Best Team Since Administration

milo

Remember Faddy wasn't a "post administration player", Pearson barely was either.

For me it would be:

Randolph

Corrigan

Craigan

Hutchinson

Hammell

Law

O'Donnell

Jennings

Clarkson

Jutkiewicz

McDonald

Seats on the bench for Ruddy, Reynolds, McCormack, Lasley and Porter.

As I said, I didn't give it a huge ammount of thought. Replacing Partridge with Reynolds or Hutchy would possibly be a better shout.(Hutchy was on my bench at least!)

You're being a bit unkind to Patridge. If I remember we missed him a bit when he left and he would walk into the present defence.

The midfield would work but is probably too attack minded. You could argue Jennings in for one of the front 3 of McFadden, McDonald or Jutkiewicz would give better balance.(Jennings was also on my bench!) but if not O'Brien then who else at right midfield? Foran?! Humphrey?! McBride?!

I rated the wee Alan McCormack we had also.

I agree Melvin. My favourite 11 and best 11 are nearly 2 different teams!!

For what its worth, my team would be....

Randolph

Corrigan

Craigan

Hutchison

Hammell

Jennings

Hughes

O'Donnell

McCormack

Porter

McDonald

subs

Ruddy, Quinn, Clancy, Lasley, Law, Jutkiewicz, Higdon. Nae Faddy or Pearo because we were still in admin when they left, Clarkson and Murphy are the two most notable exclusions.

Right sorry am I imagining this? I thought and would describe Jutkiewicz as a powerful centre forward. I remember him being unfit when he first arrived in terms of match fitness etc. but he was built like a tank. A proper athlete if you will with plenty of upper body strength.

Someone please tell me I'm not making this up or was I watching a different player?

Your not making it up. One of his best attributes was using his strength, holding the ball up and holding off the centre half that was marking him. No doubt, he was built like fuck.

Your not making it up. One of his best attributes was using his strength, holding the ball up and holding off the centre half that was marking him. No doubt, he was built like fuck.

:lol:

Thank you, begining to think I was making it up! No offence to the lad but I just can't see how anyone could say Jutkiewicz lacked uper body strength, he was built like a brick shithouse.

Someone else said Porter was the best striker we've had post admin, in my opinion Jutkiewicz was the best all round striker we've had post Admin. Porter might have been a better poacher but for me Lukas all round game was superior, he had a bit of everything. Was strong, moblie, bullied defenders, excellent control particularly at chest height for balls fired up to him, could hold up the ball and link up play, good in the air, hard working and a powerful left foot. If anything though it was probably his finishing that let him down at times and he didn't score as many goals as he could have. However I thought as a striker he contributed so much to the team, much more than just goals. Plus I just loved his attitude, rarely you see such commitment from a player on loan. When he as injured he could have packed his bags and went home having already done himself enough to get a move elsewhere, instead he battled through pain week after week for the team. I remember when he was doing his own lap of honour after the 6-6 game he could barely fucking walk, who knows how he managed to sprint for that ball at the end cause he could barely move for the last 15 mins of the game.

Jutkiewicz was a player you could clearly see from early doors had something about him, I mean Everton paying a 7 figure sum for him when he was in his teens showed he was cut above most your likely to see at Fir Park. No surprise to me either that since he's left us he's been transferred for another 7 figure sum, the second time before he was even 23. We were very lucky to have a player of his quality, he's destined to get his shot in the Premiership soon in my opinion.

Jutkiewicz

McDonald

Porter

Would be my order for strikers post admin, and that's no slight on Porter who was a fantastic player for us but it just shows the quality of striker we've had at Fir Park over the last 5 years or so. Probably why Higdon goes so unappreciated by some, which is a shame cause the big man does a cracking job for us.

:lol:

Thank you, begining to think I was making it up! No offence to the lad but I just can't see how anyone could say Jutkiewicz lacked uper body strength, he was built like a brick shithouse.

Fair enough, I just remember getting awfully frustrated with him getting bullied of the ball, not saying he wasn't built right enough.

As much as i admire Craggs for service and dedication to the club he would be on the bench for me, selt more than his fair share of jerseys over the years, there has been a good couple of centre halfs at least that would easy walk into the best 11 before him, Hutch for a start, no brainer. Craigan was a Great leader and ambassador as i say but no that great a player.

Randolph

Corrigan Craigan Hutch Hammill

Jenno O'Donnell Lasley

Faddy

McDonald Jutkiewicz

I would be very tempted to swap Hammill for Jim Paterson if you could guarantee we got the JP who played for McGhee's first 6 months. I thought he was superb.

Bench: Ruddy, Porter, McCormack, Law, Reynolds, JOB.

The team above, as good as it is, I don't even know how it would look out on the park. I like my 'well teams, in real life and in FM to play with wingers. Even though JOB certainly isn't one of our best 11 since admin, he might merit a place on the bench to mix things up a bit.

As much as i admire Craggs for service and dedication to the club he would be on the bench for me, selt more than his fair share of jerseys over the years, there has been a good couple of centre halfs at least that would easy walk into the best 11 before him, Hutch for a start, no brainer. Craigan was a Great leader and ambassador as i say but no that great a player.

If Hutch was half the player some on here make him out to be he'd be twice the player he actually is. If Reynolds or Craigan made as many mistakes as he has already this season they'd be getting crucified on here. Boys been a bombscare this season without Clancy or Craigan there to hold his hand. Not my definition of a great defender.

• Like 2

If Hutch was half the player some on here make him out to be he'd be twice the player he actually is. If Reynolds or Craigan made as many mistakes as he has already this season they'd be getting crucified on here. Boys been a bombscare this season without Clancy or Craigan there to hold his hand. Not my definition of a great defender.

Totally agree. There's not a centre half worthy of the name at the club.

Right sorry am I imagining this? I thought and would describe Jutkiewicz as a powerful centre forward. I remember him being unfit when he first arrived in terms of match fitness etc. but he was built like a tank. A proper athlete if you will with plenty of upper body strength.

Someone please tell me I'm not making this up or was I watching a different player?

You are spot on. Jutkiewicz wasnt just the strongest striker while he was at the club, he was the strongest player in the team. The other players regularly referred to him as "an animal" in training because he could bench so much more than anyone in the team. His weights regime was scary by all accounts.