Where Do We Go From Here

gilmour

Some of the comments on this are hilarious and also very cringe worthy.

We are going through a massive period of change - within Motherwell as a club, Scottish football as a whole and the economy across the UK.

To answer the question though;

Short term - improvement is required, players should be dropped if they are not performing, especially over a long period of time.

Medium term - Trouble is brewing, how many players are out of contract at the end of the season? A big management job lies ahead, whether that be for McCall or for someone else.

Long term - A new stadium, fan ownership........and a rollercoaster as always

McCall is needin to drop this "jobs for the lads" thing he has got going on, the only really good thing that has came of it is Nicky Law, who he is now playing out of position. We are pissing away wages for folk to warm the bench when we are needing to get someone into the starting 11.

I thought that Ojamaa had improved in the match on Friday, but Higgy lost his way a bit. When we aren't humping the ball up te Higgy, then we actually play some tidy football. Sell off Daley, he can't play football, Humphrey should get one last chance but sell him off if he doesny up his game. The midfield need to come back and defend much more and not leave space behind them.

Who do you seriously think would pay money for Daley? I think we would struggle to find someone that would take him on a free transfer coz he's a waste of a wage.With so many playing out of position the midfield don't know their arse from their elbow so not surprised people are being caught not tracking back.

With so many playing out of position the midfield don't know their arse from their elbow so not surprised people are being caught not tracking back.

I wrote this after the St Mirren game back in August.

"I'm all for giving youth a chance but Steve Hetherington had a mare really should have been replaced after 30 minutes. For most of the match we were totally exposed down both wings with Nicky Law not really knowing where he was meant to be playing. Jamie Murphy again flattered to deceive and his roving role from a deep position caused our lads more trouble than it caused St Mirren. Keith Lasley is struggling badly just now and may be missing Jennings' presence to protect him. At 32 are his best years behind him?"

The midfield (and other areas of the team) has been a problem since the start of the season with players out of position in roles for which they are not suited.

I can't motivate myself to go to games since the ibrox defeat. McCall was gutless and is now proving to be tactically clueless. Its almost as if he's tryin to prove a point with his unwillingness to play Murphy up front with Higdon and play Carswell in centre mid. I think we've hit a brickwall under McCall, hopefully his days are numbered.

• Like 1

Well after seeing and hearing about the Inverness win over Rangers tonight, i find myself being just as disgusted a few weeks on as I was on the night at our spineless, disgusting performance.

Plus one

Just goes to show what a bunch of bottlers we are, cant beat one of the worst rangers sides ever and all mccall done before and after the games was big up rangers and there fans and there manager who is his pal, still disgusted we couldnt beat them and i will never forgive the team for not going out there and giving them a doing. Lost all respect for mccall after that game, with his a**e kissing, sooky, pally pally wi mccoist and praising there fans, what about us mccall, still didnt thank all the well fans for coming that night and didnt issue an apology.

Pathetic!!

• Like 2

I can't motivate myself to go to games since the ibrox defeat. McCall was gutless and is now proving to be tactically clueless. Its almost as if he's tryin to prove a point with his unwillingness to play Murphy up front with Higdon and play Carswell in centre mid. I think we've hit a brickwall under McCall, hopefully his days are numbered.

Plus one, cant actually forgive the team and havent been back since the celtic game, was at all the home games and european games before it and county away but cant motivate myself since that defeat, still raging we lost to that rubbish!!

• Like 1

Plus one

Just goes to show what a bunch of bottlers we are, cant beat one of the worst rangers sides ever and all mccall done before and after the games was big up rangers and there fans and there manager who is his pal, still disgusted we couldnt beat them and i will never forgive the team for not going out there and giving them a doing. Lost all respect for mccall after that game, with his a**e kissing, sooky, pally pally wi mccoist and praising there fans, what about us mccall, still didnt thank all the well fans for coming that night and didnt issue an apology.

Pathetic!!

This.

Even forgetting the fact that the fans were absolutely robbed of time, money and safety in that midden - we have looked a poor imitation of ourselves the last few weeks with no confidence and no creativity.

And personally? I blame McCall for that - he and he alone is responsible for the mindset of the players and getting them ready for big games.

I'm by no means calling for his head - but I can assure you I will be if something like that every happens again.

• Like 1

I've not been to a game since the Inverness match due to work and I can't wait to get to a game!

