Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

I thought special vouchers were for special circumstances.

We don't really need all that wasted paper then eh?

Perhaps a slightly different issue but a good point nonetheless. I can't remember the last time I got to the end of a season and didn't find my season ticket book was still about two thirds full.

In terms of matchday experience maybe sorting the PA system should be a priority if you are making a claim of being one of the best rehearsed and safest, considering only a minority can hear the PA system.

In addition why were the match abandonment tickets issued not numbered? Surely this would be a better indication of how many tickets were distributed rather than guessing.

There were at least 3 announcements - using the police tannoy system - to advice people to get a MA ticket before they left the stadium and that season tickets would not be valid for the next game. We do know however, because some supporters have told us, a small number of stewards were not following the protocol and were advising that entry to the rearranged game would be by seasontickets.

Leeann

Just incase you weren't aware Leeann you can't make out a word that is been said in the east or cooper stand from the tannoy system (never sat in the other two stands so not sure about them)

it sounds to me like the original plan by the club was to only give patg punters vouchers but due to the number of season ticket holders that grabbed them they had to change their plan. considering the fact that the voucher is effectively a 20 quid note it would make sense that they were trying to limit how many they gave out.

I sit in the Cooper Stand and was convinced the tannoy announcement said season ticket holders didn't need to get a ticket on the way out. The stewards repeated this so I'll have to contact the club. It seems the stewards were the ones at fault. These things happen and hopefully lessons are learnt.

it sounds to me like the original plan by the club was to only give patg punters vouchers but due to the number of season ticket holders that grabbed them they had to change their plan. considering the fact that the voucher is effectively a 20 quid note it would make sense that they were trying to limit how many they gave out.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure how the system in place for the rearranged game prevents the abuse of these match abandoned vouchers.

A season ticket holder who has one or more of them, can still gain access to the game by getting a ticket sent out to them, or by going into the office. You do not need a match abandoned voucher for this, so you can still give them away or cash them in if that is your want.

Purely from the perspective of season ticket holders being able to abuse the voucher system, there's no difference between a ticket issued by the club, or a voucher from the back of your current book.

Too late for the method to be changed - for this game at least - as tickets have been issued already so folk could have 3 ways to get in if they have a MA voucher, season ticket and ticket issued by the club.

Personally, I didn't hear an announcement telling folk to pick up a voucher regardless but then I don't think many people were actively listening out for such an announcement so there was a higher noise level than probably needed for the announcements to be heard by everyone.

do you trust everyone that you dont know?

I don't trust many folk to be fair but given all the sevco/well society/armageddon chat during the summer, it wouldn't do any harm to show faith in our core support.

Sitting in the Cooper, I'm 90% sure that the tannoy announcement was for ST holders not to pick up a ticket. The club should take the small hit and move on.

I hung back until the tannoy was making the abandonment official and whilst that message came over clearly enough I certainly didn't pick up on the message that season books were not valid. As has been mentioned the system is not the best, and taking into account relatively poor acoustics with a lot of people talking to each other as they leave it is far from an ideal way to get the message across.

It was then much more clearly put across by the stewards that season ticket books were valid.

I appreciate that the club will make the effort to sort out ticketing problems for those that were left without a ticket but I don't really understand the change in protocol for dealing with a match abandonment?

I suppose the thinking is that with season ticket holders needing a MA voucher to get in then whilst there will still likely be extra tickets in circulation it should be notably less than before as approx 3000 season ticket holders in the past have been getting tickets they didn't need where as now maybe the extra tickets will be in the hundreds.

I do think that such a relatively big change in procedure would have been better off communicated to fans long before the issue of an actual abandoned match took place. Circumstances of an abandoned match are slightly hectic and miscommunication and problems are not entirely unexpected.

So full marks for efforts made to remedy individual problems, could do better in the execution and communication department. Least we all now know for the future what the score is. Maybe I underestimating those in charge, can't beat a bit of a cock up for getting maximum fan attention and this is how in future all communications will be exchanged? :)

The club should stick entry for this one at £5 for adults, £2 for students and £1 for kids or something.

Mostly everyone that would go to the game were there the first time so have a voucher or are in the process of getting one from the club.

Stick PATG at £5 and £1 and try generate some extra arses on seats, a wee bit more money and keep up the reputation we have of having these deals.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure how the system in place for the rearranged game prevents the abuse of these match abandoned vouchers.

if the number of vouchers given out matched the number of people who paid in we would be getting into the rearranged game with our season tickets.

i don't believe leeann when she says that the stewards made a mistake, it makes no sense that they would refuse season ticket holders on their own initiative and they seemed very sure of what they were doing. unless the miscommunication happened further up the command chain than they guys passing out the tickets i'm not buying it.

i think they've put a bit of faith in season ticket holders not to grab vouchers then realised that they have given out hundreds more vouchers than the number of people who paid in and went into damage limitation mode.

what i would have done is let people in with season tickets and vouchers and anyone who wants a refund has to register at fir park via email or letter then come up with photo id and proof of address to get the cash which isn't much hassle if you want your 20 quid back but is probably too much hassle for a free 20 quid for any season ticket holder who wants to rip off the club.

The club should stick entry for this one at £5 for adults, £2 for students and £1 for kids or something.

Mostly everyone that would go to the game were there the first time so have a voucher or are in the process of getting one from the club.

Stick PATG at £5 and £1 and try generate some extra arses on seats, a wee bit more money and keep up the reputation we have of having these deals.

Then everyone cashes in their vouchers and pays £5 to get in, so gets paid £15 to watch the game.

Did anybody actually hear an announcement over the tannoy that season tickets would not be valid? All I've seen so far is people saying they thought they heard the opposite and I'd be surprised if everybody misheard it.

The tannoy said that everyone should collect a match abandoned voucher.

The confusion isn't what the club announced, but apparantly what some stewards decided the procedure should be.

Would you not be a bit pee'd off if you'd come to fir park paid £23, for the game to be called off, to then have to come back on a Wednesday night and watched folk pay in for a fiver?

I don't really agree with much of what Leeann says

I totally agree with this.

There were at least 3 announcements - using the police tannoy system - to advice people to get a MA ticket before they left the stadium and that season tickets would not be valid for the next game. We do know however, because some supporters have told us, a small number of stewards were not following the protocol and were advising that entry to the rearranged game would be by seasontickets.

Small number of stewards? I think what you meant to say was "at least every steward in the East Stand" because everyone I heard said that season ticket holders did not need a voucher, which is exactly why I didn't take one. Regardless of Leeann's reply, this situation is still a farce.

• Like 1

Not restricted to the East Stand - Cooper got the same message - we were last out and the steward was adamant that Season Ticket holders did not require a voucher - what an absolute shambles wallbash.gif

I get very downhearted when I read the comments on the forums - descriptions like 'shambles', the people who make such assertions have no experience of what it takes to run a football match and most likely less of what is involved in an evacuation.

You clearly have no experience of what it takes to run a football match and most likely less of what is involved in an evacuation. (Not sure how that's relevant right enough.)

• Like 2