of what you are smoking are you mental, what game did you see as only Randolph got pass marks and it may have stayed one nil is truly laughable. Make no mistake it was only poor finishing and fine goalkeeping that stopped this being a cricket score (Celtic shots 18,12 on target with a 62% possession). As for the long ball did you actually watch Forrest and brown drive a double decker right through our defence today?

Motherwell 3 shots 0 on target.

Mind you i think Mccall has had some of the same stuff as "The one thing from us is that we stuck at it." baffles the fuck out of me stuck at what exactly cos the score doesn't reflect the mauling we got on the park today.

• Like 1

Tin Hat on....

Disappointed to lose today and certainly I Q why for example OJamma was dropped after his last 2 SPL performances. Which were streets ahead of Murphy

That said the comments on some posts on this thread are unbelievable. Talk of wishing McCall away FFS. Try being a DDee Utd or Hearts supporter this evening. Both teams with bigger busgest than us horsed by teams they should be beating. we on the other hand lose to a team whose players earn more in a year than our entire team.

We are still 2nd top and unbeaten v rest of SPL.

FACT - McCall is doing an excellent job with the resources he has to play with.

I hope he does not read this forum. fuck knows how or why he would put up with this crap.

Here is a thought - how about getting a sense of perspective and supporting your team on this forum. I exclude MJC from this - because he would want McCall out even if we won the SPL and Champions League in the same season.

Can I have some of th drugs you are on when I watch our next game, they are brilliant if thats what you are seeing and thinking..:fool:

Honest to fuk il have some of what you are smoking are you mental, what game did you see as only Randolph got pass marks and it may have stayed one nil is truly laughable. Make no mistake it was only poor finishing and fine goalkeeping that stopped this being a cricket score (Celtic shots 18,12 on target with a 62% possession). As for the long ball did you actually watch Forrest and brown drive a double decker right through our defence today?

Motherwell 3 shots 0 on target.

Mind you i think Mccall has had some of the same stuff as "The one thing from us is that we stuck at it." baffles the fuck out of me stuck at what exactly cos the score doesn't reflect the mauling we got on the park today.

Fair enough, but had it only been 1-0 at half time, even McCall might have had a bit more belief. And most of the pumping happened when we had just 10 men.

Mind that time Celtic came to Fir Park and beat us 7-1? Well we played a helluva lot better that night than we did today.

We are utterly spineless whenever it comes to opposition who have any sort of quality about them and that is down to the manager, whether folk like that or not.

Gawd when was that i mind strathclyde finest asking me if i was going home when it reached 5 :whistling:

Fair enough, but had it only been 1-0 at half time, even McCall might have had a bit more belief. And most of the pumping happened when we had just 10 men.

Difference of opinions i guess i thought we were being run ragged and pulled all over the place before that. Whats pissing me off most is Mccall Lauding them up when i think they disposed of us without really going for it, a good celtic performance but some of their finishing was terrible. They will need to finish better in the CLgames that's for sure.

After watching Randolph saving us from complete humiliation today , I dread to think what could happen if he leaves as expected in January , and future games against that mob pan out in a similar vein as today's .

I like Hollis and think he is a decent deputy for the big man , but had it been him or anyone else between the sticks this afternoon it could have been so much worse .

Randolph will move on to much bigger things very soon with our best wishes , but his departure may cost us more in points than we are ever going to gain for him financially

A minor miracle that somehow managed to escape with just a two goal defeat. On another day our positive goal difference from pre-match could easily have been wiped out.

I thought we started pretty well but even before they got close to full stride Celtic were already forcing great saves from Randolph.

For a wee short while there was the potential for it to be "one of those days" for Celtic as they passed up more and more chances so it was frustrating that we were very much culpable for the two they did score.

Randolph's save from the penalty was in keeping with as good a performance as he'll probably have at Fir Park - the polar opposite to that of Adam Cummins who will probably struggle to have as a bad an afternoon.

I think he Adam the makings of a half decent player at least but he's light years away from the finished article however and I hope when the disappointment of today eases he can use this bitter experience as a learning curve for the future.

A growing concern is yet another red card. Our disciplinary record has nose-dived dramatically in the last 18 months or so. It was interesting to hear Leeann Dempster talk before the game that she hoped we were able to keep a fully fit squad to help us replicate last season's success. Surely suspensions to have go hand in hand with that whilst we've had our fair share of controversial ones, we are shooting ourselves in the foot in that regard by the frequency our players are put in positions where they are left in situations like Cummins today.

Positives? Randolph, Francis-Angol, it was a Saturday 3pm and we'll probably have made from it than we would do with a stupid o'clock kick-off and lastly we don't have to play the fucking Old Firm until December at least!

I'd want to be the keeper replacing the keeper who replaced Randolph.

Filling those gloves is going to be some doing. Ruddy was brilliant for a season. Randolph has been outstanding, and better for us than Ruddy imo, for two and a bit.

To replace Randolph is going to be some ask. I'd say Hollis has an excellent chance of being that man.

I'm as disappointed as anyone but christ almighty I think some folk are overreacting a bit blink.gif

Isn't that what makes forums great everyone knows better than the other and their opinion is the only one that counts. Take it for what it is just a forum and unlike being pissed and ranting down the pub its still there when sober :blush: and not forgotten about.

I had a major strop after the rangers game due to disappointment and having no sleep after a night shift, but still went today like an addict hoping for that one hit of pleasure. Didn't get it this week but will go looking for it against Utd. Sometimes people just need to blow off some steam.