Fir Park : Is It Time To Move

Spiderpig

It seems inevitable to me that it'll be a case of 'When' rather than 'If' for me.

Just down to the timing.

I'm pretty sure the club will already be weighing up factors such as the costs of maintaining Fir Park set against the costs of building a new stadium, the value of the land Fir Park sits on, prospective financial grants and potential credit terms and when those hit a particular tipping point that makes a new stadium viable then that's where we'll go.

I'm sure when the time comes it will be done sensitively as possible given there will be plenty who don't want to move ofcourse.

On an actual design I remain a bit fearful of a claret and amber New Broomfield but I do take a wee bit of heart of how the club seemed to have their eyes opened with Aalesund's set up when we played them.

Maybe any new ground could be styled on the existing Fir Park.

One stand behind the goals could be twice the size of the other, the main stand could only run three quarters the length of the pitch and in the single tier stand opposite, we could install an inaudible tannoy system and the steps could be needing painting.

:ph34r:

• Like 2

One stand behind the goals could be twice the size of the other, the main stand could only run three quarters the length of the pitch and in the single tier stand opposite, we could install an inaudible tannoy system and the steps could be needing painting.

Love it :thumbup:

Need to remember to build rivers of pish into the design!

• Like 1

Would love something like this, obviously financing it would be an issue but it would be great if the council or whatever helped out so that we had a decent community stadium in Lanarkshire Would be good to make extra revenue by having Scotland under 21's matches etc as they do at st mirren park .

STADE_cielBleu.jpg

Exactlly where is all this money going to suddenly appear from ? :search: Another well society appeal ,grant from government,sell Murphy to Arsenal for 4million quid or a massive loan from the banks ,who are just fallin over themselves to lend money to Scottish football clubs. Dont thinks so . We can fantasize all we like but there is a big feck off ressesion in full swing and no one will be buying Fir Park in the imediate future for any reason . So its make do with what we have and repair it till the money comes back into the game, if it does. At least the playing surface seems good enough now after three attempts .Anyway we cant spend money we dont have on a new stadium and expect to put a half decent team on the park. Iether or but not both.

Rebuild the east stand with a smaller capacity but really steep like tynecastle, taking up a smaller footprint allowing for more exits at the back.

Rebuild the mainstand, again quite steep so keeping close to the pitch, the offices and whatever else you can pack into a stadium can stretch out to the pavement as long as it is on 'stilts' leaving the same room for the small carpark underneath. Sorted.

...-if we had any money

Would not want to move from Fir Park for purely selfish and sentimental reasons. A lot of memories of going there for 50 years, firstly with my dad then paying 2/6 tae get in at the boys gate at the Taggarts end . Would hate to see us move to an Aifix kit stadium stuck in the middle of a barren windswept Ravenscraig site but do see the sense of having to make improvements. My ideal if we did have to move to Ravenscraig would be a decent size 'bowl' type stadium as close to Flemington side as possible so we don't lose our identity with Fir Park too much. Money as always will be the problem.

• Like 1

how about.............

reduce the capacity of the east stand in half and turn it back into terracing (safe standing areas - and i dont mean the fancy ones in germany, i mean like the good old ones like we seen at Somerset Park earlier in the season) - this can be the MFC seats

give the cooper to away fans(and encourage the away fans to bevvy in there beforehand eg, £25 is entry to the game and 2 pints/drinks) and those in the cooper and those from the east who dont want to stand can go into the south stand

when the south stand has a decent crowd it can generate a good atmosphere, turn it in our favour

let the "bois" run the roost in the east, with loads of flags at each end of the stand to add some colour (and of course everyone who does go into the east signs a disclaimer that allows smoke bombs and claret n amber flares)

the area between the east and the south should be turned into a home fan area - even if its just some sort of large gazebo. Sell food and drink at reasonable prices £2 for a burger, not £3............and if it is £3 give us some chips with it! encourage folk to come along, its another way to get much needed money into the club. Change the gate at the south / east end into a turnstyle

maybe some radical changes listed, but it shakes it up a little and does keep us at fir park and i think at not that much expense

• Like 2

The problem is, we can't afford to do anything with fir park.

To build a new place would need someone to make a very generous offer for for park, and in an ideal world let us stay there until the new place was ready...

Seems a bit pie in the sky, I know.

Redeveloping fir park isn't a viable option, as where would the money come from?

I don't know if selling for park to finance a new place is realistic either?

Anyway, fir park has character, I like it!