Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

Wheyhay ! The club are offering a full refund to anyone with a ticket/voucher. That will be good news for the United fan i saw going past Taggarts with 10 tickets in his grubby wee hands . Minted. Bad mistake MFC should have kept it to replacement ticket only ....refund could cost us a lot more money :wallbash:

We certainly can't blame the club for the power failure. However, we learnt of the cancellation by means of a text message from someone in Dundee. United fans were told by their players the game had been called off but we had to wait for an announcement. Voucher distribution was a bit shambolic with some season ticket holders being given multiple ones and some like me none.

Overall the club is blameless but the handling of the admittedly difficult situation could have been a bit slicker.

Nothing to do with the club, thats fine.

Where is the major work being carried out, and surely they musta known there was a chance things coulda went tits up, while theres a game on at Fir Park?!

THIS

A world away from BP and the Gulf of Mexico, but someone at Scottish Power or whatever company screwed up.

Reading an earlier post someone said there was a text sent talking about maintanence work being carried out. Perhaps the good people at Scottish Power (if they are to blame) can reimburse the club and me for my bloody petrol from Edinburgh and any other fan who came from afar :dash2:

• Like 2

THIS

A world away from BP and the Gulf of Mexico, but someone at Scottish Power or whatever company screwed up.

Reading an earlier post someone said there was a text sent talking about maintanence work being carried out. Perhaps the good people at Scottish Power (if they are to blame) can reimburse the club and me for my bloody petrol from Edinburgh and any other fan who came from afar :dash2:

Would Scottish Power reimburse the club?

Any lawyers here? and I don't mean barrack room lawyers.

I agree with sailor_h's comment about buses

Im glad the club have gave out Match Abandoned Tickets and offering refunds for those who cannot make it. In my eyes, theres nothing more the club can offer in that way. However, if you were a Unt fan, you've paid fuel and buses to come to todays match. I personally feel we should do what Ross County done and offer free supporter bus services to Unt fans, to encourage a larger away support, as well as showing sympathy.

We certainly can't blame the club for the power failure. However, we learnt of the cancellation by means of a text message from someone in Dundee. United fans were told by their players the game had been called off but we had to wait for an announcement. Voucher distribution was a bit shambolic with some season ticket holders being given multiple ones and some like me none.

Overall the club is blameless but the handling of the admittedly difficult situation could have been a bit slicker.

To be fair, the whole thing was sorted out fairly quickly. I was in my car, on Adele Street, before half three.

Motherwell Chief Executive Leeann Dempster explains events behind today's abandoned match with Dundee United.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCBzimfLrxk

It is great of Leeann to go on camera and explain what went wrong so soon after the event. She obviously has a lot on at the moment with this, dealing with contract extentions and apparently going shopping with Craig Levein for terrible sunglasses.

• Like 1

Would Scottish Power reimburse the club?

Any lawyers here? and I don't mean barrack room lawyers.

I'll be most surprised if there aren't exclusion clauses in the supply contract.

They have apologised for "any inconvenience caused" and I reckon thats as much as disadvantaged customers can expect and probably more than they are legally entitled to.

Blame can certainly not be attached to Motherwell FC if Scottish Power have powered down the grid, but surely to fuck Motherwell should have known about the potential for it to happen? If not, then Scottish Power should be reimbursing MFC for the inconvenience.

MJC is right about one thing though, Fir Park is a shit hole and sooner rather than later the POD and East stands won't have a safety certificate in place leaving only the Cooper and South Stands open. That's unless MFC spend millions of £££ redeveloping the two of them of course...

Disappointed the game was called off yesterday. I walked into the ground in one of those rare moods that we were about to dish out a hiding to the other team.

Nothing the club could do about a power cut in the area though.

Just unfortunate that by the time the re-arranged game takes place, Utd will probably be in better form and have GMS back.

Blame can certainly not be attached to Motherwell FC if Scottish Power have powered down the grid, but surely to fuck Motherwell should have known about the potential for it to happen? If not, then Scottish Power should be reimbursing MFC for the inconvenience.

MJC is right about one thing though, Fir Park is a shit hole and sooner rather than later the POD and East stands won't have a safety certificate in place leaving only the Cooper and South Stands open. That's unless MFC spend millions of £££ redeveloping the two of them of course...

I remember we had pages of rebuilding Fir Park but I couldn't find it...found this though

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=11219&st=0

Don't know if it's an issue anyone has brought up, but you can get a full refund with a match abandoned voucher? Think this may well end up costing the club quite a bit of cash, going by the Utd fans walking up the street with wads of the vouchers. I picked up a voucher on the way out before being told season ticket holders didn't need one as ST's will be valid for the rearranged game. How many others will have taken a voucher despite having a season ticket, and what's to stop them going for a refund then using their ST for the rearranged game?