Motherwell V Aberdeen

Dazzer

Terrible draw in the Cup, honking result. No Cup football this season at THIS stage is also another major downside to the 4th round getting brought forward. Certainly killed a bit of the new year magic etc. for Ross County and Motherwell fans. Terrible decision imo.

Especially since the League Cup isn't even concluded. They should play the League Cup in the first half of the season (like they used to) and the Scottish Cup in the second half.

But this being Scottish football straight forward common sense doesn't get a look in.

Another point to make is our absolutely dismal set pieces again. Fucking awful, defending and attacking. No creativity or imagination. A high floating ball in the box everytime and never a header won.

Thought we had turned the corner in Saturday at home but its basically the same bollocks we have had to watch all season long. Really putting me off going to the games.

Also a bad day watching well fans scrapping with each other in the stands. Not nice.

Horrific collapse after losing the first goal . When that happened on Sat v Ross County we stayed composed and played our way back into the game . Tonight they completely fell apart and the remainder of the game was shambolic , with the eventual scoreline being kept respectable only by some top saves from Randolph .

Hateley was yet again poor , and Cummins positional awareness and distribution simply not good enough at this level . Only Randolph , Higdon and Humphrey , for me , did enough to earn pass marks .

Depending on what departures occur during the transfer window , I fear the season could peter out long before May comes around .

• Like 1

Piss poor performance tonight and having missed the ICT and Ross County home wins through family illness, my season ticket is shocking value for money. I have seen something like 5 goals in 11 odd games with not one win.

The problem is that there is no urgency in the team and we don't know how to break teams down. The rest of the SPL know exactly what we want to do and exactly how the stop it - that is let Motherwell tap it about, wait for a mistake and pounce on the counter. Is it a poor reflection on McCall that this has not been sorted? or are there just not the players or resources to have a Plan B? I would go with the first option.

The away form is the mitigating factor here otherwise we would be in a relegation fight playing like we have at home. Not impressed with the season to date.

1355266515[/url]' post='369099']

Shit night all round. First half we looked ok but as soon as they scored I knew that was it. Hateley hammell cummins and carswell were all woefull. Why we got rid of forbes yet kept carswell baffles me. He offers nothing to the team.

It was always going to be one of those games where we simply had to get in front if we were to stand any chance. As it was we were second best in the first half where we created nothing and never looked like scoring whilst Randolph kept us in it with two outstanding saves. As soon as they got their noses in front that was the game over and they knew it, as that is how they had set up from the off, to nullify us and nick one at the other end, which they duly did thanks to some more predicable and shoddy defending. Right from the off tonight it was clear that we had no idea how to break them down and we produced our usual aimless fannying about around the box whilst going nowhere, whilst always looking likely to concede at the other end which we inevitably did.

We are so predicable and ineffective it's unreal and we make the same basic mistakes time and time again under Mr McCall's watch.

I will not be sorry to see him and several of our current 'stars' leave Fir Park as the only way we are going with them is backwards.

I also listened to McCall on the radio and thought he was right to single out Carswell for praise. Those slating him must not really get football. As much as he didn't do anything spectacular he did not put a foot wrong. My guess isbthat his job was to sit in midfield and allow Lasley and the front 4 to try and attack. If Carswell's performance tonight was put in by Jennings last season everyone would be praising him forms solid but unspectacular game, given the circumstances of defeat.

also the guy and women on my season ticket seat in the east can take a fuck to themselves. Told several times politely that it is my seat but not one bit of acknowlegement as the pretended i didn't exist.

Very poor stuff. A really weak way to go out too and all the more disappointing given what was a fairly bright opening half hour.

Thought we started well, looked up for it and were comfortably the better side; but just hadn't quite built up enough steam to pressure Langfield in their goal.

The longer the game went though on the more it swung Aberdeen's way, even before the break they looked to have us sussed by blocking our route to goal and then trying to break fast.

For all our possession in that opening forty-five it said much that was Randolph who had to make two top notch saves to keep it level at the break.

Continued defensive frailties cost us the first and we retreated into a shell whilst Aberdeen visibly grew in confidence. I like Adam Cummins and I think that all that he'll experience will benefit us further down the line, but this is a very tough learning curve for him. But he wasn't alone in being culpable when the ball eventually got in our box.

After that we looked like rabbits caught in headlights before we returned to the first half scenario of Aberdeen allowing us to pass the ball about to little or no effect then look to capitalise when we gave it way or ran out of ideas and chose one of the staple options of hoofing to Higdon or for Humphrey to chase.

It's painful to be out, and in so weak and timid a fashion. It irritates that its those two fuckers from Pittodrie that have masterminded it again but more it hurts because we were something like 60 seconds away from the next round and we fucked it up ourselves.

We were the better team in my opinion in the 1st half. Looked comfortable on the ball.

Yet another defensive lapse, this time by Cummings cost us the goal and it was all downhill from there. We just look like we will concede in every game at the moment.

