Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

Does not surprise me in the slightest that the club have made an arse of it to be honest ,

Another factor is how will people that are season ticket holders feel when they are told that they are not allowed entry into the game without a voucher through no fault of there own ( as the stewards said they didnt need one ) when Joe Bloggs who walked out of the stand(s) with a handfull of them ?

Can see a situation with a lot of unhappy season ticket holders arguing with stewards, police and turnstyle operators on the night and could be a bit of an embarresment for the club.

Get it sorted Motherwell and use common sence with the special vouchers on the books for entry for season ticket holders as maybe just maybe it will piss a few folk off and they will not renew them next season and as they are the core supporters ( dont mean that to be offensive to PATG customers btw )

JT.

..........as maybe just maybe it will piss a few folk off and they will not renew them next season and as they are the core supporters ( dont mean that to be offensive to PATG customers btw )

JT.

Which could happen. No way should ANY season ticket holder have to pay into this match......unless of course they want to.

I'm pretty sure that everyone will be accomodated however it will be harder for some due to work, where they live, etc. Harder than it needs to be imo.

My old man didn't attend through ill health, he just rolls up and uses voucher #7?

If you take the club statement on the official literally then no he cant, but that's what umpteen people have been trying to clarify with the club with as yet no success.

My old man didn't attend through ill health, he just rolls up and uses voucher #7?

Fuck knows. I'm in a similar position as I hadn't made it inside the ground before it was abandoned. There surely isn't any logical reason why the ST voucher from the match couldn't be used?!

As mentioned though, the official statement suggests that I'll need to get to Fir Park at some point to get a ticket for a game I already have a ST match voucher for. You're faither will need to do the same.

I've Tweeted the club for clarification.

Updated article on the website confirming what we've been discussing.

Fans in possession of a ‘Match Abandoned’ voucher will use it to enter the re-arranged match on Wednesday 7th November or, if you are unable to attend, to receive a full refund.

Entry for this game will be by Match Abandoned Voucher only, pay at the turnstiles or by tickets purchased at the ticket office.

2012/13 season ticket holders who did not take a voucher will gain entry but only by contacting the club prior to the match and, ideally, not on the day of the game as the ticket office will obviously be very busy as no voucher from Season Ticket will be used

Anyone seeking a refund should contact Motherwell Ticket Office Manager Wendy MacFarlane direct by close of business on Friday 19th October 2012.

No refunds will be given after this date unless unusual or extraordinary circumstances.

Contact details are:

Telephone: 01698 333333 (ext 212)

Email: wendy.macfarlane@motherwellfc.co.uk

Not one word of explanation / justification or acknowledgement of the confusion caused by the stewards.

Three days later we're looking for season ticket holders to pay in to the Team 12 game. You can see where that goodwill gesture will go.

If this is the case, and it seems to be, then the ticket office staff will be put under avoidable pressure, when they should be concentrating on other matters. Presumably too tickets will have to be posted out to season ticket holders resulting in unnecessary expense?

Updated article on the website confirming what we've been discussing.

Not one word of explanation / justification or acknowledgement of the confusion caused by the stewards.

Three days later we're looking for season ticket holders to pay in to the Team 12 game. You can see where that goodwill gesture will go.

They are feckin amateurs, it never ceases to amaze me how they can take a simple process and turn it into a organizational shambles. You buy a season book so that you dont need to go to Fir park and pick up tickets etc and now they want all the season book holders to do that !!! What the F*ck are the vouchers in the season book for, we never had any of this nonsense for the rearranged Hibs game last season, turn up use voucher and get it, how difficult does it need to be.

They have been bleating on all summer about greater support from the fans to increase revenue at the turnstyles etc and then the 1st chance they get they are pissing off the season ticket holders by nonsense like this, they need to be having a look at themselves and sorting this crap out now.

• Like 1

I can understand why they feel the need to do this.

Some folk would be looking for a refund with their match abandoned voucher, AND attend the game with season ticket voucher.

Those who bring a pal aren't a massive problem, especially if the pal is only coming as its free.

But given how obviously unclear the instructions were on the day, the relatively small amount of people who are likely to pull this scam, the work and hassle, not to mention bad feeling it will cause for the club, it's maybe just a hit they should take, in the hope that given how supportive fans have been over the last few months after the appeals in the summer, I can't see many trying to scam them out of 20 quid anyway.

If this was the plan all along it should have been made much clearer at the time.

It's probably more likely they know they gave out 6000 match abandoned vouchers, when only 5000 were in the ground, only 2000 of which paid in, so have invented this plan as they are

A) shitting themselves they get scammed out of £20 a few thousand times

B) wrongly assuming that almost all season ticket holders ignored the instruction NOT to take a voucher

C) only realised later on that they'd have to offer refunds (whether that be a legal or ethical decision)

2 things;

If you were unable to attend the first match, and therefore are still in possession of the voucher used that day (5 I think) then you CAN enter the rearranged match using the original voucher. Or at least that is what Yir Elder was told.

