Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

You should check your facts. The smoke you mention was the generator staring up.

Okay let me re-phrase that then, for the second time in less than a year we have had a game called off due to some sort of issue with the generators within the ground.

lol wrong again, you can rephrase all you want..The issue was a power cut in the general area of Fir Park which caused a power cut in the ground. This then led the generators to start up automatically (blue smoke) to provide emergency power. This power is limited to EMERGENCY lighting etc...getting through to you yet..The generators worked perfectly well. The fault lies with whatever energy supplier cut the power.

Would it?

I'm not getting the bit that for the second time in less than a year we've had a game called off due to some sort of failure which has resulted in smoke pumping out of generators.

Forgive me for being cynical, but that on top of all the other issues with FP over the years is just too much of a coincidence for it to just be 'one of those things' and I'm afraid that there are in fact some very serious failings with Fir Park as a stadium.

Do us all a favour and watch the mfctv interview with leeann dempster.

The generator worked and provided the emergency system power. The game was called off due to a grid power outage that affected wishaw general hospital amongst other places.

If you say so.

Get a grip MJC. The generator worked, emergency lighting was on in the stands, stairways, shop and key area's of the ground and they were able to announce the abandonment (eventually) over the PA. You think there was some sort of conspiracy and the power cut only took place inside Fir Park? I think @PressSport on Twitter sums it up best when they tweeted:

Power cut seems to have affected a number of areas including up at Wishaw General Hospital which puts this abandonment into perspective.

I don't think it's a 'conspiricy', I'm just extremeley worried about the condition of Fir Park.

In the last year, we've had THREE matches called off due to issues with the stadium. The Hibs game last December, then the Dunfermline game which was called off due to storm damage and now today's problems.

I'm sorry for going on like a broken record but it just seems like it's one thing after another with the ground just now. Maybe I am over reacting, but three call offs in a year for issues with the ground gives me cause for concern.

Okay let me re-phrase that then, for the second time in less than a year we have had a game called off due to some sort of issue with the generators within the ground.

Getting very sad your pathetic trolling, nothing to do with Motherwell FC or Fir Park, no power from the main grid means no game, full stop now go and fire one off into your favourite sock

• Like 1

Getting very sad your pathetic trolling, nothing to do with Motherwell FC or Fir Park, no power from the main grid means no game, full stop now go and fir one off into your favourite sock

There's no need to be so rude and crass.

I just find it concerning that we have had yet another game called off due to an issue with the stadium. Maybe I am barking up completely the wrong tree but I think it's a worry that it's happened again, less than a year since we last had a match called off for an issue with the stadium.

There are some strange folk on here!

Power outrage was a Scootish Power fault, not the clubs. The smoke WAS the generators kicking in, but as countless people have already said - they are only for emergency lighting and announcements.

There is no conspiracy to discuss - North Lodge was out....not just fir park??

Get a life, move on & give me as much negative rep as u like!!!

Even heard a few united fans talk of us not deserving to be in the SPL??? Whatever.....facts......get them right.

There's no need to be so rude and crass.

I just find it concerning that we have had yet another game called off due to an issue with the stadium. Maybe I am barking up completely the wrong tree but I think it's a worry that it's happened again, less than a year since we last had a match called off for an issue with the stadium.

FFS, what part of wasn't the club's fault today don't you get????