Motherwell V Hibs

santheman

WTF. Finishing 3rd in the league with our budget and getting to a Cup Final and Semi Final - that is worryingly bad - right on man..

Did you read the rest of the post? Our budget means fuck all,its how you spend it and the fact is most if not all of Randolph,Hammell,Hutch,Hateley,Humphrey,Law,Higdon,Ojamaa,Murphy,Jennings would walk into every team in the SPL outside of Celtic. We finished 3rd cause we had better players and a helping of luck

fixed that

Not really. Shouldn't take a manager to tell players that maybe when a midfielder making a move forward means you need to track the player. They should have learned that by the age of 15....

We got beat 4-0. End of story.

True, not sure the point there though. As I never questioned the scoreline, just the bull shit that they scored two perfectly acceptable goals, and we had one chopped off would have still left it 2-1. Which is bull shit. Decisions change games. Going in 1-0 or 1-1 at half time would have been two very different things.

True, not sure the point there though. As I never questioned the scoreline, just the bull shit that they scored two perfectly acceptable goals, and we had one chopped off would have still left it 2-1. Which is bull shit. Decisions change games. Going in 1-0 or 1-1 at half time would have been two very different things.

Get over it and wring oot yer panties then.

I actually thought it was just one of those games. We had loads of bad luck in the game and apart from the first goal were actually playing not too bad. Not brilliant, but certainly getting in about them.

We do look very weak at the back, but is that not down to an ever changing back line with two very inexperienced players in Kerr and Cummins?

We also have the problem of squad size. None of these players are being challenged on their position so get comfortable. We need to get some players in to start to put some pressure on guys like Murphy and Hateley. The January transfer window is looking like a key date for us.

As for the league. I think we have a good enough squad to get a top six place, but McCall needs to sort out his tactics and also try and find some creativity in the team as nobody seems to want to take on that role.

This season was always going to be tough for us and I thought that at the time losing Jennings, Craigan and Clancy was a big problem and we have essentially replaced them with rookies. Why? Cause we have zero cash and can't afford decent players wages.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation we are in.

Not really. Shouldn't take a manager to tell players that maybe when a midfielder making a move forward means you need to track the player. They should have learned that by the age of 15....

Sorry, but we've played nearly every game with one ageing central midfielder supported by two wide players and a striker, one of the main reasons that our defence has been exposed is that teams are able to more or less walk straight through our midfield.

sometimes they can do enough to get us a point or more, most of the time the opposition must be thinking they've struck lucky

every single game this season our managers failure to play a central midfielder beside Lasley has cost us to some extent and it's not as if we weren't forewarned as anyone who seen us when Las or Jenno were missing last season will testify to

only seven of our team are signed for next season, and we havent produced or promoted a youth player to first team regular since who? Murphy in 2009? all the best have been let go or are rotting on the bench with no football

I'd not be surprised if we cannot attract decent kids any more as, our once outstanding structures that seen acouple of these boys get a chance every year, have disappeared with in the last five years, nowadays they'd be far better off at Livvy or similar

now this isn't particularly all McCalls doing, but when there is a requirement for a midfielder in the first team and he has fairly decent lads available on the bench who are at least fit for the job but he still chooses to field makeshift line up, forcing one onto his wrong foot, one into a weakened position and these lads sit and watch they must be scunnered.

That was shocking. O'Reilly at it again. I'm not generally one to have a pop at referee but that is as close to cheating as you'll see. Total c**t of a man.

Now onto Motherwell and McCall. A shambles. We are fucking terrible to watch. Our attack building is so slow it's unreal. By the time we've pissed about at the back for 4 or 5 passes, the opposition have by then got 9 or 10 players behind the ball.

As has been said, either play Jamie Murphy as a striker or not at all. He's as much of a winger as I am. He's a fucking shitebag as well. There was a point in the 2nd half where Clancy and Murphy were going for a loose ball, I called it 5 seconds before it happened that he would pull out of the challenge, and sure thing, he pulled out. He's reached the same stage as Mark Reynolds did at Fir Park. Been here too long that he's actually going backwards as a footballer.

Fraser Kerr. Really? How much are Birmingham paying us to play this imposter? He's fucking shite. Not a centre half. Not a right back. Probably not even a footballer. Get this joker out as soon as possible please.

