Paper Talk Mccall Linked With The Blackburn Job

SteelmaninOZ

The Daily Mail's assertion that Blackburn Rovers are considering replacing Steve Kean with none other than Henrik Larsson! The Swede has been at the helm of minnows Landskrona since hanging up his boots last year and his contract expires at the end of this season, meaning there would be little compensation to pay to bring him to England (there is a release clause of 65 grand, apparently), and that alone should endear him to Venky's, with the fact that he has shown a middling amount of managerial promise during his time at Landskrona being a happy bonus for employers who have never seemed too bothered about such trifles. Other names said to be in the frame for an Ewood Park circus ride are Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, Mick McCarthy, Stuart McCall, Tim Sherwood and Alex McLeish.

Aye good one :tumbleweed:

Stuart McCall is a big game manager,tactically wonderful and fearless. Id be devastated to lose him,he'd be worth a fair bit in compo if blackburn were interested but he'd be worth every penny.

Big Game manager? Tactically wonderful and Fearless? McCall?

You sir, are on drugs.

• Like 1

He is scottish in the football world.

Born in England to 2 Scottish parents makes him 100% Scottish in my book. My criteria for Scottishness/international football have always been:

a) Born in Scotland

or

b) At least one parent born is Scotland.

c) No exceptions.

But that is another thread. As far as this one in concerned I don't see any chance McCall will even be invited to talk to Blackburn, far less get offered the job.

• Like 3