Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

With us not due to play Celtic again in the league until 2013 we can hopefully push on and continue our fine league form.

Putting the past week to bed, we managed to get a point from Pittodrie last weekend, which isn't too bad. A win against United, who got hammered by Inverness, should put us back on track.

I'd be looking to bring Hammell back in if he's fit, and putting Ojamaa up front with Higdon, moving Murphy out to the wing and giving Humphrey a rest.

I'm still not overly convinced by Fraser Kerr if I'm honest,and would love to see Hatelely reclaim that full-back slot.

Agree with that post it's amazing how the fans can see whose struggling yet McCall doesn't. Lets get back on track next week with Ramsden back in beside Hutchie too as the awfull Cummins is suspended. I think we'll do it with a 3-1 win to get us all smiling again. :thumbup:

Hateley will likely be at Central Midfield again.... with Ramsden going to Centre Back to partner Hutchinson.

Get Ojamaa on for Murphy.

4-1 us.... (Higdon x2, Hutchinson and Murphy late on). They'll score from a corner or a cross when our centre backs forget to mark again...

Good to see the boo boys have picked their new victim. Step forward Cummins. Forget that most of our goals conceded haven't been due to him but hey ho!

Hateley will likely be at Central Midfield again.... with Ramsden going to Centre Back to partner Hutchinson.

Get Ojamaa on for Murphy.

4-1 us.... (Higdon x2, Hutchinson and Murphy late on). They'll score from a corner or a cross when our centre backs forget to mark again...

Good to see the boo boys have picked their new victim. Step forward Cummins. Forget that most of our goals conceded haven't been due to him but hey ho!

. Spot on ,,and its so unjust because the whole team apart from Randolph have been equally shite

He's not to blame for every goal but in last week I'd say he cost us 3 so being banned means he gets the rest he should have been given today.

Thought it interesting that McCall put Kerr to centre half and Ramsden at right back in second half ..... Pointer to next week?

Our defence is terrible at the minute, we really miss a Craigan/Clancy organising and talking at the back. I know I'll get stick from the Hutch lovers on here but Hutchinson has been fucking dire for the most part of this season and was caught out several times again today and could have had a third red card of the season(I was surprised he wasn't sent off to be honest considering who we were playing). I've never been as big a fan as some on here and have always seen him as rash and prone to errors, has this been exposed more without an experienced centre half next to him? Does he need an older head to hold his hand and talk him through games? Cause he's cenrtainly dropped his level of performance from last season if you ask me. I'd have had Ramsden next to him from the start today as Cummins had a shocker in midweek and sadly had another again today. Red card, own goal and poor all round distribution. Hutchinson wasn't much better and the two of them were caught out by the same ball over the top time and time again it was infuriating. Hopefully Hammell's back next week and we can get ...

Hateley--Hutchinson----Ramsden---Hammell

Out infront of Randolph who deserves better protection than he got today, big man was immense. I'm all for giving kids a chance but we haven't kept a cleansheet since the opening day. Back to basics, get the older heads at the back and build from there.

Then going forward, Ojamaa MUST start. He improves Higdon's game tenfold just purely by offering support to the big man with his running and movement. He might be greedy at times but as I've said at least he doesn't shirk responsibility and if he had been playing today we might have seen a fucking shot at goal. Shocking that McCall dropped him after the last few games yet kept Humphrey in. Humph to the bench, if I see him move out the way of another tackle I don't hold myself responsible for my actions. Would consider starting Carswell as we could do with some more energy and somebody to get stuck in. Far too many gaps today that needed filled(Jenno anyone?) where Celtic had too much space and time to pick their pass.

To be honest apart from Randolph nobody should be certain of a start next week. If McCall want's us to forget these last few games he better boot a few arses as certain players haven't kicked a ball this week so should be fairly fresh. I'd take a cleansheet as I'd fancy to score at least once against United's defence.

Well 4 Europe makes the same point above as I and several others have made previously in that big Hutch needs an older head in beside him to help calm things when we are under pressure , as although been in the first team for a long time now , the added responsibility of him trying to guide Cummins through games definitely seems to be having an adverse effect .

The only option we have is Ramsden , so its a case of going with them as a pairing and hope they forge a good understanding with each other and bring some stability to our back line .

We have been conceding an alarming amount of soft goals lately , and serious work needs to be done on the training pitch to stop that trend continuing against Johnny Russell and co next week

I assumed that Steve Hammell had been dropped. Thought ZFA did enough to deserve another chance next week.

