Stuart Mccall - Your Time Is Up

MJC_MKI

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs & Dundee Utd have double our resources, but we manage to get results against them in run of the mill games.

Take Aberdeen for example. They are a far bigger club than we are with a support which dwarfs our own and far greater resources at their disposal. Yet they haven't beaten us in the SPL since 2008, which is quite an incredible statistic. However, in arguably the two biggest encounters in that time we have failed to turn up and they have got the better of us. Why is that then? Could we not handle the pressure with a Semi Final at stake last year and a very winnable 5th Round tie this season? Who knows, but I wouldn't be atall surprised if we beat Aberdeen in the league on Boxing Day.

I will repeat that every manager since 1991 has lost a 'big cup' match and a lot of them we have failed to turn up in so it is not a problem exclusive to Stuart McCall.

We had a raw side which you just never knew what was going to happen next

You're confusing raw with poor. That team was relegation fodder and would have struggled to get back into the SPL.

People enjoyed that team because we were surviving administration - the fact that we were still alive gave fans a different perspective.

Put that same team out now with the same results and this place would be in flames.

• Like 2

Yes I fully accept that. However I repeat again that under McCall's watch we never seem to learn our lessons and make the same basic mistakes over and over again.

We have played in six domestic cup matches in 2012 and won only two of them, against lower league opposition. In that sequence we have been bumped twice by an Aberdeen side with several key players out, conceded a preventable last minute goal at Pittodrie when we had one foot in the next round and had shite visibly running down our legs when we took on a 'Rangers' side in the League Cup who's best players were sitting in the stands.

Do you not see what I'm getting at here? We make the same basic mistakes time and again and we never learn from them, and all of the above have happened under McCall's watch.

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as being 'a sackable offence' but I think he has taken us as far as he possibly can and can do no more. Like I say, he's been lucky over the past two years but he is not the man to rebuild the squad, in my opinion anyway.

we struggled last night because the last four guys mccall brought in are offering nothing and the squad is on it's arse.

If you think Ojamaa offers nothing, then you're not watching the games. I could even argue that Ramsden and Kerr offer something, but I'd be wasting my breath.

Also, anyone who wants the likes of Jimmy Calderwood in to manage Motherwell needs their head checked.

I'd like to see another manager brought in a Terry Butcher type to get us to grow a pair in the bigger games in which we inevitably get pumped and as for our record against the Mould firm dont get me started. So in answer to the thread YES time for a change.We're far too easily beaten in many games and we have several crap players. <_>

I'd like to see another manager brought in a Terry Butcher type to get us to grow a pair in the bigger games in which we inevitably get pumped and as for our record against the Mould firm dont get me started. So in answer to the thread YES time for a change.We're far too easily beaten in many games and we have several crap players. <_>

We're that easily beaten we are 3rd in the League.

There is more to football than beating Celtic or Sevco.

• Like 1

McCall's signings so far.

Gunning - Short term signing. Did a good enough job that another SPL club came in for him.

Jones - Short term signing. Offered an option for the bench for peanuts.

Jeffers - Added a touch of class that helped us get to the cup final.

Law - A success.

Clancy - Again enough of a success that another SPL club came in for him.

Higdon - A success.

Daley - On peanuts, cover on bench. Has won us some games but never likely to be a regular starter.

Hughes - Failure.

Ojaama - I'm not a fan but generally most fans think he has something to offer.

Ramsden - Jury's out for me. Has looked solid but can he stay fit?

Kerr - Not convinced. Obviously replaced Page and looks more comfortable at full back than Page. At centre back, he's struggled. Never had a run of games though.

So why are some not convinced that McCall is the man to rebuild?

I know this is a rehash of a previous post of mine but MJC seems to rehash his old material...

A mad thread in my opinion..

Just a quick question to those wanting McCall out-

What exactly are your expectations?

Just remember 3rd in league, out cups (grimly granted) to Rangers and Aberdeen, both have bigger playing budgets than ours so...

What exactly are your expectations?

If we're being completely honest most of MJC's criticisms are valid. But the only manager I can think of that we have had who probably didn't have these faults was Jim Gannon and we were fast turning into a disaster because he was a prick and the players didn't want to play for him. So to argue that we have done well in spite of McCall just doesn't wash with me. If he wasn't good enough he would not have ended last season where we did.

People say we have an issue with bottle in big games and I put to you that this notion is bullshit. We maybe have an issue in games the fans would love us to win against teams that are better than us but just about every big game against a team at our level last season we won. v Dunfermline when we hadn't won for ages at home - won 3-1. The weekend after St Johnstone who had been on a great run came to Fir Park - beat them. Hearts were challenging, came to Fir Park - beat them. Hibs came to Fir Park for a game in hand and chance for us to open up a huge lead in 3rd - beat them, St Johnstone to give us a commanding lead on 3rd last game after 1 point from 12 - beat them. Hearts to secure our berth in the Champions League - beat them. Even the season before the cup quarters and semis were huge games - won 3-0. Our temprement was excellent.

Ever since McGhee was here MOtherwell, from the outside, appear to have had a policy in getting as good a starting line up as we can and in turn forfeiting a bit of ability back up wise. By remaining pretty clear from suspension and injury we came third in 2008 and again in 2012. This season we have lost a couple of key players and have not been as lucky with injury and suspension. If this is a calculated risk I'm all for it if means we have a super season one in four or five and the others are all right. But you have to remember that limits the manager's ability to change a game and have a plan B.

The signing record is decent as Melvin has outlined and our results satisfactory littered with annoying disappointments, especialy at home.

McCall is still learning as a manager and I'm sure he would tell you that himself but I don't think with the club and spending ability we have we can expect to do much better,

• Like 3

For me McCall has earned the right to a new contract that the club seem keen for him to sign.

I do wonder how much more realistically he might hope he can achieve at Fir Park mind you. When you've lead a Motherwell side to successive top half finishes, a Cup Final and European football then you've got pretty close to the summit of what any 'Well boss would hope for I suspect.

I wonder what his ambition and motivation will be going forward. Does he foresee the task of rebuilding the team as an exciting challenge for example? Is he looking longer term still and building a team from scratch focusing on homegrown talent?

Clearly not every manager is suited to or has any desire to do that. McGhee clearly didn't have the stomach for it. Tommy McLean spoke of building three different Motherwell teams in his decade at the club. Does McCall aspire to something similar?

It's obvious we are very adept at playing the way we currently play, i.e. pass the ball into the net via wide players or hoof to higgy or humph.

I am a Manager, I am paid to Manage my team, part of this is to identify and implement changes and solutions to problems when things are not working and we are not achieving the results.

Should the Manager of the football team not do the same,

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

How is Daley's wage known? Whatever he is getting is far too much.

I would suggest that being released by Bradford would suggest that he wouldn't be in a position to demand too high a salary.

He's decent to have on the bench. Played a big part in a couple of good away wins last season...

Is that the same type of manager that has seen his team be spanked 4-1 and 5-1 in two games against a team that is shit and has a shit manager.... according to some on here :huh:

• Like 1