Celtic Vs Motherwell

Dave87

Well, if you think Ojamaas retort to the tirade directed to Hateley (for missing a penalty he obviously tried to score) is something worth bothering about, or is about players being above their station or missing some sort of moral code then I think you're completely off the mark.

I thought in the opening ten minutes we could have been three or four down easily. Hospitality junket or otherwise it was bloody uncomfortable viewing wherever you happened to be sat.

In the remaining eighty odd minutes though we were as comfortable and composed as you could ever hope for at Parkhead. We were well organised. Defended well. Sprayed the ball out nicely and took the game to them when we could.

The penalty though was an absolute sickener. Not that it was the worst in the world you'll ever see - seemed like a good save from Roger Ramjet from our vantage point but what it did do was suddenly give an edge to a game that was sleepwalking its way to a nil-nil that would have been most welcome. At a stroke it gave the great unwashed a perceived injustice to latch on to and brought an impetus to their team and fans that had been missing since early in the game.

To concede so soon after missing the spot then just rubbed salt into the wounds. It was as painful as it seemed inevitable.

Yet it said much that we still had chances to level after that and that those who hadn't scarpered off around us where screaming for Celtic to take the ball into the corners to waste a bit of time.

We had them rattled. Just a great pity we couldn't take advantage of the opportunity that was presented to us.

I don't know what McCall said pre or post match but he had them pretty well set up today and it wasn't any inferiority complex or negativity or lack of belief that cost us today. Massive strides forward on the Motherwell team that were taken to pieces by Celtic earlier in the season.

That penalty. If it had have gone in!, Fifteen minutes left, a goal up? We'll never know sadly.

A sore one for the players to reflect over, over the next couple of weeks before they can attempt to get it out of their system.

Played OK today, but apart from the penalty we never looked like scoring, Celtic were nothing great and weren't worth the three points ,draw would have been a fair result. Hatley was my motm and for we it wasn't a bad penalty it was a great save which had been Randolph we would be singing his praises. Anyway yet another defeat at the tattiebowl......bastards.Oh and QPR have just beat Chelsea so the day not totally wasted.

Well, if you think Ojamaas retort to the tirade directed to Hateley (for missing a penalty he obviously tried to score) is something worth bothering about, or is about players being above their station or missing some sort of moral code then I think you're completely off the mark.

That's the issue I have with his Tweet though, he doesn't clarify that it's aimed at some idiots who are getting personal with their abuse of Hateley. He simply states that anyone giving him "a hard time" shouldn't come to Motherwell games in future.

A very stupid thing for a player of an SPL club to say.

Truth be told, there's been enough in the papers about Twitter and footballers over the past year or so for any top level player to know that he really should stay away from it. Engaging with idiots is a battle that they'll never win.

Honestly, if your nose is out of joint with that tweet then even I am beginning to see you in the desperate to be offended camp and as you know I've backed you on a number of issues

What we really should be addressing are the circumstances that cause our players to react as we sit near the top of the league and have been the number 2 side in Scotland for all of 2012

• Like 1

Ojamaa is right.

I sat in the main stand for the first time last weekend, and the abuse which some of our players take is fucking embarrassing. Higdon took the worst of it, but the main culprit made sure to harangue Hately for a wee while as well.

I could have strangled the guy. The abuse for the pair of them fell beyond venomous.

Luckily, the club has a social media policy and I've no doubt 'Flow will be having a word with any player he thinks needs a gentle reminder of how to conduct themselves on Twitter first thing in the morning, if he hasn't already.

If only there was a similar way to sort out the eejits posting daft stuff to the players in the first place...

Anyone other than footballers get abusive messages on twitter when they make a "mistake" at work ? Dont think so .

Sadly they do. Plenty of instances of comedians, journalists and musicians deciding that being on Twitter isn't worth the ludicrous abuse they get from folk who didn't like something they said/wrote/sang.

Honestly, if your nose is out of joint with that tweet then even I am beginning to see you in the desperate to be offended camp and as you know I've backed you on a number of issues

What we really should be addressing are the circumstances that cause our players to react as we sit near the top of the league and have been the number 2 side in Scotland for all of 2012

No, I'm not offended because I'm aware of the Tweets that he's most likely replying to, but that doesn't mean that others will.

I'm also simply saying that it was stupid of him to stoop as low as to even acknowledge such idiots.

I was frustrated by us missing the penalty and of late I've been far from Hateley's biggest fan this season, but giving him that abuse on the merit of just missing a penalty is out of order. Wasn't the best penalty but it was worse than Murphy's last week who didn't receive a spate of abuse. Most of the time I'd wholly disagree with what Ojamaa tweeted, but today he did have a bit of a point, while at the same time he was quite unprofessional in the way he put it across. Most people abusing Hateley wouldn't have been at the game to begin with anyway.

The boy posting he hopes Hateley dies should be ashamed of himself, I remember seeing a Rangers fan say that to Edu in the summer and hoped our fans were above that. That's the danger of people who don't have two brain cells being allowed to use the internet.

