Now Murphy Is Away

pingu

Surely the budget from the chairman would be larger if they were promoted, and therefor they'd be looking for a higher quality of player? And why would the player himself commit to a team that may be operating in League one when the next six months could see him win a move to a Championship side?

Only by mutual agreement.

pretty sure they have clauses in them regarding relegation and manager changes. So if the current manager gets sacked after having a PCA with a player, the new manager has the option to cancel it.

Surely the budget from the chairman would be larger if they were promoted, and therefor they'd be looking for a higher quality of player? And why would the player himself commit to a team that may be operating in League one when the next six months could see him win a move to a Championship side?

But if he signs a pca with SU he could be with a championship side in 6 months! Wether its Sheff Utd or a lower champ side the difference in wages wdnt be too much,but it'd be double or treble what he is currently on no matter who it is.

From the SU side,they get a player capable of playing in the champ for relative peanuts,if their budget increases next year they can now spend it on 2 or 3 quality players instead of 3 or 4.Its forward planning,an alien concept to MFC I know but has its uses!

Its forward planning,an alien concept to MFC I know but has its uses!

You think SU has less debt than MFC thanks to their insightful forward planning?

It also makes you wonder how they ended up in League 1. Was that in the plan too?

8307137_400_400_0_0_fit_0_a4d7a3b152fa274664ed03c9b8fd4f26.jpg

8307117_400_400_0_0_fit_0_1e9c0390778a9aee9dd5bc740574af3f.jpg

8307179_400_400_0_0_fit_0_9e34435f09b80e57da3403de2fec3b73.jpg

8307109_400_400_0_0_fit_0_2609e4f212a452bd5f6a3e9a99daf95a.jpg

8307105_400_400_0_0_fit_0_01ee4ad07edb06ee906983bf4045ae14.jpg

Brought a tear to my eye! Good luck Jamie in the future, a model professional for one so young, scored some really important goals for us and as I've said before at a time when young Scottish players are jumping ship at the first sign of some cash Jamie has always done right by us and has ensured we'll at least get something him.

Good luck to him.

• Like 5

There is no doubt that Jamie is the most talented player that our club has produced since Faddy. He has scored some fantastic goals and been part of some great moments but if we are honest, consistency has always been a real issue.

The last 8 weeks, however, have been some of the most consistent and impressive that we have seen from Jamie in his time at Fir Park and I hope that it is a sign that Jamie is ready to move on and develop into the player we all hoped he would become when we first saw him 5 years ago.

All the best Jamie, you have been a credit to our club. I look forward to seeing you at Hampden wearing the dark blue with distinction.

for a young player to come through the youth system and play in a cup final as well as the europa and champions league and be the clubs leading scorer in europe is a great achievement,cheers for everything wee man do yourself proud down south

There is no doubt that Jamie is the most talented player that our club has produced since Faddy. He has scored some fantastic goals and been part of some great moments but if we are honest, consistency has always been a real issue.

The last 8 weeks, however, have been some of the most consistent and impressive that we have seen from Jamie in his time at Fir Park and I hope that it is a sign that Jamie is ready to move on and develop into the player we all hoped he would become when we first saw him 5 years ago.

All the best Jamie, you have been a credit to our club. I look forward to seeing you at Hampden wearing the dark blue with distinction.

The only thing that sticks in my throat is the fact that we got over a million quid for Faddy, yet what we're getting for Murphy wouldn't even buy you a decent house in Wishaw!

The only thing that sticks in my throat is the fact that we got over a million quid for Faddy, yet what we're getting for Murphy wouldn't even buy you a decent house in Wishaw!

Much has changed in the transfer market since then but its still hard not to feel that we are being shortchanged for Murph. Hopefully Higginbottom will prove an able replacement.