Stuart Mccall - Your Time Is Up

MJC_MKI

I've been absent from the board for a while, mainly due to the dross which has been spouted of late, however I was shocked to see this thread. What really do some Motherwell fans expect? The old 'punching above our weight' cliche sure springs to mind.

We have had a relatively high turnover of managers in the last few years. Personally, i would like McCall to be in charge for a few seasons yet as I think it is important to have stability at the club.

If anyone thinks that bringing in another manager will produce better results they are seriously deluded.

To be fair we are in a very unusual and perhaps unprecedented situation here.

2nd top of the league, 1 defeat in 8 with 5 wins - great.

But also, out both cups, only 2 home wins all season and generally woeful performances at Fir Park.

I think it's silly to suggest McCall should go because you have to look at the bigger picture but there are actual issues here that should be addressed and if it was based purely on home matches I think there would be a case for McCall's dismissal.

I'm a pay at the gate fan this season and when I hand over £20 plus to get in and I'm served up the performances we've seen at home this season then I think it's perfectly understandable to be annoyed.

Away form is great, but McCall HAS to do something to turn around the home fortunes. If he doesn't our already faltering attendances are only going to get worse and worse and that is going to have repercussion next season when we are going to have to replace a lot of playrs and the cash isn't there.

• Like 1

I've just noticed this topic and sorry if this has been pointed out before but I had to take exception to this part. Take a look at this table for the season so far: http://stats.footbal...PR/ptsgain.html Look who's sitting right there at the top.

I think what might help contribute to this feeling however is our tiny squad size. I've seen fans on P&B complaining about having to play youth players on the bench because of injuries, we have to play our youth on the bench even without injuries, and have been playing them most of the season. There aren't many good options for McCall to turn to when things aren't going as planned.

http://stats.footbal...PR/ptsgain.html Looks even better now smile.gif Only team to win when losing more than once, and thats the 3rd time today.

Edited by TonyS88