Stuart Mccall - Your Time Is Up

MJC_MKI

No doubt I'll get the usual standard responses to this but I stand by what I say and mean it 100%.

Stuart McCall is a poor, poor manager who is tactically inept, struggles to motivate the team and for the life of him cannot change a game when things aren't going according to his 'Plan A'. His line ups and tactical set ups are largely predictable and as soon as soon as things aren't going to plan he has absolutely no idea what to do to change things. Ask yourself this, in Stuart McCall's time in charge, has he ever been able to change a game, ONE GAME, that has been going against us? I think you'll find the answer is no.

We did well to reach the Cup Final in 2010/11 and we did well last season, but we were lucky and we did what we did in spite of McCall, not because of him and the longer he remains with us, the more backward we will go.

And finally, I know, I KNOW, that "we aren't Barcelona/Real Madrid/Man Utd, or even Celtic" and nor do I expect us to be. But what I do expect is for the team and the manager to give their all in every single game and not make the same, predicable and basic errors time and time and time again.

I'm sorry to anyone whom this 'offends', but I've had it with McCall and it's time for a change. To whom, I don't know, but we need a change of regime and soon.

No doubt I'll get the usual standard responses to this but I stand by what I say and mean it 100%.

Stuart McCall is a poor, poor manager who is tactically inept, struggles to motivate the team and for the life of him cannot change a game when things aren't going according to his 'Plan A'. His line ups and tactical set ups are largely predictable and as soon as soon as things aren't going to plan he has absolutely no idea what to do to change things. Ask yourself this, in Stuart McCall's time in charge, has he ever been able to change a game, ONE GAME, that has been going against us? I think you'll find the answer is no.

We did well to reach the Cup Final in 2010/11 and we did well last season, but we were lucky and we did what we did in spite of McCall, not because of him and the longer he remains with us, the more backward we will go.

And finally, I know, I KNOW, that "we aren't Barcelona/Real Madrid/Man Utd, or even Celtic" and nor do I expect us to be. But what I do expect is for the team and the manager to give their all in every single game and not make the same, predicable and basic errors time and time and time again.

I'm sorry to anyone whom this 'offends', but I've had it with McCall and it's time for a change. To whom, I don't know, but we need a change of regime and soon.

Like my post on the other thread I agree with the overall sentiment of no plan B and im not filled with optimism for the rest of the season but I think for him to go now is far too early. Like it or not somehow we are 3rd in a tight division and have done well to qualify for Europe and reach a cup final. I do agree that performances in the big games are missing every time though.

McCall out is premature. I would actually be quite interested to see if he could freshen and improve the squad on a tight budget at the end of the season and even what happens in January. Give it til this time next year and if we are in the position where we are still mince at home and also mince away with no improvement in the big games then it might be time upm

Well his transfer market record doesn't fill me with much hope and it gives me the fear to think of him having to undertake an almost complete rebuilding job of the squad in the summer, something which is a distinct possibility. Players like Ramsden, Daley & Kerr have been poor signings for us and all three by McCall. Ojamaa has been largely 'hit and miss' mostly 'miss'.

I'm sorry, but we need radical change at the club, starting at the management level.

Ask yourself this, in Stuart McCall's time in charge, has he ever been able to change a game, ONE GAME, that has been going against us? I think you'll find the answer is no.

Eh, hows about Sat :blink: We were never winning that game, playing long balls to Higdon He brought on Angol n Mchugh and played round them, rather than to Ross Tokelys heed!

• Like 3

We can't afford radical change, and in suggesting radical change, what do you actually mean? Genuine question, as opposed to having a go.

This season feels a lot like McGhee's second. Players and potentially management as well appear a bit distracted, and we've never really gotten over a couple of results earlier in the season. We're short of a couple of bodies and we're stumbling through it a bit.

I wouldn't back any shout for McCall to go, to be honest, because other than 'doing better in the cup', I'm not sure what else he could've done for us as a manager. He took us to a cup final, he took us into the Champions League, he's given us some fine times and his greatest flaw appears to be the raised expectations that we now have.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I don't agree.

Well his transfer market record doesn't fill me with much hope and it gives me the fear to think of him having to undertake an almost complete rebuilding job of the squad in the summer, something which is a distinct possibility. Players like Ramsden, Daley & Kerr have been poor signings for us and all three by McCall. Ojamaa has been largely 'hit and miss' mostly 'miss'.

I'm sorry, but we need radical change at the club, starting at the management level.

You have no suggestions who we could bring in as manager then?

I agree on Kerr (and preferred Page) Ramsden my jury is still out on, and I think Daley is a bit of a 5 minute cameo pariah. On the other side you have Law and Ojamaa. Law is a cracking player and Ojaama even when not on form gives us a good direct and sometimes selfish edge we need.

To be honest I don't mind if we get beat now and again, as long as I am entertained. That's certainly not happening at home and something needs to change.

You have no suggestions who we could bring in as manager then?

Obviously options are thin on the ground and there would be the obvious issues of who we could afford etc.

However I would like to see Jimmy Calderwood given the job. He is a proven SPL manager who's track record suggests that he knows how to get the right players in and how to get the best out of them. His record at Dunfermline and also at Aberdeen fully supports that view IMO.

game when things aren't going according to his 'Plan A

Some of the best teams in the world only have a "plan a".

in Stuart McCall's time in charge, has he ever been able to change a game, ONE GAME, that has been going against us? I think you'll find the answer is no.