We are in poor form and things look a bit grim but I honestly believe supporters play a part in getting teams out of these situations so we have to do our bit as well.

being brutally honest, it's a very long time since I have felt so demotivated as a Well fan.

I'm pretty scunnered with our recent form, most notably the Sevco debacle. However if you or anyone else is as demotivated as you have felt in a long time I'd love to know what you consider a long time?

Pre or post Malpas? We're having a sticky time of it, a period of poor form you can date back to letting slip a 2 goal lead at Pittodrie near the end of September. So about 5 weeks of indifferent/poor performances is what it takes to demotivate you to lifelong levels of apathy?

How did you cope with the winless run under Gannon, nearly the whole Malpas era, the gradual decline of possibly best team in our lifetime under Alex McLiesh and a whole lot more other relegation battles and spells of dire football.

I can only assume other factors come into play as it isn't that long a time since things were going pretty well.

For what is worth I can think of decent reasons to be scunnered beyond our current form. Having a wide open league and seeing us going backwards when no teams is standing out means this might well be the worst timing in a long time to under perform. We got a load of players in final year of contract we'll find tough to replace but end of the day but if we snap out of it and win our next two games we'll be right back comfortably in the mix in the top half of the table.

• Like 1

to be honest i think part of the problem is that more and more people are becoming scunnered with football in general at the moment, and moments like the sevco match don't do much to reverse that trend.

Agree, football players are only asked to perform once myabe twice a week and they should be up for every game, i am tired of the players letting down the fans when we need them to win a game more than ever. The last 4 performances have been absolutely rank rotten with only Randolph being excused, he seems the only guy with any heart and fight in the team, the rest and the manager included are only thinking about there next contract, and with the majority of the squad and management out of contract at end of the season, i dont think they really care to be honest about the club anymore.

I think fans are now realising all across the country is it really worth it spending my money following football anymore, when more important things spend money on with way the economy is. We are going to see more and more empty grounds across the country in the future until they make football prices more realistic, should be no more than £8 for an adult and £4 for a kid.

Footballers paid to much money!

• Like 1

I think fans are now realising all across the country is it really worth it spending my money following football anymore, when more important things spend money on with way the economy is. We are going to see more and more empty grounds across the country in the future until they make football prices more realistic, should be no more than £8 for an adult and £4 for a kid.

Footballers paid to much money!

This part I absolutely agree with.

The first part I'm not so sure. I think the buck has to stop with management on the mindset of the players. They've clearly proven what they are capable of on their day - so the fact they aren't even a little consistent clearly points to an issue within the dressing room.

Sorry, but I think it's extremely harsh to accuse the squad en mass of having no heart or fight, or indeed caring for the club.

As a general point, I doubt any of the players care about the club in the same way that the fans do. That's not a criticism by the way, but it doesn't stop the players having professional pride. If there is genuine belief that they are only interested in their next contracts, then it's surely in their best interests to perform well.

As mentioned, a couple of wins and we are right back in the mix - it's nowhere near the crisis levels being portrayed.

Yet. :ph34r:

I agree that the management have to take the majority of blame. The players are getting away with poor performances as they know their place in the team is pretty much guaranteed. I appreciate we have a small squad but I'd much prefer to watch some youngsters with a bit of enthusiasm and fight in them than see a lacklustre performance from a player who knows they won't be dropped. Time McCall gave them a wake-up call.

This part I absolutely agree with.

The first part I'm not so sure. I think the buck has to stop with management on the mindset of the players. They've clearly proven what they are capable of on their day - so the fact they aren't even a little consistent clearly points to an issue within the dressing room.

totally agree mccalls mindset will rub off onto the players the fact that he talked down our chances of beating sevco while bumming up rangers chances done us no favours,we approached that cup tie in totally the wrong way and thats down to mccall

to be honest i think part of the problem is that more and more people are becoming scunnered with football in general at the moment, and moments like the sevco match don't do much to reverse that trend.

Exactly what I posted in another thread. Totally and utterly sick of it just now. For me it's not simply just down to the performances and results this season which we've been forced to endure this season, but also the backlash from the soap opera saga over the last 12 months due to the seemingly neverending Rangers / SPL fiasco. And then we have Levein on top of that.

I haven't been to a match this season since the home Panathinaikos CL game and I probably won't be back until, most likely, the Scottish Cup round. Yeah, I'm a glory hunter.