Motherwell V Hibs

santheman

We need to hope the SPL card, apart from the Celtic game, is full of draws tomorrow. A few crap results for us and we could be down to 8th (not a disaster) but more worryingly a couple of points off 11th.

St Johnstone A, Dun Utd H, Dundee H, ICT A, Hearts H. November will be a big month that's for sure. I expect us to be 7th or 8th but a wee bit further agead of Dundee than the 9 point cushion we currently enjoy.

shaka ano he hasent replaced jennings and we need some1 like him to sit in front of the back 4, lasley looks lost without him aswell, but did he have enough money to replace him, there just isnt enough competition for places in the squad as the young players get 2 games and if they dont play amazing they are out, am not sayin mccall is a great manager but with the resources he has done well and you cant deny him that

The one thing I will agree with the moaners on - is I cannot understand some of McCalls substitutions.

That said to those who said we were garbage tonight - honest to F#CK what game were you at. In the 1st half we were the better side and created many chances by playing some decent football at times. Yes we failed to take any of those chances and as usual the opposition score with one of the few chnaces they get - another belter into the top corner.

After that the referee and his inept linesman took over the show.

It was never a 4-0 game and you feel for the players when they know they are also playing against the referee.

It was a game when everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

We have played worse and won games.

Get a FUCKING GRIP

• Like 5

shaka ano he hasent replaced jennings and we need some1 like him to sit in front of the back 4, lasley looks lost without him aswell, but did he have enough money to replace him, there just isnt enough competition for places in the squad as the young players get 2 games and if they dont play amazing they are out, am not sayin mccall is a great manager but with the resources he has done well and you cant deny him that

Radio saying that the linesman couldn't be blamed for not being able to tell if the ball was over the line at the disallowed goal.

Why then did two cops standing at the corner flag come past us in the wheelchair section and say "that linesman must be blind if he couldn't see that was well over" Asked him to put a police report into the SFA about 2 guys impersonating match officialsangry.gif

I think Higdon needs either a break, or he needs to do a Paterson and shift those extra pounds. Far too many times I have saw him be a few yard behind the play on a counter attack this season.

I do love the big man though

• Like 1

Some of the comments on here from motherwell fans are unbelievebale, how can any1 want mccall to get sacked when we lost big players in the summer and the only way of replacing them is by bringing the young boys through. The young boys need to learn and tonight they will learn alot.

How many young, inexperienced players played the majority of the game tonight? The young players do need to learn but Carswell and McHugh will learn very little on the bench.

As others have pointed out, there are a couple of poor sides in the league this season. For me, this season is a real opportunity to give three or four of these players a run in the team in order to see if they can cut it at this level. Write off this season to an extent and use it to build for the future. More game time for Cummins, Angol, Carswell, Hetherington and McHugh might lessen the rebuilding we need to do next summer.

Just my opinion, mind...

• Like 3

That was fucking brutal on so many levels. Crap officials apart we were murder and never looked able to win the game, this against a pretty poor Hibs team who had to do very little to get the win.

Far to many poor performances and we are way too predictable in all aspects of our game, McCall need to mix it up a bit personnel and tactics wise we are easy to play against at the moment and teams have to do very little to nullify any threat that we might have.

Even without the monumental refereeing fuck ups , we would still have lost tonight .

Dont know if my eyes deceived me but seemed like a back 3 at one point with hately deployed on left with hammell pushing up a bit in front of him , wtf ? Why not remove Kerr who was having a mare , keep hately in the right and put Carswell on in the middle ? How can subbing ojamaa instead possibly be seen as being positive in trying to get a foothold back in the game ?

Humphrey actually looked in the mood early on before reverting back to his usual self , the wild effort he fired up the back of the Cooper summed him up , when was his last really good game ? Fuckin imposter .

Some of McCalls blue eyed boys are not repaying his faith in them with recent performances , and need a spell warming the bench , rather than him shifting them all over the park just to give them a game .

Unless he can take his blinkers off and send the right team out in the right formation , a long depressing season languishing in the bottom half of the table awaits

You can say 0-4 flattered Hibs and it did but you can't defend like we did at this level and get away with it.

The first goal Kerr sold himself and was turned far too easy we cut wide open and their boy had a free shot from the edge of the box witch he dispatched well. We were then the best team, Hammell should have had a goal and Higdon should have buried his chance after great play by Ojamaa. Then again 2nd half we were on top and Murphy put a dream ball across the 6 yard box begging for a touch and we had no takers. Then Humphrey gave away the ball and one long ball forward caught out our entire defence(obviously lessons not learend from the Celtic game :rolleyes:) and it might have been harsh but Randolph did look like he brought him down. If it had been Ojamaa down the other end we'd be screaming for it and I can see why he gave it. Two fucking shocking goals to lose defensively.

We then had our chance with a pen and Higgy fluffed it. Their third in fairness is probably the worst pen I've ever seen given at Fir Park but they took their chance and we didn't. I was halfway out the door when the fourth rolled in but it looked another horror show defensively with nobody putting in a challenge.

We were unlucky in a way but neither defence was up too much however Hibs took their chances, we didn't.

I'll say it again we badly miss a Craigan or even dare I say it a Clancy to organise our defence and get them in shape. We also badly miss Jennings who's partnership with Lasley was what our team was built around. The defence now looks lacking in protection, the midfield lacks bit and to make matters worse we're not taking what chances we do create.

