St Johnstone V Motherwell

Finlay

I think we'll take a point from this game, and I'd go for the same team & formation as Finlay. I have a sneaking feeling that we'll see Hateley back in midfield though.

I'd be willing to see Hateley in midfield if he had Carswell alongside him. They two probably compliment each other better than the current duo.

If we are to turn things around we need to become hard to beat. That requires us playing with two midfielders willing to protect our vulnerable defence. I've been saying this since the Panathanikos game though...

We are not dictating play at the moment and need to steady the ship. We need to get harder to beat and I will take a no score draw right now. I can't agree with Hateley in midfield as he is a duck out of water in there as proven too often already. Carswell needs a chance to show what he can do alongside Las and Law. Although he is a threat I would leave Humphrey out.

• Like 1

ORMOND FAMILY STAND

For most but not all fixtures, this is a mixed family stand. One adult and up to two children aged 12 or under can gain admission at a cost of £15. Unaccompanied adults or children aged 12 or under will not be admitted. Children aged 13-16 can gain admission at a cost of £5.

Where the anticipated away support is expected to be of a size where it is not possible to operate the Ormond Stand as a mixed family stand then the club undertakes to provide a fixed number of 'adult and up to two kids aged 12 and under' packages in whatever stand the away support is accommodated in.

AWAY SUPPORT

Where only one stand is offered to the away support (the North Stand OR the West Stand then the prices shall be: Adult £22, over 65s £12, 13-18 year olds £11. Please see above section on Ormond Stand for additional relevant details.

contemplating going, and it is a Saturday 3pm kick off which I've been trying to support more than the inconvenient Friday and mind bogglingly stupid Sunday alternatives of which we have a few off next month

Interesting to read some folk reckon we were on top for most of the Hibs game,I've seen us with better stats in a few games but I'm still getting a bit tired of the same mistakes week in week out which have been our undoing since the close season, even allowing for influences like O'Reilly or injuries etc.

problem is with any new players introduced they deserve a month to bed in just like all the others who have failed in the last few months.

Still hoping McCall at least moves away from his most stupid choices with Hately and Murph being played in positions that destroy their capabilities.

I like Humphrey but he has been proven more often than not, as no more than an impact player over a prolonged period, But I still dont know who deserves his place, a lot of St Johnstones goals conceded have come from the second ball after goal attempts so I would be tempted to use players who can work chances and follow up into the box, but the priority has to be to protect the defence, if we had a right mid I'd use him, anybody know Hetheringtons best role?

and with St Johnstones weakness on the deck I'd even be tempted to finish with Murphy, Ojamma, and Mchugh on if needed

Randolph

Hately, Ramsden, Hutch, Hammell

???, Carswell, Lasley, Law

???,???

Got to get back to basics . A lot of emphasis lately by management and fans lately on getting back to scoring goals but to get back on an even keel I would first be happy to stop conceding from being poor at the back .Scoring goals breeds confidence , but losing goals obviously has the opposite effect , and a settled back line to build from is key , and from that point I really hope big Hutch is back fit .St J are in a rich vein of form at the moment , and I think if we can head back down the road with a clean sheet and a point in the bag it would stop the rot and give us a platform to build from . In the past I would have said we should be going there confident that we are capable of coming back with a win under our belts . Of course we are , but being realistic about where we are at the moment in terms of confidence , mentality etc. , I think a draw and a clean sheet would be good for morale . Last season we were considered a scalp to most teams , but now our frailties are all too obvious . The sooner the players and management realise that and learn to knuckle down and graft to rectify things , the better .Anyway , after that rant my ( hopeful ) prediction is 0-0 , and a base to build from in the coming month which could define our season .

Whats the easiest way to get to McDiarmid Park (not driving) taking into account time and money? Cheers for any help.

Probably the cheapest way is the Megabus from Sauchiehall St to Broxden Services then the bus from there into Perth (sure one goes past the park)Megabus site currently offering seats at £6 each way (will get more expensive as the week goes on) and buses are every 40 mins or so.

I would imagine £20/£25 or so would get you there and back.

Sometimes good rail deals as well. Hope this helps

I'd like to see a few changes for this match to freshen things up a bit. I would go:

Randolph

Hateley Ramsden hutch(if fit) hammell

Hetherington carswell

Humphrey lasley law

OJ

Defence been shaky especially if hutchy is still out so three natural centre mids will hopefully offer more protection than the last couple games. Leaves us 1 short up front so id give ojamaa the nod for his work rate.

Big game for mccall and if he makes some changes to give us some fresh ideas we could bounce back. Can't see it happening mind you, will be the predictable line up and 2-1 st j.

You know what I was wondering, how come Bob McHugh can't get a game? Our team couldn't score in a brothel as they say, 4 games without a goal. McHugh has 4 goals in his last 4 games for the U 20's, not the same level obviously but he can only score in the games he plays. Yet at 2-0 down on Friday and looking for a goal who does McCall bring on... Omar Daley. By the time McHugh came on it was 3-0 and the game was gone, what was the point. 1-0 down at Tynecastle with 10 minutes to go we need a goal and McCall again chose Daley, McHugh never even made it off the bench.

In fact he's barely had a sniff since he started against ICT in a game which we won 4-1 strangely. I'm no Mourinho but I'd have thought if your regular strikers are off form and your firing blanks perhaps giving the guy scoring for fun for the U 20's a proper shot might be worthwhile..??

I'm by no means saying he'll solve all our problems but I'm a bit bemused at McCall's treatment of him. I'd have thought he'd done enough in his limited appearance time this season to merit more of a chance especially given the barren run we're on.

Then again if it were up to me I'd play Carswell(an actual centre midfielder) alongside Lasley on Saturday and try and play two proper ball winners in there to offer some protection to the defence and bring a bit more balance to the team.

Maybe I'm just mental but in all honesty if given the chance could Carswell and McHugh really do any worse than those who've played ahead of them the last few games? Maybe just maybe throwing in a few young hungry players with a point to prove might give the team the boost it needs by adding some freshness and giving those dropped a kick up the arse.

I’ll have what your having.

The way we are playing at the moment, we haven’t a hope in hell of beating St.Johnstone.

St.Johnstone (add score here) Motherwell 0

This 100%

Would have more chance of scoring in a nunery than Motherwell have of scoring on the park. If you don't take shots your not gonna score simple as that.

I won't be putting Motherwell on my coupon but I think some people are getting a bit carried away with the old doom and gloom stuff.

It's Motherwell, anything can happen!

I won't be there but hopefully the fans get behind the team and we can get something from the match.

St. Johnstone are favourites and I said even before their good run that they had the strongest squad of any non city club in the SPL but I'm not going to be amazed if we get a point or even a win.

McCall has had an easy time up till now - now it's time to earn his corn. More than a few players need to stand up and be counted as well.