Motherwell V Hearts

santheman

The first half was probably the worst Motherwell performance I've seen since the Malpas days…. We didn't even manage a single shot on goal unless I'm forgetting some tame effort.

Higgy had one decent header on target that the goalie tipped round, and one tame one that floated past, both from decent Humphrey crosses. Henrik also trundled one past from distance, think that was about it though.

Yes that was as poor a performance as i've EVER seen from us. ABYSMAL in the first half. How The Hump stayed on after that 45 is beyond me. 2nd half was dull and we just dont seem up for the home games at all this season some of our players are just going through the motions. No-one will ever convince me that every player is giving 100%. Im not paying good money to watch that crap. It's been the same ALL season Dundee Utd Hibs and the lucky point against St Midden are the norm home performances. IT'S NOT FECKIN GOOD ENOUGH!!!! :wallbash:

I wasn't getting my hopes up, as great as we were last Sunday, that we were about to go on a good run.

The woeful results at home continue and that's got to be concern for McCall, as it sure as hell is for me!

Didn't really have any clear cut chances, but then neither did Hearts. Higdon has certainly fluffed a few chances this season when you would've liked to see him put the laces through it. Reminded me a lot of the last game between the teams at Tynecastle as there was nothing, bar a fantastic strike between the sides that day either.

I could whine and moan about how bad we are, how Hateley cannae cross and we still don't have a proper left sided midfielder, but the facts remain that we are no better or worse than anyone else in the league really, and are still only spitting distance away from the top of the league despite us not really playing well all season.

I think a few are over exagerating how bad we were,

sure, we were not very good, but that was far from the worst ever, hell it wasnt even the worst this season.

same old mistakes and frustrations, far too many slack passes and wasted set pieces, which better opposition would capitalise on, but, at the same time we had four or five chances to win it

we are however far too rigid and predictable, any manager can see how we are set up and attempt to nulify it. and the lack of willingness to change it, is frustrating, as is our own manager again spending time building up the opposition and their best defence in the league credentials?

would still like to see Law back on the left, Murphy in the pocket or out right and a.n.other in the middle with Lasley.

and would love to see McCall roll the dice and try and win something with a change or two, especially when a couple fo players weren't contributing

I can see both sides of the debate regarding the Randolph incident. If an oppositions goalie had done that to Murphy I would be furious. If he gets pulled up for it then questions again need to asked about whether the compliance officer only acts if the media suggests he should.

McCullochs elbow on Cummins is still the worst incident I've seen all season and it never got mentioned by anyone in the press!

Consistency is all we ask for.

Definitely a poor overall performance . Looked a nil - nil from a long way out , so at home you expect your manager to change things in an attempt to turn things in our favour .

Personally thought that , although he had few efforts at goal of note , big Higgys workrate , especially in the first half tracking back , was much improved . But as long as he is on the park he is a threat in and around the box .

Henrik , on the other hand , was out of sorts and contributed little . Would have hooked him and gave Boab a half hour run out , as although McCall doesn't appear to rate him , he couldn't have done any worse , and after so long in the fringes deserves a wee bit if game time to prove once and for all if he can cut it or not .

On the Randolph debate , thought it looked dodgy at the time , but just about to watch highlights on Sky to see how it looks on t.v.

Got to agree it would be harsh if compliance officer gets involved . The fecker only seems to rear his head when incidents receive tv and media attention , things like McCullochs elbow as stated being swept under the bigot brothers favoured carpet .

I wouldn't have myself down as a happy clapper, but I don't think we were that bad today, and probably deserved at least a goal for our efforts. Higdon held the ball up brilliantly and created space for Murphy, Humphrey and Ojamaa on several occasions. McDonald had to make a few very good saves to keep us out, and as for poor delivery, I remember Higdon having two balls right on his head in the first half from Humphrey, Murphy miss-heading from about 8 yards (unmarked) from a corner, Hutch heading down to gift Higdon a chance and then Humphrey only just over-hit a cross to Higdon in front of the cooper in the second half. We were absolutely all over Hearts for periods in that game.

