Motherwell V Aberdeen

Dazzer

Just hoping the team carry some of Saturdays passing and forward play into tonights game , although being a little more composed at the back and sitting a bit further up the park instead of inviting the opposition onto us would also be welcome !

Going for a narrow 2-1 win in a ( hopefully ) entertaining cup tie to keep our minds off what is sure to be an absolutely freezing night .

The problem isn't us sitting back per say, it's the fact we don't have a single player in defence that can organise the defence to make it a workable tactic. If we could do that even basic component of defending we could easily sit back and play on the counter - and against a team like Aberdeen it would be such an easy game as they're not a very good side, certainly not as good as the media have stated recently, or some of the people on here.

Got no doubt that we should be beating the Sheep, home or away, but I reckon tonight will way too close :ph34r:

Has to be said though that I'm a lot more positive after Saturday's display, especially 1st half - we knocked the ball about well, as we often do, but it seemed to have a sense of purpose about it on Sat.

Not sure who I'd drop, but I thought Angol did enough to be well in contention for a start, and for me it'd be in front of Hammy again - let Hammy do his job and FZA can power on

Whoever plays, cannae wait

MON RA DOSSERS :yahoo:

i think it'll be a close game either way but if were positive and play at pace then i think we'll do the business but if its all to slow and scrappy then that will benefit them.we never really got going against them last season in the cup game we cant afford to let that happen again

Tough game. 1-0 to us. Murphy.

Just saw this on twitter. @SPLstats: In 11 Scottish Cup games* between Motherwell and Aberdeen, the only win for the home side was a Well victory in March 1958. *(excl. neutral)

In last 5 years in the league we have won 9, lost 3 and drawn 7.

None of which has any bearing on tonight's game.

Absolutely dreading this tonight. If we are to have any chance then we simply must score the first goal because if we have to chase the game they will shut us down and we will have no answer to it. Our midfield and defence will also have to be at the very top of their game if we are to avoid trudging out of the ground with the muffled tones of Chumbawumba ringing in our ears.