Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

Helps build up some goodwill as well, and get some of our...less positive... fans off of the players' backs dry.gif

It does. We are still top six and I expect us to be there on Saturday night. Unless we lose out to Utd on goal difference.

I'm not in the slightest bit confident of progressing past Aberdeen in the Cup though.

I was ready for walking onto the park and executing Tom Hateley at the end of that. See the amount of possible chances we give up due to his complete fucking inability to cross a ball.

The only reason he consistently plays is because we don't have another right back available. If we did, I'd drop him. Off the South Stand. Repeatedly.

• Like 2

I was ready for walking onto the park and executing Tom Hateley at the end of that. See the amount of possible chances we give up due to his complete fucking inability to cross a ball.

The only reason he consistently plays is because we don't have another right back available. If we did, I'd drop him. Off the South Stand. Repeatedly.

Lol

Scunnered.com yet again.

That brings me to crosses and set pieces. What the fuck do they work on at training, is it even part of McCalls curriculum. In the first half we put some decent balls in from corners and had no one attacking the ball, in the second half our corners were rank rotten full stop. Free kicks from dangerous positions where really really poor and Hately either couldnt beat the first man or played it too long. Crosses from open play where also really poor and we couldnt find a player.

Positives for me I thought Murphy first 55 mins looked really dangerous running at them, then we stopped giving him the ball, Ojamma also had a decent game was really unlucky not to score, his run and strike in the first half looked in all the way. McCall then takes him off???

I think McCalls tactics at home need a major re think as teams have us sussed completely. Not hard I gues, play 5 in the middle and close us down.

Yeah agree mate...we seem clueless/hit and hope for the best

Dont think we deserved nothing from the game tonight......a wet bit unlucky not to take a point ....and possibly three

Enjoyed most of the game apart from the weather and result.

As AlmostFrazzled said though Hately has gone backwards as a player and his crossing is fucking murder not sure what he brings to the team at the moment. Humphrey is the enigma that he usually is most of the game looks like he has never played football before then pulls out some magic only for nobody to expect or be ready for the cross that he puts in. Higdon is looking even slower than usual both him and Ojamma badly need a goal.

united scored a great goal and had forced a few other good saves from randolph.

we looked good for the first hour or so then started lumping it. it's not hard to figure out why - humphrey is a passenger who does no work without the ball which means our midfield and fullbacks start tiring before the other team.

we should probably have scored a few but it's no suprise we didn't. ojaama isn't ready to play at this level, higdon let another game pass him by (5 in a row) and as mentioned humphrey was so bad he only got by brian mclean at left back once.

it all comes back to mccall not replacing jennings in the summer.

united scored a great goal and had forced a few other good saves from randolph.

we looked good for the first hour or so then started lumping it. it's not hard to figure out why - humphrey is a passenger who does no work without the ball which means our midfield and fullbacks start tiring before the other team.

we should probably have scored a few but it's no suprise we didn't. ojaama isn't ready to play at this level, higdon let another game pass him by (5 in a row) and as mentioned humphrey was so bad he only got by brian mclean at left back once.

it all comes back to mccall not replacing jennings in the summer.

I'm sure I remember McCall saying Ramsden can play midfield. I'd think about doing that with the Heid and Cummins at CB.

It would free up Law to be more creative.

Decent performance tonight. Thought we should probably have won. Definitely should not have lost. Bad luck and poor finishing cost us yet again. Thought we had a good shout for a pen as well 2nd half when Murphy was fouled on the byline. Would have been a free kick outside the box. Think Im gonna stop goin to games. I appear to be a jinx!

just watched the highlights, ojamma really unlucky both times he hit the woodwork and i think once higdon scores another one he'll go on another wee run, just looks low on confidence at the moment. awful defending from cummins for their goal, he was taken out the game completely and should never be getting beat in the air from russel as he does have a good few inches height advantage. glad we are actually creating chances though because i would be worried if we weren't as the defending is schoolboy at some points

It'll be interesting to see crowd on Saturday. Dundee at home, a game at one point fans were talking about leaving season books at home. I don't think too many, if any, will do that and Dundee will bring a poor support.

Less than 4,500.......at least better than the poor crowd last night. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the really crap weather convinced a good number of fans, home and away, to watch CL football on the TV.

I thought that we were unlucky to lose the game, however we really need to start converting some of those chances. A cliche but goals win games, and If I was McCall I would be a little concerned at our lack of them. I hope we can rectify this against the other Dundee side on Saturday.

I was furious last night, especially walking through the barras with all the Celtic fans partying like the won the Chapions League ( well done to them notworthy.gif)

Having slept on it, we were really unlucky to to score 3 or 4 last night, Higdon should have shot instead of the cut back to Murphy (great save), OJ's 2 strikes and Humphreys shot just the wrong side of the post.

With a display like that on Saturday a comfortable 3 points will be in the bag.

A hard defeat to take though !

Bit of a strange night this one, lad was playing a game at Ravenscraig so I thought we'd get to Fir Park before half time. No they decided to play 2 x 45 mins instead of the normal 35 minutes each way for U-14s. Played first hour then subbed so we thought we could still make it for last half hour but stewards at the gate wouldn't accept our tickets, just said the gates were closed and that was that. Tried Main Stand to much huffing and puffing, how hard is it just to accept some people can't fit in with their timings.

Got in eventually, wished we hadn't bothered :rolleyes:

Anyway from what I saw Las had a chance of a shot on edge of the box, elected once more not to shoot, Utd break up the park and score. Same old failings, I was actually in the middle of making that point when the cross went in towards Russell. We have chances to shoot we should take them cos our wee intricate passes around the box get us nowhere just now. I thought after the Hibs game we'd recognised that and worked on it resulting in a return to form at Perth. Not surprised in the slightest though, chance to go 2 points behind the leaders and we blow it, again.

I enjoyed what was a good open game but am obviously disappointed with the result. However with games as open as that, you'll win some and lose some and I remain hopeful for Saturday.

I'm surprised at some people being confused by the substitutions though. Utd had subs who could change things, we were limited to bringing on fresh legs. Ojamma was knackered and had fallen out of the game and Humphrey had already had cramp.

• Like 1