Motherwell V Aberdeen

Dazzer

Replay time troops, have your thoughts on the return match.

Same team as last match, seems to be clicking into place, keep the attacking options up front.

Good start should see us through to the next round.

Motherwell 3 Aberdeen 1

Higdon, OJ (Ojaama) For the name Police and Murphy with the goals.

• Like 1

Fear a late 2-1 defeat as Aberdeen are masters of grinding a team down.

Praying for a repeat of our Dundee Utd replay in 2011. One of the best games at FP in recent memory.

My first ever Motherwell game, I'd bite yer hand off for that kind of replay on Tuesday!

I'm predicting a 2-1 win for the good guys with us conceding first, Murphy equalizing & Higgy getting the last in the final 10 minutes.

Forecast of freezing fog for Tuesday night so there must be a bit of doubt about the game, But should all go ahead as planned, a bit like the first game, I can see it going any which way. Interesting they have lost the league games bookending the first game whilst we have won both of ours. We're the team on the up so if we could score first I think we will win, if they do they will play for the 1-0 and we will find it difficult.

This is our biggest game of the season so far, because lose this and the second half of the season will be filled with increased apathy with us out of the domestic Cups and before the festive season has even set in.

Unfortunately, I can't see us do anything other than losing this game. Aberdeen have, with the exception of a few recent matches, played some very good stuff away from home whilst we, with the exception of Saturday, have struggled badly in home games. Also, they will know how to nullify us and will set up to stop us playing whilst using their physical advantage on the break, which will work a treat for them. Also, our record against SPL sides in Cup competitions is poor and our last minute concession last weekend will give them far more confidence than it will us and for the second season in a row, Aberdeen will come to Fir Park and dump us out of the Cup.

It might well take extra time, but we are going out of the Cup this Tuesday (barring a postponement or abandonement)

1-0 Aberdeen, possibly after extra time.

• Like 1

Randolph will score the winner in the shoot out :whistling:

I've actually said a few times recently that big Randolph should be considered for regular penalty duties. Even if the opposition keeper got in the way of the ball, he would probably be in the back of the net with it.

Im pretty sure there is a few examples of keepers in various parts of the world being the designated penalty taker.

This is our biggest game of the season so far, because lose this and the second half of the season will be filled with increased apathy with us out of the domestic Cups and before the festive season has even set in.

Unfortunately, I can't see us do anything other than losing this game. Aberdeen have, with the exception of a few recent matches, played some very good stuff away from home whilst we, with the exception of Saturday, have struggled badly in home games. Also, they will know how to nullify us and will set up to stop us playing whilst using their physical advantage on the break, which will work a treat for them. Also, our record against SPL sides in Cup competitions is poor and our last minute concession last weekend will give them far more confidence than it will us and for the second season in a row, Aberdeen will come to Fir Park and dump us out of the Cup.

It might well take extra time, but we are going out of the Cup this Tuesday (barring a postponement or abandonement)

1-0 Aberdeen, possibly after extra time.

internet-warrior.jpg

• Like 2

I've actually said a few times recently that big Randolph should be considered for regular penalty duties. Even if the opposition keeper got in the way of the ball, he would probably be in the back of the net with it.

Im pretty sure there is a few examples of keepers in various parts of the world being the designated penalty taker.

Jose Luis Chilavert. Rogerio Ceni. Darren Randolph.

I'm a bit more confident about winning this in 90 minutes after our performance on Saturday along with their defeat to a woeful Hearts side. Would be tempted to put Francis Angol in from the start and move Murphy up top to partner Higdon with Ojamaa dropping out. Hopefully if we take the lead we can build on it rather than letting the opposition back into the game. 2-0 Murphy and Higdon.

I can only see something of tight, nervy slog. And I can't help thinking about how anxious the last few minutes of the ninety and/or 120 minutes could be if the tie is still alive at that stage.

They've obviously got equalisers at the death in the last two games at Pittodrie but they have done that (by that I mean have scored) quite regularly in Cup ties in recent seasons. I seem to remember late goals against St Mirren this season to take it to extra-time in the League Cup, they did the same to them last season at Paisley to earn a replay if I remember rightly and something at the back of my head tells me Dunfermline got hit at the death in a game too.

It may be we may have to show quite a bit of character from us to overcome that if we are ahead or level heading into the injury time.

I think I'd much rather we were 4-0 up and half the South Stand's three-quarters empty all things considered!!

Aberdeen's form has shaded recently, putting aside the draw with us at Pittodrie, they have lost 4 out of the last 6, including defeats at Tynecastle and Victoria Park.

On the other hand we put the poor home form to bed on Saturday and are in decent form overall undefeated in 6 with 3 wins and 3 draws.

We also have a pretty good record against Aberdeen and last season's cup defeat was a bit of an aberration, it was their only win against us since 2008.

I think we should be going into this match pretty confident. All the pointers say home win.

Its Motherwell, at Fir Park, coming off the back of scoring 3 goals. Hate to sound like MJC but the chances are we will be shite.

However, I would love us to finally hit top gear this season starting tomorrow night against this mob. Put 5 past them, get a good sing song going for Broon and their delluded fans who only a couple of weeks ago had threads on their own forums about winning the league!!