Motherwell V Aberdeen

Dazzer

This was a big game for us in more ways than one and we don't seem to do big games ,brilliant in the run of the mill games but crunch ,cup, and old firm games were posted missing. Still a lot of footie to be played but I always think the season falls a wee bit flat when we go out the cups. Ah well mabey next year.

Started off OK, had a couple of decent efforts but sadly didn't take any of them. After that we struggled to create but we were hardly being outplayed.

Second half, especially after the goal, we just fell apart. The defence that had coped OK up to that point just totally collapsed. Aberdeen started to over run us in midfield and pretty much controlled the match from then on, although Higdon missed a sitter to equalise just a few minutes after Fallon's goal.

From then on it was down to Randolph to keep the score respectable.

We were poor right down the spine of the team with the exception of Randolph. Hutchy needs experience beside him, not him being the experienced one! Cummins just isn't good enough to play at this level.

The same could be said in midfield, Carswell was completely anonymous. And Higdon and Ojamaa were both absolutely shocking tonight. Time and time again Humphrey, who was probably our best outfield player, was the player furtherest forward and playing balls into areas with no Motherwell players present. It was as if Higdon and Ojamaa were playing a game of World Cup and weren't allowed to go into the 18 yard box! You need to get into the box and we just didn't do it tonight.

We badly missed Nicky Law and our squad just isn't strong enough at the moment to deal with losing one or two important players. It really puzzles me that Kerr has been brought in when we so badly need an experienced player. And no offense to Kerr but nothing suggests that he completely outshines Johnny Page.

Another year, another cup exit. I'm beginning to think I might never see a victory again.

• Like 1

Season does deflate when you 100% know for certain that a Cup win is gone for another year. Number crunchers will be less than happy with the amount of money we have lost from a potential domestic Cup run or two. McCall needs a very good placing in the league for finances and probably his own standing if he is looking to move on himself.

Terrible draw in the Cup, honking result. No Cup football this season at THIS stage is also another major downside to the 4th round getting brought forward. Certainly killed a bit of the new year magic etc. for Ross County and Motherwell fans. Terrible decision imo.

Season over as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't care less if we qualify for Europe or not, as that is a level way beyond our reach and with this current crop and manager there is no point even playing 'big' games.

No point in commenting on these forums either then...

• Like 5

Tonight was always going to be a struggle against a well organised Aberdeen team. Without the craft of Law, it was almost impossible.

Fair play to Brown for nullifying the threat of our wingers but it's far from rocket science. Hammell, Higdon and Ojamma didn't look sharp at all but performances like tonight are always likely with such a thin squad. -

Shame to be knocked out another cup so tamely but the next 4 games could shape our season. Good results at Easter Road and Paisley and our cup exploits will soon be forgotten about.

Mention to Reynolds, strolled through the game.

Thought the first 15mins we looked really good. Springing attacks at Aberdeen from all areas of the park. Then it all went wrong. In the space of 4 days we have forgotten how to shoot. I think their keepers first save was on 78minutes. Not good enough Motherwell!!

Maybe its just me, but i thought Higgy had a good game. Won the majority of balls to him and kept looking to link up play.

As much as im an Ojamma fan, he wasnt at the races today& shouldv been hooked at half time.

Hately was woeful for the 3rd home game on the spin& needs a rest or a boot in the baws

Cummins may be one for the future but hes not ready now. Costs us at least a goal a game

Hutchy had a few brain farts but showed some fight and kept trying to get involved further& further up the park.

Lasley, Carswell& Murphy anonymous

Humphrey had another decent game though Aberdeen were doubling up on him.

Randolph, thank fuck we have him. Easy our MOTM, probably stopped it being 5-1!

Pish and baltic!

Just goes to show how shite a night that was when a scum bag Aberdeen fan walking past the queue for the east stand singing about Phil O'Donnell didn't make me anywhere near as angry as I was an hour or so later. Totally gutless performance and the players should be ashamed, I counted 2 shots on goal for us (3 if you include the penalty). Higdon and Hutchinson were the only two that made any form of effort. Ojamaa is a fuckin imposter.