Unfortunately, Ojamaa had a bit of an off day. He ran himself into the ground and did try to create time and time again, but just had no luck as we had last week. That's the difference really; the performances were not that different between this week and last, just the finishing. We kept a clean sheet for once and are still in a very nice position in the league, just 4 points adrift of the top.

Randolph challenge just been back on sky . Contact to me seemed minimal tbh , and as for intent , would be hard for anyone to prove there was malice in it .

Randy takes the ball and appears to be looking straight ahead , not towards hearts player coming in . Wether he meant it or not , I have my suspicions , but hard to prove , I would reckon .

Looking at the big picture I'm happy with how this season is going but perspectives are going to be skewed when the majority of paying punters have only seen one win in seven home SPL games and in six of those games we've scored a grand total of three goals. If home and away fixtures were reversed everything would look much rosier.

As for today, much like the Dundee United, Dundee and Hibs games we simply lacked the cutting edge in the final third. Hearts pressed our players well and simply didn't give us any space in that area so a draw is probably a fair result.

Hutch was the stand out today by an absolute mile.

As Fudge says , we are definitely restricted by opposition teams coming here and pushing , and closing our players down quickly to nulify our passing game .

On the road the onus is on the home team to create , which gives our players more freedom and space going forward . The manager therefore needs to come up with a plan b at fir park , because we are so predictable its hard to see where a home win is going to come from .

Was a bit 50/50 on the Randolph incident at the game and just seen it on sky and I am not anymore convinced it was deliberate. Think it will boil down to only him knowing if he meant it or not..Did he have enough time to get ball cleanly and deliberately kick him?

Not the best of games, but a points not the end of the world.

Again some alright performances- Hutchinson& Cummins looked fairly comfortable, thought Humphrey when he got the first touch right was probably our most dangerous player. Sometimes the touch goes missing though..

Hately I thought was shockingly bad in spells today, his passing was basically hopeless.

Our biggest problem seems to be the lack of options/managerial confidence in those on the bench. Today seemed to be a day where a change last 10 mins might win it but hey what do I know..

Need to play better at United thats for sure

Not sure what to make of it today. On one hand a 0-0 at home is disappointing but hearts defended well to be fair and you look at their back 4 - Grainger, Mcgowan, Zaliukas, Webster - all top pro's at this level, arguable the best back 4 in the league outside celtic? Hutchy was incredible today. Ojamma had a poor game, though not through lack of effort. Hateley, again, didn't turn up - story of the season.

We have a small squad but McCall really needs to start having faith in the young lads to give us that much needed depth. Look at cummins, almost unheard of 6 months ago, drafted in through injury, established himself and now a real option for us. Not saying the same will happen for the others, but it certainly won't if they're just playing 5 minutes every other week. And drop hateley ffs, getting sick of watching him recently, get Devlin in there or something, cant be any worse just now.

Not sure what to make of it today. On one hand a 0-0 at home is disappointing but hearts defended well to be fair and you look at their back 4 - Grainger, Mcgowan, Zaliukas, Webster - all top pro's at this level, arguable the best back 4 in the league outside celtic? Hutchy was incredible today. Ojamma had a poor game, though not through lack of effort. Hateley, again, didn't turn up - story of the season.

We have a small squad but McCall really needs to start having faith in the young lads to give us that much needed depth. Look at cummins, almost unheard of 6 months ago, drafted in through injury, established himself and now a real option for us. Not saying the same will happen for the others, but it certainly won't if they're just playing 5 minutes every other week. And drop hateley ffs, getting sick of watching him recently, get Devlin in there or something, cant be any worse just now.

ojama played well cummings did not play him in when he pointed to where he wanted the psss instead cummings chose to play a non productive pass to hutchy hennce pissing about at the back and not making a forward in there face attack there fore giving webster time to look like maldini