Despite me thinking today's burst of abuse was unwarranted, Hateley could do a lot more to endear himself to the fans. His hard done by attitude on twitter, the "shut up" gesture at the Hibs game, the cupping of his ear when he scored against Aberdeen all contribute in lowering fans opinions of him and in turn make it more natural for those to swoop when he makes a mistake. Add to that the fact his burd is retweeting people who say they wish he played for Rangers, including one who claims "not just because he's a bluenose". That's simply not on in my opinion.

For those there, what formation were we playing exactly?

Hateley in front of a back 3 of Kerr, Ramsden and Hammell?

Yes a back three as above, but more of a 3-5-2 as I saw it. Certainly Hateley was deep allowing Lasley to get further forward, although his shooting was predictably poor. The back three were up against a front three of Celtic , and has been said, Kerr was continually beaten for pace by Samaras and Celtic could have been in easy street but for some good saves and poor finishing.

Was amazed McCall didn't change it, but to be fair Kerr got better 2nd half , although their goal came from a Samaras cross.

Good to see Jamie sign off with a gutsy and skilful display .

Twitter is a way for players to chat to fans direct which can have its benefits, but the flip side is you are then open to abuse. Ojamma was right in what he said, but as others have mentioned he is an employee of Motherwell and probably shouldn't used twitter to show his feelings. A direct message to the guy or even reporting him would be better.

Diggle is right though, we have a real cancer in the Motherwell support and some of the abuse our players get is vile. Especially considering how well we have done over the last year. It's no suprise we perform far better away from home.

As for today's game sounds like we were unlucky not to get something from the game. Them the breaks.

I was frustrated by us missing the penalty and of late I've been far from Hateley's biggest fan this season, but giving him that abuse on the merit of just missing a penalty is out of order. Wasn't the best penalty but it was worse than Murphy's last week who didn't receive a spate of abuse. Most of the time I'd wholly disagree with what Ojamaa tweeted, but today he did have a bit of a point, while at the same time he was quite unprofessional in the way he put it across. Most people abusing Hateley wouldn't have been at the game to begin with anyway.

The boy posting he hopes Hateley dies should be ashamed of himself, I remember seeing a Rangers fan say that to Edu in the summer and hoped our fans were above that. That's the danger of people who don't have two brain cells being allowed to use the internet.

Despite me thinking today's burst of abuse was unwarranted, Hateley could do a lot more to endear himself to the fans. His hard done by attitude on twitter, the "shut up" gesture at the Hibs game, the cupping of his ear when he scored against Aberdeen all contribute in lowering fans opinions of him and in turn make it more natural for those to swoop when he makes a mistake. Add to that the fact his burd is retweeting people who say they wish he played for Rangers, including one who claims "not just because he's a bluenose". That's simply not on in my opinion.

Well at least we won't have anything to talk about after the summer when he's away (at least I would be if I were him). As in the words of a famous song "You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

As for the prick who tweeted that, if he is indeed a Motherwell fan I would ban him for life if he can be identified.

Hatley has been miles off his normal capability,

someone else taking some of the responsibility etc, Spell out the team, yes maybe

and yes its a priveleged lifestyle but I'm pretty amazed at the abuse directed straight to his accounts, its even beyond what you expect from an absolute scumbag of an opposition fan

This must be it .What an arsehole.His account is still live if anyone also wishes to report the twat .

@nickyjeffrey86

you can add the account

@andrew_hepburn_

good pals by the looks of it

Hatley has been miles off his normal capability,

someone else taking some of the responsibility etc, Spell out the team, yes maybe

and yes its a priveleged lifestyle but I'm pretty amazed at the abuse directed straight to his accounts, its even beyond what you expect from an absolute scumbag of an opposition fan

you can add the account

@andrew_hepburn_

good pals by the looks of it

Have reported them both .Would like to see MFC take this up and see what they can do regards bans .Twitter accounts are not anonymous .

I must admit, I didn't hear any Hateley abuse at the game and I was almost right at the front so if there was any, he probably didn't hear it either.

Obviously if some cretin has said on twitter that he hopes Tom Hateley dies then he should be severely punished, especially a couple of days after our fans tribute to a player who did die on the pitch.

Not wanting to open a can of worms here, but sometimes players tweets can be wrong, so I wouldn't take Ojamaas as gospel. When Hateley tweeted last year that he was disgusted by his family being abused in the stand (at Rugby Park) and called for the fan who did it to come to the training ground if they had a problem, not only was it ridiculously unprofessional but it was also completely misinformed. I know this because I was the fan in question. At that point there was loads of folk on here and on twitter up in arms by the actions of their fellow supporter even though not a single one of them had heard anything. People even took it upon themselves to apologise on my behalf! Nobody at all considered that the player may have got it wrong. And he had. So lets not be too hasty to jump on band-wagons this time.