If the point of this is to avoid season ticket holders being able to pick up a match abandoned voucher(s) and then give them away and enter using their season ticket, then by giving every season ticket holder another ticket they have negated that!!

And, we only have until Friday to arrange this?

See I was thinking of missing it as a matter of principle but what would that achieve?

They have my money, therefore they couldn't give a shit. I think we should all contact the club on the day of the game to arrange tickets.

You could as a point of principal get your money back even if you have a season.

:lol:

If you were unable to attend the first match, and therefore are still in possession of the voucher used that day (5 I think) then you CAN enter the rearranged match using the original voucher. Or at least that is what Yir Elder was told.

That very well might be the case but it's not what the statement on the official site says.

Morning All,

There are some points that the club require to clear up for some supporters. I have read the comments on forums and I have been emailed or contacted on twitter asking the same questions or indeed accusing the club or mishandling the situation.

The protocol is:

If we have a match abandonment situation, our first and most important decision is to decide whether it is an emergency situation or if the evacuation can be a 'controlled evacuation'. At the United game, it was clear that the match could not proceed however the situation was not an emergency one therefore we put the necessary protocols in place that allow us to issue tickets to supporters for the next game. If an emergency situation then we obviously would not do this however as a controlled exit we clearly have the opportunity to organize entry into the next match.

We are not a club that has moved towards an all ticket environment yet. Supporters gain entry into the ground via either season tickets or pay at the gate. That being the case, if we have to empty the stadium in the circumstances that we did for the United game, we do not have the luxury of differentiating season ticket holders from those who have paid at the gate for that particular game. Messages become even more confusing and supporters get delayed in their exit. It is far easier to give MA tickets to all and then deal with the relatively small number of issues we have post match than to have to try and differentiate at the point of exit who is ST holders and who paid at the gate.

This is simply not practical and to assume that this would work seamlessly is just not sensible.

The protocol is clear and has been rehearsed many times and includes what we learned from the abandoned Hibernian game of last season - that is to issue MA tickets to ALL supporters.

There were at least 3 announcements - using the police tannoy system - to advice people to get a MA ticket before they left the stadium and that season tickets would not be valid for the next game. We do know however, because some supporters have told us, a small number of stewards were not following the protocol and were advising that entry to the rearranged game would be by seasontickets.

This was not correct and caused some confusion to those who were told this. The fact remains however that the vast majority of people received vouchers and are content with arrangements. It is therefore not practical or appropriate to now change our mind and use ST books to cover the minority who were given the wrong information.

It is much easier to deal with those supporters, on a one to one basis, and this is being done by either calling the ticket office on 01698 33 33 33 or by emailing wendy.macfarlane@motherwellfc.co.uk

There is NO need to come to the ticket office in person if it not convenient for you to do so, the process can be done remotely. A call or an email stating your name and seat number or numbers if a family or group is all that we require.

Ideally ALL our stewards should have been on message, they were not and we are dealing with the security company on this. I will stress again that those stewards were very much in the minority and that the club is sensibly and quickly dealing with issues around tickets without drama or fuss, all you need to do is call us.

I get very downhearted when I read the comments on the forums - descriptions like 'shambles', the people who make such assertions have no experience of what it takes to run a football match and most likely less of what is involved in an evacuation.

Our match day is one of the best rehearsed and I would suggest currently one of the safest in the SPL. The people involved are expert at their jobs and make decisions ONLY with your safety and security in mind. Amongst the many things that have happened in recent years, they saved a supporters life last year when he took seriously unwell in the cooper stand. If that gentleman had not come to the match that night, he most likely would not be here now.

importantly the right people making the right decisions and quick intervention by our on-site paramedics with the right equipment, doing what theyare all trained to do. The same people who it would seem whose decisions are now being referred to as shambolic.

To summarise on tickets:

If you attended the game and do not have a MA ticket then let us know and we will sort for you, ideally before the day ofthe game.

Email or call Wendy at the number or address above as soon as you can and Wendy will sort.

If you are a season ticket holder who did not attend the match for any reason, or were stopped before you entered then obviously you can attend on the 7th - using the original voucher given you did not use it on the day.

I hope this helps to put into perspectivethe issues faced and decisions made. The only way to avoid this situation in future is to move to an all ticket gate. If that is the overwhelming wishes of supporters then we can look at this quicker than planned.

As ever, best regards

Leeann

• Like 5

If you are a season ticket holder who did not attend the match for any reason, or were stopped before you entered then obviously you can attend on the 7th - using the original voucher given you did not use it on the day.

This could have been a bit clearer via the official site over the last few days (as I was prevented from going into the ground by stewards as the match was already about to be abandoned), but the clarification is appreciated.