Hammell looked injured at Ibrox, seems to have been struggling since pre-season with knocks and strains. ZFA was fun to watch today but he reminds me of Gary Neville's description of David Luiz.

If he were to continue at left back just now I reckon he'd be heading for a nightmare of Adam Cummins proportions. I wouldn't be averse to him playing in front of Hammell though.

• Like 1

Hammell looked injured at Ibrox, seems to have been struggling since pre-season with knocks and strains. ZFA was fun to watch today but he reminds me of Gary Neville's description of David Luiz.

If he were to continue at left back just now I reckon he'd be heading for a nightmare of Adam Cummins proportions. I wouldn't be averse to him playing in front of Hammell though.

In my view he's no worse than Stevie Hammell, is faster and is a slightly better defender - it would be very harsh to drop him.

Our defence is terrible at the minute, we really miss a Craigan/Clancy organising and talking at the back. I know I'll get stick from the Hutch lovers on here but Hutchinson has been fucking dire for the most part of this season and was caught out several times again today and could have had a third red card of the season(I was surprised he wasn't sent off to be honest considering who we were playing).

sent off even though he only committed a single soft foul in 90 minutes? what game were you watching.

he was caught out at the first goal but tour genius manager has to take the blame for that due to having hateley chase commons around the park rather than keep a tight back 4. the 15 minutes in the second half we played without a right back were beyond belief.

Then going forward, Ojamaa MUST start. He improves Higdon's game tenfold just purely by offering support to the big man with his running and movement. He might be greedy at times but as I've said at least he doesn't shirk responsibility and if he had been playing today we might have seen a fucking shot at goal. Shocking that McCall dropped him after the last few games yet kept Humphrey in. Humph to the bench, if I see him move out the way of another tackle I don't hold myself responsible for my actions. Would consider starting Carswell as we could do with some more energy and somebody to get stuck in. Far too many gaps today that needed filled(Jenno anyone?) where Celtic had too much space and time to pick their pass.

ojamma plays football like an autistic ten year old.

he must have been on a serious course of peds to make the impact he did in january. now he is nowhere near as sharp and the entire league has figured out that he can't use his left foot and can only turn one way zoolander style.

he is destined to be known as the estonian ross forbes.

• Like 2

sent off even though he only committed a single soft foul in 90 minutes? what game were you watching.

he was caught out at the first goal but tour genius manager has to take the blame for that due to having hateley chase commons around the park rather than keep a tight back 4. the 15 minutes in the second half we played without a right back were beyond belief.

He's made several mistakes today and took out Commons again today when he was running towards goal. Fortunately someone must have been covering his arse to avoid his third red card this season. He then gifted the opposition's main threat another golden chance as he did on Wednesday to give them the lead. Blame McCall for misjudging a high ball? Nah that was all Hutch's own doing, just like losing McCulloch for the opener on Wednesday. Or was that McCall's fault as well?

ojamma plays football like an autistic ten year old.

he must have been on a serious course of peds to make the impact he did in january. now he is nowhere near as sharp and the entire league has figured out that he can't use his left foot and can only turn one way zoolander style.

he is destined to be known as the estonian ross forbes.

:lol:

Yet Jamie Murphy can do no wrong in your eyes? Seriously are you banging Murphy? Why is he exempt from criticism from you? If it's Higdon or Ojamaa you can't wait to stick the boot in yet wee Murph seems to be the golden boy in your eyes.

Yet Jamie Murphy can do no wrong in your eyes? Seriously are you banging Murphy? Why is he exempt from criticism from you? If it's Higdon or Ojamaa you can't wait to stick the boot in yet wee Murph seems to be the golden boy in your eyes.

i think jamie has near enough given up on his motherwell career.

i can't blame him though, if your sitting on the bench watching humphrey, daley and ojamma masquerade as footballers then it's going to drag you down. i know for a fact that humphrey isn't rated by a few of his team mates and i imagine that ojamma will be the same.

i think jamie has near enough given up on his motherwell career.

i can't blame him though, if your sitting on the bench watching humphrey, daley and ojamma masquerade as footballers then it's going to drag you down. i know for a fact that humphrey isn't rated by a few of his team mates and i imagine that ojamma will be the same.

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro-262x300.jpg

• Like 1

Which players and who asked? Let me give you an example.

I have publically overhead a Motherwell manager badly criticise a player to a fan when that person was still at the Club.

Jim Gannon - Yassin Moutawhatshisname.

Some would suggest to disclose such info without following through with the story is a poor show or likely not true. If it is due to being of a sensitive nature or would be a breach of confidence then you really shouldn't have said anything in the first place.