Still we are 3rd in the SPL, so some comments about the team, players and Manager are a wee bit OTT as expected.

We looked 'better' in the first half because Aberdeen were happy to let us have a bit of possession safe in the knowledge that we could do fuck all with it, whilst knowing that they were always going to get a chance or two at the other end. At no point tonight did we look as if we were going to win that game or even get in front and Aberdeen knew, that we knew, that if they scored first that would win them the game. Hence the collapse after the 1st goal.

Like others, I knew the game was up as soon as they scored tonight. Annoying thing is we looked decent in the first half without really stretching them.

Over the piece, I thought Humphrey, Carswell and Randolph had good games (obviously, like the full team, they were better in the first than the second). Others just fell slightly short of what was expected of them.

For me, the two players who had stickers were Hateley and Ojamma...

• Like 1

Really disappointed to go out the cup in that manner and this early. SFA have made a boo boo messing with the dates. Must be the lowest crowd for a Scottish Cup tie at Fir Park for sometime, albeit a midweek replay.

Also, anyone doubting Nicky Laws worth to the team though just needs to watch that back again.

We have a small squad. Even losing just one important playet really lessens our chances.

Heres hoping we can focus our efforts on the League and have a right go at 2nd spot.

I was saying to Frazzle on the way out the ground I've never seen a game change so much at half time where the scores are level and neither team have made any change to personnel or obvious one of tactics.

Aberdeen have a commodity that most teams we play don't have and that is full backs with pace which means we struggled to get Humphrey and Murphy into the game. MacGennis did a much better job on Humprhey in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st which is why our chances just about dried up. The next tactical thing they did was everytime the ball came to Higdon someone appeared from all sides to close him down meaning he couldn't spray the ball wide the way he normally does. Given they nullified him and the wingers this meant the lack of an attacking option in the middle of midfield really hurt us. Whilst he was injured and not a thing we could have done about it Law was a huge miss.

Aberdeen were so deep at time it mean we really struggled to get into a shooting position. I think we need to make a decision to take a bit of a risk in suituations like this. Aberdeen were not for coming out so passing the ball back to create space was not going to work and I felt the way to do it was to shoot on sight and hopefully a ricochet would drag them across.

The second half was dire though, no creativity, no spark, no risks taken and there just seemed a resignation to defeat, Really disappointing,

I was saying to Frazzle on the way out the ground I've never seen a game change so much at half time where the scores are level and neither team have made any change to personnel or obvious one of tactics.

Aberdeen have a commodity that most teams we play don't have and that is full backs with pace which means we struggled to get Humphrey and Murphy into the game. MacGennis did a much better job on Humprhey in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st which is why our chances just about dried up. The next tactical thing they did was everytime the ball came to Higdon someone appeared from all sides to close him down meaning he couldn't spray the ball wide the way he normally does. Given they nullified him and the wingers this meant the lack of an attacking option in the middle of midfield really hurt us. Whilst he was injured and not a thing we could have done about it Law was a huge miss.

Aberdeen were so deep at time it mean we really struggled to get into a shooting position. I think we need to make a decision to take a bit of a risk in suituations like this. Aberdeen were not for coming out so passing the ball back to create space was not going to work and I felt the way to do it was to shoot on sight and hopefully a ricochet would drag them across.

The second half was dire though, no creativity, no spark, no risks taken and there just seemed a resignation to defeat, Really disappointing,

pretty decent analysis and when you look at it like that, Billy Dodds creaming himself on the radio about browns tactical genius may be slightly justified

We've been well and truly sussed by every team in the league as to how we play at home. Fucking murder to watch.

Thought against Ross County, that Plan B - avoiding the humps up the park, getting the ball on the deck, get some urgency about our play and play a bit of football looked promising, but none of that tonight.

We mostly just piss about with the ball, pass it across the park then backwards then lose the ball, give it away or hoof it up to Higdon who mostly wins it in the air with no one around him and the other team get a hold of the ball. The inevitablilty of it is doing my fucking head in.

Fair play to Aberdeen, but as with just about every team that comes to Fir Park they have to do fuck all to get a result.

• Like 4

Some very poor performances tonight......as previously mentioned McCalls tactics at home are questionable at times to say the least.........his plan B ....Bob McHugh :dash2:

Murphy spineless at home........Ojamaa had a poor game but at least was trying to make things happen...........hope Law has a minor injury as he was sadly missed tonight.

Hutchinson and Cummins are one of the youngest centre of defence combinations we have ever had...and at times tonight were our main playmakers...but sadly at this stage in their careers....they are not Franz Beckenbauer .

Our lack of shots/tippy tappy wank boy fannying about on the edge of the box is starting to get right on my tits.......and do we evever practise

corners at training ?????

We seem to be the only team that takes a corner and within 10 seconds we are frantically defending in our own box.

The only bright spot is Francis -Angol who should be on from the start on saturday.

• Like 1