Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

Thank fuck it's Fir Park and not a holed cruise ship. Because if that was an evacuation, if that was a tannoy, if they were stewards and if they were meant to be loud halers (which the fuckin looney in front of the East Stand was using at EXACTLY the same time as the indecipherable tannoy) then my fellow well fans, we'd all have drowned.

When would you ever try to issue instructions with a loud haler when the headmaster from Charlie Brown was mumbling something through an old trombone through the tannoy system?

Really Leeann you usually get the point, but you're a wee bit off base with this one. IMHO of course.

If this situation arose at any other club you'd think it was a piss take; but because its motherwell you know it is serious! Honestly i worry about the future of our club if they come up with ridiculous solutions like this. Square pegs in round holes jumps to mind.

Season ticket holders should be able to gain entry using the special vouchers, stewards (especially cooper stand speaking from experience) should be informed that if this happens in future all customers should get a voucher, the club should fix the fucking tannoy so people can hear announcements clearly and those announcements should be easy to understand.

In fairness to Leeann, there was confusion amongst the stewards. On leaving the POD Stand, one steward was handing out vouchers to everyone but one standing a few feet away was not giving them to season ticket holders. There was obviously problems with the security firm and we picked that up on the day. I think the club has made the wrong call here but some folk are overreacting.

• Like 1

Whilst I get that the purpose of a Forum such as this is open discussion The Club (Leeann) have given us the official position and a remedy for the rearranged fixture, A dedicated person in the ticket office phone number and Email address not really sure what more can be done.

Agree it has all the hallmarks of a clusterfuck but we have a resolution now

You clearly have no experience of what it takes to run a football match and most likely less of what is involved in an evacuation. (Not sure how that's relevant right enough.)

I organise friendlies on Football Manager all the time and I was in a real life fire drill once.

• Like 4

I organise friendlies on Football Manager all the time and I was in a real life fire drill once.

I believe if there's a fire you keep fans in the stadium for half an hour before you tell them and you have time to separate season ticket holders and non season ticket holders, but if it might start to get dark in 3-4 hours, and you have inadequate lighting, you don't have time for any of this?

Quickly losing faith with the board. Don't exactly seem blessed with common sense.

I am posting from the MFC account as I don't have a personal one so this is my point of view rather than the clubs' in general.

Bit suprised by that comment mate.

Okay, some things don't always work (no one will ever get everything right on every occasion) and often things can happen that don't always appear right at the time but have a wee look at the big picture here.

We have:

A board that has been in post during some of the best few years in the clubs’ modern history.

A board that has delivered a platform for fan ownership – the first top-flight club in Scotland to do so prior to Dundee's promotion.

A board that has taken the clubs’ community activities to a level beyond anything else the SPL have done or recommend.

A board that has kept the club financially viable and stable in times of real hardship.

A board that has grown attendances year on year, both season tickets and PATG, by planning for the future and investing in the fans of tomorrow.

A board that when faced with the most crucial decision of recent years – Rangers SPL vote – had faith in the support and the Well Society and allowed supporters to decide.

A board that trys to be more connected and responsible to supporters than ever before and has open and frank communication over a number of platforms, including these forums.

I am sure I'll get the usual 'toeing the party line' stuff, and that's fair enough if you think that.

But if you look at some of the chaos that is happening elsewhere, I know what board I would rather have running our football club that's for sure.

Cheers,

'Flow

• Like 5

Farcical ticket arrangements as ever.

Leanne's attempt at an apology is utterly deplorable - is she suggesting at future matches we just don't acknowledge what stewards tell us? She is basically suggesting that if you are a customer of a business, you should be well versed in emergency procedures - don't think things quite work that way, if things went tits up when I was in Tesco, it's not my responsibility to know what to do.

Was pleased to see whilst queueing (possible sp) for tickets for the Levante game, instead of the age old busy procedure of one employee there to serve one customer at a time, there were two, although they continued still to serve one person at a time between them. facepalm.gif

Great post by 'Flow.

IMO

It is, but its hardly , enlightening on the shambles of the abandoned match

Or even the other disappointing silence on voting rights for the 'Well society

Club is doing well in many areas as highlighted, but how they respond to some business situations is bordering on ..........

Ps and the lack of clarity on many announcements leads to much of the over reaction from fans who do not know where they stand

• Like 1