Stuart Mccall - Your Time Is Up

MJC_MKI

I honestly can't believe another McCall out thread has been made. MJC you say Mark Mcghee was the better manager I can agree to an extent on football style as I thought it was fantastic to watch at times.

But did he get us to a Cup Final and Semi Final without John Boyle loosening his purse strings? McGhee did get us 3rd but we finished in the bottom six in his second season. However McCall got us 3rd last season and we are in the mix of doing the same this season with a weaker side than 5 years ago.

I can't comment on much of this season as I have only been to one game but you have to give McCall credit for what he has done under difficult circumstances e.g. smaller wage bill

There's always someone who needs to be blamed at Motherwell

If I ran this forum I'd start banning persistently negative posters. There's nothing wrong with criticism when it's due but MJC is the absolute worst contributer to this site. His negative rep is at about -200 which says it all really. If he's actually at the wind up he's fucking good at it. At least Ice Rink was funny and he got banned!

Agreed. I barely read the Club Chat section any more. It doesn't seem to matter if we win or lose, it's just full of ridiculous negativity.

People come back with claims that they're entitled to criticise and don't want to be happy-clappy. Fair enough. However, the scale of the criticism is truly incredible, especially when stock is taken over our current position in the league.

I used to enjoy MJC's posts and couldn't understand why some people became so wound up by him. No-one wants to read pages of blind optimism and I thought he (I assume he?) was a voice of realism more often than not. However, as has been alluded to by others, he has become a cliche of himself, fuelled by the reactions of others. He's become a minor celebrity, perhaps in his mind at least, for airing outrageous views.

Then you've got others, such as Dewell, who seem to have no consideration for the situation and economic climate that we find ourselves in.

Comparisons with managers even as recent as McGhee are completely irrelevant as McCall doesn't have the privilege of having John Boyle personally funding a key signing or two. Budgets have been slashed, key players have left us, we have to field inexperienced youngsters in our defensive line - and yet we're still in the top six of the league.

Look, the fear we showed at Ibrox this season was truly embarrassing. Losing to Aberdeen this week was a bitter pill to swallow. Hateley's inability to take a half-accurate corner kick is infuriating. The fact that no-one's replaced him as a set-piece taker is baffling. No-one is suggesting there aren't things to discuss, debate and complain about.

However, the bile and bullshit that is posted on here is so over the top that maybe some people should be banned from posting. Some people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a keyboard.

Oh, and to compare an unofficial Motherwell FC supporters message board to the Nazi regime in Germany might possibly be the most ridiculous and ill-advised comment I've ever seen on here.

• Like 4

Hmm let me choose - would rather Motherwell had won the league with 7 points from 12 or won the cup in 1991? The league would have been my choice, but it never happened. Those who know me know exactly my opinions on Mr McLean which never changed throughout his entire tenure at Fir Park, but that is by the by. It is my opinion, which I am perfectly entitled to hold. It certainly does not give an anonymous forum poster the right to call me a "Fuckwit".

Keyboard warriors of the world unite!

You can at times be a fuckwit.

Not anonymous and I know your feelings on the hamster chops Mclean, but really?

• Like 1

Right so let me get this, one or two posters want McCall out

dozens of other posters who think third position in the league, euro spots and cup finals mean he deserves to stay in charge, some feel there are still some points he could improve on, which given hes still a relatively young manager is acceptable

but the majority think he should stay and learn and improve if possible, or even deliver similar achievments in the future, if possible given the ongoing cuts in money, but these people keep replying over and over again in this thread making it the most prominent thread on the site?

how about everybody ignores the baiting and the thread disappears, and the jizz monkeys go back to creaming in their favourite sock

(and yes I get the irony in posting in a thread that I think should disappear)

I think McCall has done everything he can at our club.

I also think that our club has done everything it can under McCall (bar a poxy cup win)

I hate his negative interviews, and the bollocks which he spews.

I love the way we pick up points on the road.

What the fuck do people want? The guy is achieving the utter optimum, bar for good home performances, which he can.

• Like 1

Leaving aside our resident misery chick gaining us some notoriety for a second.

Does that fawning over Aberdeen fans have any less validity seeing as their travelling army of a 1000 was announced as 562 on the night. From their population of over 210,000?

Just asking.

Sounded like 562 from the East Stand tannoy.......ahh!

Stand corrected then on the number.

Still not of the mind that a support that got a bit vocal because they happened to be doing all right in a game is worth of the column inches granted to them.

• Like 1