Celtic Vs Motherwell

Dave87

Excellent post Steelboy.

Ont the subs issue I would usually agree with you but BBC had McCall stripping Higdon just before we got the pen so looks like he was intending to change it at 0-0 then events overtook things?

Tom Hateley@TomHateley6 Can't think of a strong enough word today how I feel...gutted! Sorry.

Henrik Ojamaa@HenrikOjamaa Great effort from the lads, couldve gone either way. Small minority giving Tom a hard time should stay home next time #notwelcome

Niko Law@N7KOL4W7 @TomHateley6 head up tommy :) happens to the best, great balls from yourself to step up!

Christ, we get low enough attendances without one of our players advising supporters to stay at home.

A lot of the people giving their views didn't even see the game. We defended well as a unit and looked dangerous on the counter-attack. In my opinion Hateley played one of his best games in a Motherwell shirt but a missed penalty took that away from him. He got stuck in and kept Wanyama and Commons quiet for some periods of the game. As for the penalty he blasted it in the top corner and it was nothing but an excellent save. Far better than Murphy's penalty last week. Plenty of positives to take from today. Play like that every week and top 3 should be comfortable. We are all Stuart McCall.

How did Ramsden and Kerr play were they our centre backs. And ZFA (or whatever the call him) did he have a good game. I'm thinking big Higdon might be carrying a knock although on the bench ?

Kerr was right back and got roasted in the first half by Samaras. Improved vastly in the 2nd half. Ramsden was generally quite solid

Christ, we get low enough attendances without one of our players advising supporters to stay at home.

Yeah, I agree with that possibly for different reasons. Don't think a player should EVER come out with that. Again, nae fans nae over inflated wages for a lot of players. Flip side is how bad was the abuse. Some go way OTT and are old enough to know better. Again, though it's a part of the game up here and no doubt just about every player has had to suffer it at some point? Does that make it right? No....but I'd argue that those kind of tweets are just as stupid.

Henrik maybe shouldn't have tweeted it, but I fully agree with the sentiment behind it.

For his own sake, I really hope someone pulls Hateley aside and tells him to leave the dead-ball kicks alone for a while. I don't fault him in the slightest for missing the penalty today. However, his set-piece kicks have been chronically poor. It's understandable that these will colour people's opinions of him. It sounds like he had a good game today but the focus is on the penalty. Let someone else take corners, etc for a while and then, if he continues to play as well as he apparently did today, he might actually earn some praise on here.

Yeah, I agree with that possibly for different reasons. Don't think a player should EVER come out with that. Again, nae fans nae over inflated wages for a lot of players. Flip side is how bad was the abuse. Some go way OTT and are old enough to know better. Again, though it's a part of the game up here and no doubt just about every player has had to suffer it at some point? Does that make it right? No....but I'd argue that those kind of tweets are just as stupid.

Was in the middle of our support today and when Hatley missed everyone had a moan but no more than that .... or did i miss something that was drowned out by the gentle sobbing of Well fans :wallbash:

I'm not as clued up on Twitter as some, but surely there's a report function? If so, Ojaama should have simply reported the Tweet. Posting what he did won't look good on him.

I thought Ojamaa's tweet was in reference to fans at the game. Was it in relation to this total mileoot on twitter?

Give OJ the benifit of the twitter doubt then after all hes doing it in another language.The twitter poster was nt even a Well fan i'll bet .Anyway any fanny can write any shite they like on the net , as proved on here on a few occasions :thumbup:

That's the issue, isn't it? If it was directed at that one guy then fair enough, but it doesn't read that way unfortunately.

Every person on the team bus must have read that tweet by @nickyjeffrey86 . Word goes around fast these days .I know hateleys family members read it .

Give OJ the benifit of the twitter doubt then after all hes doing it in another language.The twitter poster was nt even a Well fan i'll bet .Anyway any fanny can write any shite they like on the net , as proved on here on a few occasions :thumbup:

there was more than one person directed out of order messages straight to Hatelys account

some were very 'diehard supporters'

lucky to have access to players that we all get

but some absolute wankers direct abusive messages straight to players, then blame the heat of the moment and delete them from their own accounts after damage has been done

Glad Henrik and the others stick by each other, they have good team support and when family are brought into it, then no criticism from me when they fight back together

every fan doesnt agree on performances, displays, tactics etc so crticism will happen, the need to direct that critcism direct into players accounts, I'll never understand how that is supporting

but to send messages directly wishing harm or simply that 'we' all cant wait until they fuck off away from our club

well thats just plain and simple abuse

• Like 1

there was more than one person directed out of order messages straight to Hatelys account

some were very 'diehard supporters'

lucky to have access to players that we all get

but some absolute wankers direct abusive messages straight to players, then blame the heat of the moment and delete them from their own accounts after damage has been done

Glad Henrik and the others stick by each other, they have good team support and when family are brought into it, then no criticism from me when they fight back together

every fan doesnt agree on performances, displays, tactics etc so crticism will happen, the need to direct that critcism direct into players accounts, I'll never understand how that is supporting

but to send messages directly wishing harm or simply that 'we' all cant wait until they fuck off away from our club

well thats just plain and simple abuse

Anyone other than footballers get abusive messages on twitter when they make a "mistake" at work ? Dont think so .Totally out of order any Well Fan doing it .Grow up and get over it its our own players your abusing :wank:

There's a distinct line between hurling abuse at our own players, and being critical of them. In my opinion the latter is perfectly acceptable.

Personally I'm not a fan of Hateley. I stated earlier why I don't particularly like him but I'd never give him shit at a game, or hurl personal abuse at him.

As Steve said, anyone who offers such abuse deserves everything they get.

Ojamaas tweet was completely fine btw

You think so? Saying that fans who give players "a hard time" shouldn't bother coming to games? If the support had to actually put his Tweet into action we'd have an empty stadium on the 20th.

There's nothing wrong with giving players "a hard time", especially when they miss a crucial penalty in a game that we had a real chance of taking something from. Footballers get paid very well, and have to take the criticism along with the plaudits.

• Like 1