Stuart Mccall - Your Time Is Up

MJC_MKI

Is that the same type of manager that has seen his team be spanked 4-1 and 5-1 in two games against a team that is shit and has a shit manager.... according to some on here :huh:

Yes and it's also the same manager who has beaten both Celtic and Rangers this year, won important cup games and sitting 2nd in the league. Can see his point(for a change)!

Not saying I want Smc out but I think your point is moot!

But as of right now Stuart McCall has achieved a cup final and third in the league over a season where Terry has done neither of those things in twice the time. Different managers, different strengths and different weaknesses and even a different philosophy in the boardroooms. Lets bookmark this one and compare again in May, Bet you we won't feel thaht shortchanged.

Not saying I am short changed just proving a tit for tat point.

You maybe don't win anything for beating the OF, apart from 3 pts or a place in the next round of the cup!!! But it certainly gives a bit of added joy.

One of my favourite seasons as a well fan was the year we finished bottom. Exciting, entertaining, pumped Hearts Rangers and Celtic, finished bottom. It's a funny game but I enjoyed that football a hell of a lot more than I've enjoyed our games at Fir Park this year.

Same old shite, when we get beaten virtually every player and the manager is shit and should get to fuck, and this thread starts getting some posts again.

When we win we are back to being the mutts nuts, and it all goes quiet.

Here's a though, maybe we are doing well having McCall and will be lucky if he signs another contract.

Some of you fuckers have been spoilt with what we have achieved in the past few years, just wait until we go on a real slump, and by fuck I've seen a few of them. We'll look back on this as some of the glory years, dry your fucking eyes and get behind the team and manager, after what they have achieved over the last few years I think that they deserve it.

• Like 4

You enjoyed it more because we were in it together, when we pumped Hearts we had won 2 games out of 17 and drawn 3 and had 9 points, we couldn't call for Butcher's head because no other cunt could do the job. The season we finished bottom we deserved to, we were pish, but pish with a cause to fight for.

McCall is going nowhere and there is no crisis as MJC would have us believe. As long as we are in the top third of the table, that's darn good. I think McCall is pretty much getting all he can out of this bunch. And lets face it, the talent pool is pretty shallow for us given the league we are in and the financial constraints we are under. It's tough to be consistent given those factors.

That said, perhaps he could be a bit more creative...but without a wealth of talent and reserves that can change a game upon entry, I'm not so sure there's too much he can do. Where I think he can make a difference is lighting a fire under his so called leaders. Unfortunately he does not seem to have the fiery personality to do that. As much as McCall, I blame Lasley for lack of on-field leadership. A stronger personality needs to step up, as it's not just upon the manager to demand accountability.

All in all, no big complaints from me about McCall. And to anyone saying the season is over, doom and gloom because we are out of the Cup(s), settle down and see how 2013 plays out. Chasing a European spot is still an exciting goal for us.

Edited by Scrap Iron

We should accept that some people who post on this board are not very intelligent. Does that sound condescending? Perhaps, but maybe the people who find it so are the same people that post the bile and shout useless *unt at players. Nobody deserves that abuse in any form of employment but it seems to be acceptable because we’ve paid our money and we’re entitled to our opinion. Everyone gets upset if we feel that someone is having a bad game or not doing what seems obvious to everyone sitting in the stands. However, we all know how much easier the game looks from there. Anyone who has ever played will understand that you don’t always see the obvious pass, gap or the onrushing opponent from behind.

The term ‘Supporter’ to me means exactly that. Proper supporters get behind their team and encourage when things are not going so well. Try it some time and you may be surprised at the outcome.

We should accept that some people who post on this board are not very intelligent. Does that sound condescending? Perhaps, but maybe the people who find it so are the same people that post the bile and shout useless *unt at players. Nobody deserves that abuse in any form of employment but it seems to be acceptable because we've paid our money and we're entitled to our opinion. Everyone gets upset if we feel that someone is having a bad game or not doing what seems obvious to everyone sitting in the stands. However, we all know how much easier the game looks from there. Anyone who has ever played will understand that you don't always see the obvious pass, gap or the onrushing opponent from behind.

The term 'Supporter' to me means exactly that. Proper supporters get behind their team and encourage when things are not going so well. Try it some time and you may be surprised at the outcome.

whatever do you mean??

do you not realise that we have the best coaches and scouts in the world sitting in the east stand? :wallbash:

This thread is madness. We're pissed off and frustrated at going out the cup, especially to Aberdeen, and the home results are bad with performances being worse, but the manager sacked? Behave yersels!!

Some folk must have rose tinted spectacles as the season we finished bottom, despite the notable highlights, was soul destroying. The current fanbase couldnae take a season like that, nevermind a finish outside the top 6.

This thread is madness. We're pissed off and frustrated at going out the cup, especially to Aberdeen, and the home results are bad with performances being worse, but the manager sacked? Behave yersels!!

Some folk must have rose tinted spectacles as the season we finished bottom, despite the notable highlights, was soul destroying. The current fanbase couldnae take a season like that, nevermind a finish outside the top 6.

Nope I well remember walking out of a good few games that season thinking I got my money's worth cos the team gave their all. We don't need to win for me to enjoy what's happening in front of me, good honest commmitment goes a long way, if we're not good enough then so fuck, we tried our best and need to try and improve. I can honestly say I enjoyed that season more than many better seasons cos we had a cause to fight for and it felt like we were all in it together, contrast to now where we're having a decent season thus far yet many are thoroughly pissed off at losing certain matches, or the manner we lost to be more accurate. Thinking back to auld Granpa Broons time in charge, turgid fitba' yet we won fairly regularly, walked out after victories going "That wis fuckin' murder", I'd say that was more soul destroying.

