Celtic Vs Motherwell

Dave87

Possibly but those players seem to play better as a team when facing the OF. Quite a few ICT, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Killie, Dun Utd etc. players own quite a few victories over the OF.

Psychological. Pretty similar to Barney vs Taylor imo.

We do. However either the players are total shitebags or the gaffer has drilled into them that we will never/don't need to win and our prob is mental,not talent based.

Annoys me when fans & McCall trot out the "old firm results don't count" pish. The league is tight as fuck this year,we can't just write off 12 points,esp when every other team around us is taking points off Celtic regularly

• Like 2

we can't just write off 12 points,esp when every other team around us is taking points off Celtic regularly

For whatever reason we do it every season. I say it every time we play either Celtic or Rangers, we might as well just hand them the three points as we tend to get humped. As a statistician once said, you don’t need to beat or even draw against the Old Firm to win the league, as long as you win your other games. Sadly that scenario will also never happen. I would like to change my prediction to 6-0 Celtic as my previous 4-0 was a bit too optimistic :( (Prove me wrong Motherwell) :). Roll on St Johnstone at home.

1357060254[/url]' post='370866']

For whatever reason we do it every season. I say it every time we play either Celtic or Rangers, we might as well just hand them the three points as we tend to get humped. As a statistician once said, you don't need to beat or even draw against the Old Firm to win the league, as long as you win your other games. Sadly that scenario will also never happen. I would like to change my prediction to 6-0 Celtic as my previous 4-0 was a bit too optimistic :( (Prove me wrong Motherwell) :). Roll on St Johnstone at home.

Here we go again...

broken-record-765056.jpg

We do. However either the players are total shitebags or the gaffer has drilled into them that we will never/don't need to win and our prob is mental,not talent based.

Annoys me when fans & McCall trot out the "old firm results don't count" pish. The league is tight as fuck this year,we can't just write off 12 points,esp when every other team around us is taking points off Celtic regularly

It's absolute nonsense to say that "old firm results don't matter". Of course they matter. As a professional football club with professional players it is in their remit to try to win every game that they play. Obviously there is a mis-match in terms of quality of players between us and Celtic but that mis-match exists between Celtic and Hibs, St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd, yet they have all fared considerably better against them in the past year and a half. Every time bar once that we have taken to the park against Celtic in the past couple of seasons and also against Rangers, we have been beaten before we cross the white line and have shown absolutely no belief whatsoever that we could beat them and it appears that we are too scared to have a go at them for fear of losing a goal, which we always end up doing regardless. Tomorrow will be no different, you can count on that.

It's all well and good McCall and some fans saying that results against them don't matter as long as we do the business against the rest but it's not a choice between the two that we've got to make. The fact is we have at least three scheduled SPL matches against Celtic this season and they ALL matter.

I think that with Celtic on the back of a defeat, the fact even with our strongest backline we struggle to keep clean sheets and us heading there with a potential central defence of Ramsden and Cummins - the latter of which had an absolute nightmare against them at Fir Park earlier in the season - it hints a tough afternoon ahead.

But by the same token we've witnessed teams completely flap when we've gone for it hammer and tongs and who knows how Celtic might react to that if we were able to start with the same intensity as we've finished some of our recent matches and managed to get in front.

Fingers crossed!!

It's absolute nonsense to say that "old firm results don't matter". Of course they matter. As a professional football club with professional players it is in their remit to try to win every game that they play. Obviously there is a mis-match in terms of quality of players between us and Celtic but that mis-match exists between Celtic and Hibs, St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd, yet they have all fared considerably better against them in the past year and a half. Every time bar once that we have taken to the park against Celtic in the past couple of seasons and also against Rangers, we have been beaten before we cross the white line and have shown absolutely no belief whatsoever that we could beat them and it appears that we are too scared to have a go at them for fear of losing a goal, which we always end up doing regardless. Tomorrow will be no different, you can count on that.

They matter so much that over the same period these teams are showing that they have what it takes to beat Celtic (or Rangers) - they've been playing catch-up to us and at times, especially ICT being royally humped by us.

It's all well and good McCall and some fans saying that results against them don't matter as long as we do the business against the rest but it's not a choice between the two that we've got to make. The fact is we have at least three scheduled SPL matches against Celtic this season and they ALL matter.

But other people use the "big game" crap to bash McCall yet only for some stupid reason talk about Celtic, Rangers and Cup games. Every match is a big game for Motherwell, and we by far win more than we lose. No?

Anyway - as for the game, 2-1 us. Fuck it - we'll go 2-0 up and then they'll peg us back in the 85th minute then for the next 10 minutes (5 minute injury time) it will be the greatest defensive performance we have seen in a long time.

Here we go again...

broken-record-765056.jpg

The only thing broken is our recent performances against the Old Firm. Admittedly they have been better against the green half, however the less said about the blue the better. We couldn’t even give a make shift Sevco a decent game.

I really hope we turn them over tomorrow, unfortunately history and the stats say different. So far it’s been a great SPL season, if Motherwell can prove me wrong tomorrow, it could be one of our best ever.

The only thing broken is our recent performances against the Old Firm. Admittedly they have been better against the green half, however the less said about the blue the better. We couldn’t even give a make shift Sevco a decent game.

I really hope we turn them over tomorrow, unfortunately history and the stats say different. So far it’s been a great SPL season, if Motherwell can prove me wrong tomorrow, it could be one of our best ever.

Wait, if we beat Celtic it will be one of the best seasons ever - even if we go onto lose our next 2 or 3 games, if not more?

Beating Celtic in the end of it, unless it is for the title won't change this from being the best season ever/any worse than previous if we end 2nd or 3rd....

Murphy captain.

Eh? Whilst I've a lot of time for Jamie and we want to give him a good send off he is not captain material. The 3 points are still up for grabs this afternoon and we need to do all we can to secure them or more likely limit the damage. Its Celtic V Motherwell not the Jamie Murphy show. Perhaps its an indication that the result is secondary to Jamie's farewell.

Good luck to Jamie but no player is bigger than the club.

Eh? Whilst I've a lot of time for Jamie and we want to give him a good send off he is not captain material. The 3 points are still up for grabs this afternoon and we need to do all we can to secure them or more likely limit the damage. Its Celtic V Motherwell not the Jamie Murphy show. Perhaps its an indication that the result is secondary to Jamie's farewell.

Do you really think an armband being around Jamie Murphy's arm rather than Lasley's in going to make the slightest bit of difference?

thats a pathetic response to the news Dave

its the type of gesture thats makes our club what it is and why so may players stay around or return, because they and their families are made to feel part of the club not just employees

it in no way affects or has an effect on how the game will be played today

do you really think all the players will respond differently to Lasley because he's not got an armband on?

its a nice token gesture to a player who has worked tirelessly and been very loyal to our club,a player that has been around almost eleven years, a player that is European top scorer, a player that has a couple of hundred appearances for the first team. aplayer that has never, probably to his own detrimentm tried to steal the show

I hope its the Jamie Murphy show today, much more preferable to the Hooper or Watt shows we usually have to endure

• Like 3