To repeat what others have said, McCall is putting his favourite 11 players out and squeezing them into a formation. Nicky Law in central midfield works as well as Tom Hateley in there. Get him wide left please. Lasley is missing Jennings in beside him. Carswell needs to be given a run in the team.

McCall looks like he has run of ideas at the minute. It could be a long winter if last night is anything to go by.

• Like 1

Every time we have O'reilly as ref I come away from the match fuckin raging. He ruins every match he officiates, how he ever made it as a top level ref in this country is a mystery. Absoluteley shocking performance from him AND his linesman.The linesman has had 2 big decisions to make, our goal and their 2nd pen. Gets them both horrendously wrong, will he be punished? Will he fuckk.

Anyway, on to the football. I actually thought we played not bad, in the first half at least. Had a lot of attacking play but are just lacking that cutting edge, great to see OJ back in there causing problems, should never have been taken off. Its clear for all to see we need a centre mid. Law has the odd good game in there but not often enough and were missing him on the wing. Were struggling at the back, what to do about that I dont know, perhaps Saunders when he's fit will give us another option at centre half. I'm also fed up of Mccall forcing his favourite 11 into a formation, he's got to buck up his ideas or were going to spiral downwards. We have a small squad and in any other team in the country thats a great opportunity to promote youth. Carswell, ZFA, Hetherington and Mchugh have all shown they've got something, why the f**k arent they getting a fair shot at it??

Did you read the rest of the post? Our budget means fuck all,its how you spend it and the fact is most if not all of Randolph,Hammell,Hutch,Hateley,Humphrey,Law,Higdon,Ojamaa,Murphy,Jennings would walk into every team in the SPL outside of Celtic. We finished 3rd cause we had better players and a helping of luck

Of course I read your post. That team still needs to be managed and i am quite sure if Malpas had been in charge we would not have finished 3rd. So I still disagree with your original post. Reply away, it will make no difference to my belief that McCall has done a decent job since he arrived.

I hand on heart can deny him that. He had cash in the summer and apparently still does have and he can't find 1 single proper centre mid? I find that amazing. Look beyond the surface and the job he has done is worryingly bad.

We will never have an easier cup run than in 2010 but in the final we capitulate,with Stevie Hammell in centre mid??? In the run up to that final we failed to win any of our last 6 or 7 games,shipping almost 20 goals in the final 5 games alone. Last season we very nearly blew 3rd to a team that was bottom in early December,we were lucky Hibs,Hearts n Utd had shockers last year. Our record in big games. under McCall (old firm & euro) reads p-20,w-1,d-2,l-17 with a goal difference of nearly minus 40. That is obscene,disgusting even. And now this season were out of europe without kicking a ball,out the cup to a div3 team and tumbling down the league with a squad who look unfit & disinterested and a manager with the tactical nous of a frosties box.

Fuck the old pals act,fuck tv pundit appearances, fuck twatter n facebook, get these c***s in doing triple sessions till they fucking spew, buck up their fucking ideas. Go thro these shitebags like a dose of the runs and more importantly,look in the mirror McCall,Hateley aint a centre mid,neither is Law,Murphy is useless at left wing,we look short on confidence,couldnt score in a brothel,defensively embarrassing,poorly organized & incapable of doing even simple things.wake up and do your cunting job

This is a fucking awesome post.

The officials didn't cheat nor did they conspire to cost Motherwell the game. They were completely incompetent. Very, very, unusual that so many 'big' calls went against the truth and the one team in the same match.

Scant consolation but I'm pretty sure we will be the recipient of some dodgy officiating before the end of the season that will see us walk away with three points when we maybe should only get one or possibly zero.

Fingers crossed it is at Easter Road.

Couple of things on the game:-

We actually played well until the third goal.

None of the penalties given were penalties.

Couple of players appear to be saving good performances for TV games - Ojamma especially.

Can't understand why people were suprised Ojamma was subbed; nearly 20 games without a goal now, and doesn't look like scoring anytime soon.

We stand off teams too easily.

Our best shape is 4-2-3-1.

Couple of things on what other punters have posted on here:-

Jamie Murphy is not a striker and never will be. He's too lightweight. Best for club and player if he leaves and soon.

