Aberdeen V Motherwell

Davie boy

This rubbish about only signing players from Bradford really needs put to bed. By my calculation, McCall has signed eleven players since becoming manager and only four had played for him before.

Steve Jones: Brought in to provide cover short term. Did a job for peanuts.

Nicky Law: Generally considered a success.

Omar Daley: Again, I suspect not one of our higher earners. Decent cover.

Simon Ramsden: When he's played, he's looked solid. Question mark is obviously how rigorously he was tested in pre season given his prior record.

For me (and he still may prove me wrong), Ramsden is the only one that looks like a waste of money and that's down to injury.

McCall's record with transfers isn't as bad as is made out on here. Higdon, Law, Clancy and Ojaama are all considered successes. Ross, Jones, Gunning and Jeffers all came in and did a job for a short spell.

Given in his time here, we've lost Blackman, Sutton, Reynolds, Craigan and Jennings and we're still competing for a top six spot, I'd suggest he's done alright.

Stuart McCall rebuilding our side doesn't give me the fear...

Why let the facts and common sense get in the way of an argument Melvin?

McCall must go because of this rumour. Now if you'll excuse me I'm away to jump off a bridge........

This rubbish about only signing players from Bradford really needs put to bed. By my calculation, McCall has signed eleven players since becoming manager and only four had played for him before.

Steve Jones: Brought in to provide cover short term. Did a job for peanuts.

Nicky Law: Generally considered a success.

Omar Daley: Again, I suspect not one of our higher earners. Decent cover.

Simon Ramsden: When he's played, he's looked solid. Question mark is obviously how rigorously he was tested in pre season given his prior record.

For me (and he still may prove me wrong), Ramsden is the only one that looks like a waste of money and that's down to injury.

McCall's record with transfers isn't as bad as is made out on here. Higdon, Law, Clancy and Ojaama are all considered successes.

Ross, Jones, Gunning and Jeffers all came in and did a job for a short spell.

Given in his time here, we've lost Blackman, Sutton, Reynolds, Craigan and Jennings and we're still competing for a top six spot, I'd suggest he's done alright.

Stuart McCall rebuilding our side doesn't give me the fear...

All good points.

@BurnBroomfield - I've heard this rumour too. Apparently they just don't get along, nothing to do with ability. Also heard rumours about his injuries too.

Incidentally, while a decent squad player, I can't say we've missed him any time he's been injured. Hateley>Saunders IMO.

Letting a quality player go would be a mistake, no matter whoever else is leaving. I like Saunders, reckon he has a good future if he can stay clear of injuries cos when fit he's one of our better defenders.

This.

Very seldom recently have we let a young player go and they've gone on to make us regret the decision. I reckon Saunders would...

Has McCall ever talked about or advertised his 'extensive contacts'? I could be wrong but I can't remember it ever being mentioned.

McGhee on the other hand........

Our chairman when McCall got the job said the biggest thing we were looking for was sum1 with an extensive knowledge and contact list from England,McCall was number1 as he more than met those requirements! That,and the other 2 offered it said no lol

Painful at the end but would have settled for a replay prior to the match. Ideally a good performance against Ross County and sensible pricing for the replay to ensure a good noisy support to drive the boys on. We are doing well and many teams would be grateful to be still in the tie following a game at Pittodrie.

Mon the 'Well

£12 & £6 = sensible pricing. Season tickets are valid. Well done MFC. Lets get a result on Saturday and a good crowd for the replay

I saw Devlin play against Livingston and he was hopeless ,honest not taking the piss or at the wind up ....fuckin useless.

Apparently getting pelters from the fans that previously rated him very highly. Injuries must have taken their toll.

Saunders was far from the finished article but he had plenty potential and was on a par with Hutchinson when McCall arrived. Again, it sounds like his injuries have taken their toll.

1354654730[/url]' post='368550']

Apparently getting pelters from the fans that previously rated him very highly. Injuries must have taken their toll.

Saunders was far from the finished article but he had plenty potential and was on a par with Hutchinson when McCall arrived. Again, it sounds like his injuries have taken their toll.

Cant speak for devlin as not really seen him play (before or after injury) but surely it's a bit early to say that about Saunders. He's not really played in the last year. Lets see where he is after getting fit and after a run of games.

I like Saunders, think he is a very good player and hope he fully recovers. He is a player who got international recognition after a good season remember.

Saunders was never, at any point, on a par with Hutchison and his token cap had even the most happy clappy 'Well fans scratching their heads.

I feel sorry for him though- if he does make a comeback he will have no chance of living up to the romanticed wonderkid he is being remembered as on here. I can only recall the positionally unaware raw defender who was decent in the air but prone to a clanger.

• Like 2

Saunders was never, at any point, on a par with Hutchison and his token cap had even the most happy clappy 'Well fans scratching their heads.

I feel sorry for him though- if he does make a comeback he will have no chance of living up to the romanticed wonderkid he is being remembered as on here. I can only recall the positionally unaware raw defender who was decent in the air but prone to a clanger.

Indeed.

Phrases such as

"I like Saunders, I think he has a good future if he can stay clear of injuries"

"plenty potential"

"decent squad player"

"quite liked the look of Saunders at times"

really do suggest that the majority of people on here are romanticising him as a wonderkid. facepalm.gif

You know, as opposed to, a more sensible, 'quite like him, would like to see him fulfil some potential'.

• Like 1

Indeed.

Phrases such as

"I like Saunders, I think he has a good future if he can stay clear of injuries"

"plenty potential"

"decent squad player"

"quite liked the look of Saunders at times"

really do suggest that the majority of people on here are romanticising him as a wonderkid. facepalm.gif

You know, as opposed to, a more sensible, 'quite like him, would like to see him fulfil some potential'.

I think he may be getting at the person(s) who said McCall should GTF if he goes.

I can only recall the positionally unaware raw defender who was decent in the air but prone to a clanger.

On that description, exactly like Hutchinson then?

While not as powerful as Hutchinson, he's equally good in the air and with the ball at his feet. Add to that, the fact that he can play two positions (for me, he's the best right back at the club), I'd say he's a player we should be looking to keep.

Of course, this is all based on him coming back from injury and recapturing his form...

• Like 1

Love how you make Saunders out to be overrated and never on par with 'Big Hutch' then in your description of Saunders you basically just describe Hutchinson.

There is a Motherwell defender who is massively overhyped on here and it ain't Steven Saunders.