Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

I'm feeling much more up for this than I was for the Celtic game last weekend too. I don't think I've ever been as apathetic about a game against one of the Old Firm as I was last week.

Maybe the hurt from Ibrox was still there. Maybe its the realisation that games against Dundee Utd is likely to have a more important bearing on how we'll do over the course of the season but certainly that pre-match excitement is back today.

I'm slightly fearful that after having enjoyed a pretty good record against them at Fir Park over the last couple of seasons we've allowed them to see a wee chink in our armour on that flat afternoon at the end of last season.

I think they had it in their minds that somehow 3rd place should have rightfully been there's last season and that final game was some sort of marker for this term. Pleasingly/fortunately its not quite turned out for them as yet, although there's still bags of time for them to put a run together like they did at the business end of last season.

As for the game, I'm hopeful out lot will be itching to get back to the normal routine. It's become common place for us to be able to bounce back from Old Firm losses in the past two or three years and pick up where we've left off against fellow non-OF sides.

Don't see us being strong enough to keep a clean sheet but I do see us scoring so 2-1 Motherwell with Ojamaa amongst them with his first of the season.

Paddypower gave me a £1 free bet so I've just stuck it on Motherwell 4 - Dundee Utd 3 at 100/1.

Bit of a silly bet obviously but I see there being goals in this as there tends to be over the last few years, and both defences seem rank rotten at the moment.

Here's hoping - this season ticket holder hasn't seen us win all season (couldn't make ICT).

I think it will be an exciting game. 3-2 'Well. I can see us losing another headed goal, Daly usually nets against us so wouldnt put it past him to get another today. Fancy Ojamaa & Higdon to net today. Key player Gary Kenneth will be a big miss tho!!!!

OJ is due to score a gola or 2. Higdon will be pumed after being announced as POTM and our defence should be strengthened with Cummins out. Well to win this one.

After havng said that I think cummins will turn out to be a good player just too much to quick for him without the steadying influence of an older head like Craigan.

Blue smoke currently spreading accross from behind the floodlights at the right hand side of the cooper with a fair few yella jaikits around it. Smells like burning oil from over in the east.

EDIT:

10 minute delay just announced over the tannoy... Plenty of time to get some mash ups stuck in before kickoff!!

Blue smoke currently spreading accross from behind the floodlights at the right hand side of the cooper with a fair few yella jaikits around it. Smells like burning oil from over in the east.

EDIT:

10 minute delay just announced over the tannoy... Plenty of time to get some mash ups stuck in before kickoff!!

who burnt the pies?