We need a centre half and a centre mid - we miss Craigan more than Jennings.

Stuart McCall can only piss with the dick he has. His signings have generally been good. That said, it is regretable that we haven't signed a couple of defensive minded players.

Couple of things on the officials:-

I hope the club grow a pair and formally complain about O'Reilly. He shouldn't be allowed near Fir Park again.

I wonder if anyone had a bet on 3 pens in the game.

I wonder if anyone had a bet on the ref being "injured".

last night was a disaster anything that could go wrong went wrong,stevie o'reilly is fucking hopless the guy is totally incompetent too get as many big decisions wrong in a game is a joke,that aside our defence right now is a shambles the build up to hibs goals and so called penalties we were all over the place unless something is done that defence will keep costing us.we look like a team thats badly lacking in confidence and theres a soft touch about us its time for the players to get the sleeves rolled up and get in about it

Couple of things on the game:-

We actually played well until the third goal.

None of the penalties given were penalties.

Couple of players appear to be saving good performances for TV games - Ojamma especially.

Can't understand why people were suprised Ojamma was subbed; nearly 20 games without a goal now, and doesn't look like scoring anytime soon.

We stand off teams too easily.

Our best shape is 4-2-3-1.

Couple of things on what other punters have posted on here:-

Jamie Murphy is not a striker and never will be. He's too lightweight. Best for club and player if he leaves and soon.

We need a centre half and a centre mid - we miss Craigan more than Jennings.

Stuart McCall can only piss with the dick he has. His signings have generally been good. That said, it is regretable that we haven't signed a couple of defensive minded players.

Couple of things on the officials:-

I hope the club grow a pair and formally complain about O'Reilly. He shouldn't be allowed near Fir Park again.

I wonder if anyone had a bet on 3 pens in the game.

I wonder if anyone had a bet on the ref being "injured".

^^^ Agree with most of that. Chasing Murphy out the club's a bit harsh though.

The simple fact is none of our players have really kicked a ball this season. Perhaps they've been starting to believe the hype that's surrounded them. The most worrying aspect of this is I'm not sure if we have the type of character in the team to pick us up from this dip in form.

I don't really rate Law as a wide left player. However he doesn't have the dig to play in the middle. We need 2 players in the middle of the park to win the ball and move it out to the flanks. It's without question the time to give Carswell a couple of starts in there.

Some of them are really too old to believe the hype and should know better. Ability to play well consistently over a long period of time is the problem. Again, that is why they are playing football with us.

Does any of our current squad have a winner's medal from their time in the game? Not that I recall.

Higdon with St Mirren and our remaining Cup Final players came close. Guys who had played in England? Law, Ramsden, Daley, Humphrey, Hateley, Randolph etc.? I don't think so. A wee look at medal's cabinet should prevent most senior players getting carried away with 'hype'.

Some have International Caps. That is quite an honour to be fair.

If I was a player I'd be desperate to win a medal at senior level,, anywhere, before the end of my career. For some,.....and I'm casting the net very far and wide here, money is just reward for their career.

is page out on loan?why do we borrow kerr from birmingham when we have page who is just as good if not better.he should be playin alongside hutchy imo.

if page can be recalled from his loan then he should be we need all the bodies we can right now.page wont shite out a tackle like some in our team and hes got a bit more experience than cummins or kerr which would be helpful in defence right now

You always get better when you are not playing in a losing team.

However, Page going to Accies at such a time speaks volumes about what McCall thinks of him and where his future lies.

Should have been released/left in the Summer imo. He was given a new one year deal but was then allowed to go out on a months loan during our worst defensive (clean sheets wise) run in years.

At least he finally knows where he stands. Surprised it took as much though.

You always get better when you are not playing in a losing team.

However, Page going to Accies at such a time speaks volumes about what McCall thinks of him and where his future lies.

Should have been released/left in the Summer imo. He was given a new one year deal but was then allowed to go out on a months loan during our worst defensive (clean sheets wise) run in years.

At least he finally knows where he stands. Surprised it took as much though.

According to an Accies supporting mate, Page has been rank rotten and reckons Motherwell must be paying Accies to take him!!! Never the answer to our problems. We badly, badly miss Craigan.