I can honestly say I enjoyed that season more than many better seasons cos we had a cause to fight for and it felt like we were all in it together

Exactly the point though. It wasn't about the football on the pitch (which was far more often than not, just dire).

ok.....thought some more about this, for those who are not in the McCall camp, lets say they get their way and he doesnt sign a new contract.

What then? Who do we go for? Who is going to want to come in and try and deal with a club who is losing half their first team and another possible budget cut

Someone suggested Jimmy Calderwood - would he seriously do better?

I think some people's expectation levels are way through the roof. I also think if our home /away record was reversed - this wouldn't even be getting discussed.

What does concern me though, is if people's attitudes are as they are now - what will they be like when we are in a dogfight next season?

I do agree, that our home performances are not the best and I think the club need to do "something", because if our performances continue as they are - the people who they NEED to come through the turnstyles are not going to be there

Never been a fan of McCall but it wasn't him that failed miserably against Aberdeen the other night - too many of the players just didn't seem to fancy it.

I am all for having good footballers in the side but at present (Lasley apart) there's not much steel in the Steelmen who are prepared to roll the sleeves up and battle.

Same old steelmenonline shite that has been spouted for years.

Someone makes a post that the "forum elite" do not like and the worthy posters are queueing up to lambast anyone who does not share their view.

Gonna be a bugger if we finish behind ICT in tje league with their manager who is not as good as SMC !

• Like 1

Nope I well remember walking out of a good few games that season thinking I got my money's worth cos the team gave their all. We don't need to win for me to enjoy what's happening in front of me, good honest commmitment goes a long way, if we're not good enough then so fuck, we tried our best and need to try and improve. I can honestly say I enjoyed that season more than many better seasons cos we had a cause to fight for and it felt like we were all in it together, contrast to now where we're having a decent season thus far yet many are thoroughly pissed off at losing certain matches, or the manner we lost to be more accurate. Thinking back to auld Granpa Broons time in charge, turgid fitba' yet we won fairly regularly, walked out after victories going "That wis fuckin' murder", I'd say that was more soul destroying.

remember we played Livingston first game of the season that year ,took a great away support and although we lost 3-2 after being 3 -0 down in the first half the players were given a standing ovation at the end of the game. I haven't been to firpark this season and won't be back till the wee Ranger and his fuckin arsehole sidekick get tae fuck. Think that should be clear enough for all the personality's on here.

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as being 'a sackable offence' but I think he has taken us as far as he possibly can and can do no more. Like I say, he's been lucky over the past two years but he is not the man to rebuild the squad, in my opinion anyway.

Right MJC i am going to ask you a straightforward question ? Who in your opinion was our best manager since you became a member of this forum ?

Anyone but Tommy McLean would be my reply for his replacement. I hated the little tartan rug wearing, hampster chopped bastard - not to mention his bigot brother in arms Forsyth.

Yet another big picture bottle merchant. 7 points from 12 would have won us the league, yet the bigot from Ashgill shit the nest.

McCall has beeb shown to be tactically naive in every major one off game he ever managed a team in. Time for him to move on to "better" things and for the rest of us to applaud his fellow Rangers companion TB for his achievement at ICT on an eve tighter shoestring than we have at FP.

Anyone but Tommy McLean would be my reply for his replacement. I hated the little tartan rug wearing, hampster chopped bastard - not to mention his bigot brother in arms Forsyth.

Yet another big picture bottle merchant. 7 points from 12 would have won us the league, yet the bigot from Ashgill shit the nest.

McCall has beeb shown to be tactically naive in every major one off game he ever managed a team in. Time for him to move on to "better" things and for the rest of us to applaud his fellow Rangers companion TB for his achievement at ICT on an eve tighter shoestring than we have at FP.

And tommy won the most important game in our recent history !! obviously your a fuckwit !

MJC - do you go to away games? Just interested. I haven't been to an away game all season for various circumstances but I think I would feel less scunnered if I had.

Jimmy Calderwood might be a solid if uninspired choice. He's been out the game a while now hasn't he?

McCall will have earned a contract extension providing he signs one. In a very tight league ill be interested to see who if anyone he can bring in next summer. ICT have done very well out of free transfers who can't be on more than out players.

Jimmy Calderwood is a clown, trust me.

• Like 2

Fuck right off! One season wonder who walked away rather than try and build a new team. Mind you, maybe just as well as his first piece of the jigsaw was Michael Fraser...

To be fair to MJC and to McGhee, his '3rd' season is easily the best football I've seen in claret and amber since I've followed them (c1993).

Unless there is a sudden sutained increase in our gates, or a fairer distribution of money in the SPL, then there will be no additional funds to use on purchasing players and that will be no different from the vast majority of SPL clubs. Even if there is a "saleable" asset the days of £1M+ deals are gone.

We've been down the "throw money at big names" route and we're lucky still to be here.

As weesacs pointed out we will be up against League 2 and Conference Leagues trying to get players and depending on their personal circumstances they might not want to uproot their families and move.

I can see a year (or possibly more) of pain whilst we "blood" youngsters with perhaps the odd journeyman to provide experience and in one way that might benefit us in the longer term.

McCall is on a hiding to nothing, the team he puts out is basically our strongest 11 with nobody on the bench that offers anything to change a match.

Spot on coldonmac, 'till we get more fans old & new to return to FP and fill the coffers so whoever the manager is should be able to get better players, the East Stand would get rebuilt, and even then some numpties would moan about that tae, why is it that when the team plays away the traveling support, support the TEAM, yet when they play at FP players are singled out for ABUSE and then come on here and blame McCall et al,

You can only do what you can do when there is NO money, so I say well done to the fans, the board, Leeann Dempster, Stuart McCall and ALL the playing staff for keeping this great club competitive over the past few years.