Motherwell V Ross County 08/12/12

myteam

Expecting this to be absolutely honking as a spectacle with one goal being enough to decide it . As long as its us that gets it I'll gladly endure the usual 90 mins of turgid shit we've become accustomed to at home this season .

1-0 'Well , any scorer , even an oggy will do to get a long awaited home victory .

Had to force myself to go along today but I'm coming home happy. Not only did we win it was an entertaining game for the most part.

First half I thought we played quite well and it was against the run of play when Ross County took the lead. Absolute rocket from Rocco Quinn, Hollis had no chance, no keeper would have got close to it. To our credit I didn't think it effected the match too much, we keep our heads up and equalized, good cross from Hateley, although I didn't think he had the best games overall.

Second half we scored early, far too easily from Ross County's point of view. Law just ran right through the County defence without a challenge and just passed it in.

After that you could see a look of terror on most of our guys faces and it was obvious we were shitting it about losing a lead again and guess what we sat back, lost all our composure and Ross County dominated. The equalizer had been coming for a while.

After that we picked ourselves up again and the game went from end to end. Hollis made a few good saves in the last few minutes to keep the three points.

No real stand out players but most of the team did quite well.

Great save from Hollis at the death to seal the win . Most entertaining home game for a wee while , with some good passing and forward play in spells .

Some around me not happy with the substitutions , but think they were purely to save the guys a bit for Tuesday night .

All in all a good day with the win and other results in our favour , will enjoy mt beers tonight !

Enjoyable game and delighted to come away with 3 points.

We are playing some great stuff going foreard with Higdon getting excellent support from the dynamic trio of Humphrey, Ojamaa and Murphy. Lasley meanwhile was back to his old self today and deserved to net the winner.

However, we continue to be brutal at the back, an issue which can't be addressed without the addition of an experienced head or two.

Interesting subs from McCall today. Hope the 3 that departed are fully fit for Tuesday.

Well I have to say I loved that game and thumbs up to County who came and tried to play football. I sit in the Cooper and the 2 saves from both Brown and Hollis, in the words of Paul Merson, were worldys. It's good too see Humphrey on form and Higdon's vision for a 40 yard pass in the first half was absolute sublime.

Hateley almost cost us at the end when he conceded the corner, I have no idea what he was playing at but thank god for Hollis.

Anyway I'm chuffed with 3 points in what was a fantastic game of football. We have been on a decent run of form in the league now and let's hope we can take it in to the Cup on Wednesday night. Mon the Well, it's up and up for us.

good result and great to walk out of fir park on a saturday having seen an entertaining game, it's been a while.

i've been critical of mccall for his subs recently but he got it spot on today. higdon scored a good goal then as he usually does after scoring perked up and had a good first half. derek adams made a smart change bringing munro on, he marked him out the game up there in august and dominated higdon again today. taking higdon off forced us to play the ball on the deck and county couldn't deal with our movement. higdon is obviously worth his place in the team at them moment so the challenge is to play the ball on the deck with him on the park.

that should give us a boost going into the cup tie but i think we should be looking at moving murphy up front and shoring up the midfield with either carswell or zfa. i don't see much signs of a partnership between henrik and higdon and they both have a bad habit of losing the ball so i don't think they work together well. carswell, zfa and mchugh all did well today and hopefully proved to mccall that we have players who can be trusted to contribute rather than ripping the arse out of his favourite 11 or 12.

• Like 1

How good is it to be walking out of Fir Park listening to Kool & the Gang rather than Chumba-f*ckin-wumba???

Said before it I'd take a shitty 1-0 but magic seeing some goals at FP after that barren spell & fair play to County who everyone has been slaughtering as a park the bus team. Got to say they came & had a go & just great to get the result. :drinks:

• Like 2

Perfect timing to get out of the home rut we were in. You could feel the release of weeks of tension round the stadium when the final whistle went. Great stuff.

Special mention to Hollis who yet again filled us with confidence that when Randolph inevitably goes we won't be stuck for a solid keeper. Can't wait to see his save in the last 10 seconds again. To turn it round the post from that position is absolutely incredible.

A just about deserved win over the piece I felt.

I thought we were the better side in the first half and it was to the team's credit that they didn't panic unduly when County went ahead against the run of play. Given our home record it would have been easy for them to think it was going to be yet another of those days, but they stayed calm, continued to play and got a fully merited equaliser.

Law's goal was great. From winning possession in his own half, to leaving defenders trailing in his wake to the precise finish. It was just what you hoped for at the beginning of the second half.

The disappointment was that we just didn't build on it. They took confidence from almost equalising straight away and we retreated into a shell giving the impression that we hoped we might see it out rather actually looking to make sure we won it.

The goal was coming and I feared slightly that with County already on top we might even end up with nothing. But again, good character shown to dig out the win.

I thought it was a tactical switch at the time bringing Higdon off, he had got little change out of the County defence in the second half and that the lack of a target man put the onus on us to play on the deck which clearly paid dividends. Perhaps McCall was a little too honest for his own good when he later conceded that Higdon had a knock and that's why he took him off. I'm sure plenty of managers would have kept that quiet and taken the credit.

I wasn't entirely convinced by Hollis. A couple of deep breath moments - the failure to take control of the ball before their penalty claim one that sticks in mind - but what a fucking outstanding save right at the death. Randy himself would have been proud of that. It speaks volumes the number of players who went to congratulate him on it. He remains a very capable deputy. Good enough to be first choice week in, week out? That most likely will only become clear once he's had an extended run next season.

But a great three points. Some good results elsewhere helped us too. And sets things up nicely for Tuesday!!

• Like 1