Our second half performance against Hibernian in the re-arranged game was night and day from our first half. If the manager takes the blame for the crap performances then he has to be entitled to take the plaudits for the change in performances.

Backwards? We're the only team bar Celtic that are doing what we've been doing since McCall was in charge. We're above Hibs and Aberdeen, both having excellent seasons, and we're behind a team that we're leading 9-2 on aggregate in two games.

• Like 1

McCall seems like a nice enough guy but I don't really rate him as a manager.

I could sit here and type out a list of what I think are legitimate complaints about Stuart McCall, I think his transfer record is patchy, I think he's released players that should still be at Fir Park, I think he is tactically limited, I think he is a negative coach, I think he is not a manager who dares to dream.

However you can hardly be taken seriously to suggest Stuart McCall's time is up when we are sitting third in the league, after finishing 2nd last season.

You can't sack a manager for losing a cup match. Overall we have done pretty well with McCall in charge. Like I said, personally, I have my doubts about him and think a significant number of factors that have lead to that relative success are outside of McCall's managerial ability but that's just my opinion.

I think we could struggle badly next season if we lose a significant number of our better players but until we are actually struggling badly sacking McCall shouldn't be an option.

It does worry me that the appalling home record could drive fans away when we desperately need bodies through the turnstiles but you have to remember our home form is only half of the story.

• Like 2

MJC - do you go to away games? Just interested. I haven't been to an away game all season for various circumstances but I think I would feel less scunnered if I had.

Jimmy Calderwood might be a solid if uninspired choice. He's been out the game a while now hasn't he?

McCall will have earned a contract extension providing he signs one. In a very tight league ill be interested to see who if anyone he can bring in next summer. ICT have done very well out of free transfers who can't be on more than out players.

@Wellfan1984, I'll say it again, what we've done in McCall's time here has been inspite of him not because of him.

So....

All the good work done = because of the players....

All the bad work done = Because of the manager....

And your answer is Jimmy "fucking" Calderwood :doh:

• Like 5

1355273154[/url]' post='369163']

So....

All the good work done = because of the players....

All the bad work done = Because of the manager....

And your answer is Jimmy "fucking" Calderwood :doh:

No. I'd put the 'good work' down to good luck rather than anything else.

Obviously options are thin on the ground and there would be the obvious issues of who we could afford etc.

However I would like to see Jimmy Calderwood given the job. He is a proven SPL manager who's track record suggests that he knows how to get the right players in and how to get the best out of them. His record at Dunfermline and also at Aberdeen fully supports that view IMO.

I'd suggest this would be a massive step backwards for us. For me, the number of jobs that have come up in the SPL and the number of times he doesn't appear to be close to getting the job tells its own story. He left Aberdeen in a dreadful state, and comes across as a chap of fairly limited abilities and dour football.

If we're talking radical change, I'd have thought the obvious style to copy would be Kilmarnock's, who unceremoniously ditch JC in order to follow a different path. They're playing football the fans enjoy, they're developing better players and instilling a style throughout the club from top to bottom on a shoe string budget.

Motherwell may well be doing this as well, and don't have as prominent a mouthpiece as Shiels telling everyone about it, but that's what I'd be looking for. As I said in previous posts though, I'd stick with McCall in any case.

overall i think mccall has done a good job for us but there is things about him that annoy me mainly his tactics and lack of plan b at times.its easy enough to say change the manager but right now im more pissed off at the players than anybody else theyve fucked up both cup compititions by putting in 2 woeful peformances.id be careful what you wish for cause the finances at the club right now were most likely gonna end up with a dud like mcpherson if mccall was to leave

However you can hardly be taken seriously to suggest Stuart McCall's time is up when we are sitting third in the league, after finishing 2nd last season.

Second last year, third this year. That's the most important thing.

Anyone who thinks that McCall has to go is obviously wrong.

• Like 1

While we've done quite well getting to a cup final and finishing 2nd it was more down to having a decent starting 11 and not too many injuries rather than McCalls managerial ability.For me he's an average manager at best, he leaves it far too long to make changes when it's clearly not working and his record in big games is awful but who else is there?Jimmy Calderwood is the type of manager you bring in when you're in a relegation battle and need somebody to tighten things up and give them a kick up the arse, he's not exactly likely to take us forward from where we are just now and as long as we're near the top then there's really no point in changing it.

• Like 1

When did we finish 2nd? IIRC, we were feart to have a go at Rangers and chase the 900k windfall.

I had a go at McCall a few months ago but to be fair he has turned it round to an extent. Performances like last night will always happen when we don't replace experience like Jennings and Clancy. And for that reason, we didn't have a hope in hell of doing well in the cup this year.

But what I do expect is for the team and the manager to give their all in every single game

Butcher had his Motherwell team giving their all in every game. Would you rather be fannying about at the bottom of the league avoiding relegation on a technicality, or competing every season for European places?

Also, should we get rid of McCall for finishing - Cup Final, 3rd, and now sitting 3rd in the league, do we turn into Chelsea and tell the new man his remit and the only way to continue in the job is to win the league??

• Like 1

McCall shouldn't be getting his jotters anytime soon unless something drastic happens over the next few months. At the end of the season his performance should be assessed and decisions made accordongly. Given that we've been papped out of the Champions League, Europa League, the League Cup and now the Scottish Cup with barely a whimper, anything outside the European places makes this a shite season as far as I'm concerned.