Aberdeen V Motherwell

Davie boy

Almost Frazzled and WellInEurope..............

i know you are saying the defenders should be marking, schoolboy stuff etc etc

but we defend as a team and attack as a team..........

at the time, I screamed at Higgy - dont effin give up - he did and pointed to Humphrey to close him down, (after watching it on tv when i got home) he then turns his back on the cross. That split second gave Consodine the space he needed to put in a good ball.

Higgy giving up the chase and Humphrey turning his back is inexcusable IMO

Yes - the marking wasnt great - but when you have 2 inexperienced guys in there, the experienced guys need to do there share...........the cross shouldn't have been allowed to have been put in, in the first place

If the cross doesnt come in, then there's no issue of debating "he lost his man", "they tried to play offside", "Hollis was slow to move his feet" blah blah blah

IMO - the cross shouldn't have been allowed to be put in - end of!

Kerr could be decent - he's no bad in the air and fairly solid in the tackle - but his positioning and decision-making are truly woeful. That would be fine if he was playing alongside an experienced pro who could organise the defence and keep him right, similar to the Craigan/Hutch dynamic a couple of years back, but alongside Cummins, who's learning himself, it's inevitable we're going to ship goals at some point. McGinn's goal is case in point - he watched McGinn cut right across him, but chose to watch the ball instead and ran into an area where he had no hope of getting to it. I know not everyone on here rates Page, but he's miles better than Kerr in my opinion - but obviously not in McCall's.

As for why he's here, I'm pretty sure the fact that we're no paying his wages has a lot to do with it.

You are seriously needing to take a chill pill, Dewell! All of the team made mistakes on Saturday but they all played for the jersey and tried hard and nearly came away with a victory. It may not have been slick and silky but it was a good old fashioned cup tie, packed with incident. I am looking forward to the replay and before that the chance to continue our UNBEATEN run against Adams' mob on Saturday- even if Kerr is playing.

Saunders potentially away in January as McCall doesn't rate him really perplexes me about our managers judgement of a players ability.

Where you hearing this?

Saunders has barely played under McCall due to injuries.

As far as I'm aware he's currently still out injured, don't know if he's 1 that's out of contract in the summer, if not, would seem a very rash decision by McCall if true.

Its a big financial risk to take an injured player on who's been out for so long. If he doesn't get back soon then I can't see him being kept on. The medical men may even be advising against him playing for all we know? Sad but inevitable I'm afraid, although I would love to see him playing for us again.

If McCall punts Saunders he should get himself to fuck. Were struggling enough as it is thanks to his "extensive english league contacts" unearthing Ramsden + Daley. We dont need another shite ex bradford reserve wasting our shitty wage budget!

• Like 2

Must agree, for all McCall is a good manager, his scouting network is piss poor and lacks imagination. We slag Brown for trying to get as many ex Well players as he can, but the Bradford fans must say the same about McCall. The only positive thing Gannon had going for him was his eye for a player.

If McCall punts Saunders he should get himself to fuck. Were struggling enough as it is thanks to his "extensive english league contacts" unearthing Ramsden + Daley. We dont need another shite ex bradford reserve wasting our shitty wage budget!

saunders has put in some strong performances at centre back for us in the past and deserves another chance when he is match fit. if saunders is shown the door and ramsden is extended the club is clearly heading in the wrong direction.

the thought of mccall having to bring in seven or eight players next summer gives me the fear.

the word on the street is that he'll be away in january.

Really? Where to?

Can't see us releasing him because his contracts up at the end of the season and we'd be due a decent amount of compensation if he left as he's been here since he was 16. And after his injuries I can't see another team paying money for him.

And surely we're not going to let him go for free? I fucking well hope not anyway.

• Like 1

The only explanation I could see for releasing Saunders would be a concern over his track record with injuries. Even given that record, with our right back and in all probability our best centre back (in most people's opinion anyway) leaving in the summer, I reckon Saunders would be useful to have around. I don't imagine he'll be looking for a huge wage and if we could keep him fit, he's a lot better than we could afford to bring in.

For me, it'd be a poor decision to let him go...

Really? Where to?

Can't see us releasing him because his contracts up at the end of the season and we'd be due a decent amount of compensation if he left as he's been here since he was 16. And after his injuries I can't see another team paying money for him.

And surely we're not going to let him go for free? I fucking well hope not anyway.

how could we possibly get compensation? you have to offer the player a new deal to get anything.

it's more likely that mccall wants him out the door and has his eye on giving the £800 quid a week or so he's getting paid for not playing to graeme lee or paul heckingbottom.

how could we possibly get compensation? you have to offer the player a new deal to get anything.

it's more likely that mccall wants him out the door and has his eye on giving the £800 quid a week or so he's getting paid for not playing to graeme lee or paul heckingbottom.

Good point about compensation.

Still think this 'rumour' is a load of shite.

Amazing, even for a football forum, in less than a dozen posts we go from a player:

potentially leaving

to

leaving to be replaced by one of McCall's mates

to

being told he shouldn't play again because of his injury

to

McCall is an eejit for letting him go.

• Like 4

This rubbish about only signing players from Bradford really needs put to bed. By my calculation, McCall has signed eleven players since becoming manager and only four had played for him before.

Steve Jones: Brought in to provide cover short term. Did a job for peanuts.

Nicky Law: Generally considered a success.

Omar Daley: Again, I suspect not one of our higher earners. Decent cover.

Simon Ramsden: When he's played, he's looked solid. Question mark is obviously how rigorously he was tested in pre season given his prior record.

For me (and he still may prove me wrong), Ramsden is the only one that looks like a waste of money and that's down to injury.

McCall's record with transfers isn't as bad as is made out on here. Higdon, Law, Clancy and Ojaama are all considered successes. Ross, Jones, Gunning and Jeffers all came in and did a job for a short spell.

Given in his time here, we've lost Blackman, Sutton, Reynolds, Craigan and Jennings and we're still competing for a top six spot, I'd suggest he's done alright.

Stuart McCall rebuilding our side doesn't give me the fear...

• Like 8