I agree it's ridiculous to be calling for McCall's head but with the way things are going and some of the decisions he's made this season questions are obviously going to be asked. Has to be said at the minute he doesn't look to have the answers. We look a rudderless ship at the minute and when he took Ojamaa off it seemed to be the final straw for quite a few around me..

Just saw the highlights on Sky.

Absolute fucking joke. Ball was at least a foot and a half over the line, 1st pen was outside the pitch although what Randolph was doing I don't know, 2nd pen was outside the box. Fucking shambles.

Kerr at fault for first goal and caught out with ball over the top for the 2nd goal.

Bad bad day at the office.

Was going to post a rant but its not even worth the effort.

What was the reason for the ref switch? I left at the 3rd so missed it.

Injury apparently. Didn't seem to be limping or in any obvious discomfort though. My guess would be that he pulled an imaginary hamstring to avoid having to deal with McCall, the players or the media at full time.

The announcement got the biggest cheer of the night anyway.

I hand on heart can deny him that. He had cash in the summer and apparently still does have and he can't find 1 single proper centre mid? I find that amazing. Look beyond the surface and the job he has done is worryingly bad.

We will never have an easier cup run than in 2010 but in the final we capitulate,with Stevie Hammell in centre mid??? In the run up to that final we failed to win any of our last 6 or 7 games,shipping almost 20 goals in the final 5 games alone. Last season we very nearly blew 3rd to a team that was bottom in early December,we were lucky Hibs,Hearts n Utd had shockers last year. Our record in big games. under McCall (old firm & euro) reads p-20,w-1,d-2,l-17 with a goal difference of nearly minus 40. That is obscene,disgusting even. And now this season were out of europe without kicking a ball,out the cup to a div3 team and tumbling down the league with a squad who look unfit & disinterested and a manager with the tactical nous of a frosties box.

Fuck the old pals act,fuck tv pundit appearances, fuck twatter n facebook, get these c***s in doing triple sessions till they fucking spew, buck up their fucking ideas. Go thro these shitebags like a dose of the runs and more importantly,look in the mirror McCall,Hateley aint a centre mid,neither is Law,Murphy is useless at left wing,we look short on confidence,couldnt score in a brothel,defensively embarrassing,poorly organized & incapable of doing even simple things.wake up and do your cunting job

• Like 6

Even if you take away their two soft penalties AND give us the goal the final score is 1-2. Well beaten imo.

IMO you are wrong. We were not well beaten. We played good football in the 1st half and at that point were marginally the better team. If the goal is given we are 1-1 at half time.

Yes the defence looks a little suspect and we are missing Jenno big time BUT we created plenty chances which hopefully snother game we will take.

I am not even going to talk about the referee and linesman. The 2nd hibs penalty was a disgrace and effectively ended the contest.

• Like 1

Even if you take away their two soft penalties AND give us the goal the final score is 1-2. Well beaten imo.

It really isn't though. No one knows what would of happened if we were given our goal.

Our record in big games. under McCall (old firm & euro) reads p-20,w-1,d-2,l-17 with a goal difference of nearly minus 40

Our big games are Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen......

Aside from the obvious referee problems.

Motherwell Problems:

1. Not learning from our mistakes from last week, we conceded an early goal from far out due to standing off, and we repeat the exercise tonight

2. The first penalty was never a penalty, but Kerr's defending got us in a horrible situation we didn't need to be in.

3. Subbing Ojamaa, the guy has been far from superb this season, granted, but tonight he looked like the Ojamaa of old and was beginning to look dangerous, so we sub him and bring on Omar "can't be arsed" Daley.

4. Tom Hateley. I only audibly air my frustration at the fitba when I think a player is not applying themselves or trying as hard as they could. Tonight Hateley forayed forward, made a spineless attempt at winning the ball, then when he lost it, stood with his hands on his hips making no effort to come back, then gestured with the fans. No doubt he'll have some heartfelt message on twitter to come, it annoys me how he makes out earning four figures a week to play football is a hard life. I'd happily swap places.

5. Midfield. Law and Lasley aren't working as a pairing, but by that I am in no way suggesting that we try to play Hateley there. Give Carswell a run in the team, have him play the "Jennings" role, because it's clear we need someone to play that. Put Law back out to left midfield where he had his best games for us last season.

6. Lack of a leader. I love Lasley, has been a great servant and a great player for Motherwell and still is, top guy, top pro, but from what I can see he doesn't seem to have the same presence and aura that Craigan had. Maybe I've been a bit hasty in saying this, but it's an observation I've made.

7. Leaky defence, we haven't had much chance to play Hutchy and Ramsden together, as would be my choice, but we appeared to have tried various other combinations that haven't worked thus far. However, Kerr and Cummins are young boys and will only progress through experience and being allowed to make mistakes so it's a bit of a catch 22!

Tried to write this with my rational head on as far as possible. Dire night.

• Like 1

IMO you are wrong. We were not well beaten. We played good football in the 1st half and at that point were marginally the better team. If the goal is given we are 1-1 at half time.

Yes the defence looks a little suspect and we are missing Jenno big time BUT we created plenty chances which hopefully snother game we will take.

I am not even going to talk about the referee and linesman. The 2nd hibs penalty was a disgrace and effectively ended the contest.

And in my opinion you are wrong.

Defence a LITTLE suspect???? One clean sheet in fifteen games is more than a little suspect.