Celtic Vs Motherwell

Dave87

Well at least we won't have anything to talk about after the summer when he's away (at least I would be if I were him). As in the words of a famous song "You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

As for the prick who tweeted that, if he is indeed a Motherwell fan I would ban him for life if he can be identified.

I for one think that the abuse he got for missing a penalty, especially when he was supposedly having a fine game today (wasn't there so can only take the opinions of others there) but given all the details of my last paragraph I won't be sad to see the back of him. In his first three seasons he was a great right back for us, but this season he hasn't been as great and doesn't appear to be applying himself just as much. As for all the shite his girlfriend has been retweeting, if he has any level of professionalism he will be strongly telling her to delete them, but I highly doubt we'll see that.

As a player, I like Hately. Our best right back since Corrigan's best years.

As a person...? He'll be down on his knees for the Rangers dollar soon. I get the feeling that the status of being one of them, and having the extra 75 quid a week is exactly what he's after. Zero ambition.

He enjoys swanning around places as if he owns everyone around him.

• Like 3

As a player, I like Hately. Our best right back since Corrigan's best years.

As a person...? He'll be down on his knees for the Rangers dollar soon. I get the feeling that the status of being one of them, and having the extra 75 quid a week is exactly what he's after. Zero ambition.

He enjoys swanning around places as if he owns everyone around him.

Get to fuck

• Like 1

I for one think that the abuse he got for missing a penalty, especially when he was supposedly having a fine game today (wasn't there so can only take the opinions of others there) but given all the details of my last paragraph I won't be sad to see the back of him. In his first three seasons he was a great right back for us, but this season he hasn't been as great and doesn't appear to be applying himself just as much. As for all the shite his girlfriend has been retweeting, if he has any level of professionalism he will be strongly telling her to delete them, but I highly doubt we'll see that.

just to keep things balanced

it looks likes his girlfriend has retweeted three Gers fans tweets which complement Hateley and say they would like to see him at Ibrox

she also retweeted a number of Wellfans who complimented him

and before the game she wished Motherwell fc all the best

doesnt seem like anything at all other than sticking by her man and showing her followers and Tom that many appreciate him,

stand that up against, some Motherwell supporters

saying they hoped he died

they wish he hadnt been conceived in some graphic terms about his mum

and plenty other abusive messages about him, division 3, his dad, his mum, how all motherwell fans want rid of him

and I repeat this is from Motherwell fans,

I'm amazed folk are getting their knockers in a twist about Ojamaa or Toms Girlfriend

EDIT: and there you have it, the very essence of our support

Stipelsgod thinks hes the best right back we have

but thats not good enough because as a person he'll be sucking Rangers cock.

staggering

• Like 3

Get to fuck

Motherwell right back/wannabe central midfielder to Vue Hamilton cinema usher "Do you not know who I am?" As a couple of other players squirm in embarrassment.

Nah, I reckon I'd rather he got to fuck, if he wasn't such an acceptable player for us.

Him and his tittish headsock and joggies combo, when his party were in jeans and t-shirts/shirts.

• Like 1

Motherwell right back/wannabe central midfielder to Vue Hamilton cinema usher "Do you not know who I am?" As a couple of other players squirm in embarrassment.

Nah, I reckon I'd rather he got to fuck, if he wasn't such an acceptable player for us.

Him and his tittish headsock and joggies combo, when his party were in jeans and t-shirts/shirts.

Get to Fuck

• Like 1

just to keep things balanced

it looks likes his girlfriend has retweeted three Gers fans tweets which compliment Hateley and say they woulfd like to see him at Ibrox

she also retweeted a number of Wellfans who complemented him

and before the game she wished Motherwell fc all the best

doesnt seem like anything at all other than sticking by her man and showing her followers and Tom that many appreciate him,

stand that up against, some Motherwell supporters

saying they hoped he died

they wish he hadnt been conceived in some graphic terms about his mum

and plenty other abusive messages about him, division 3, his dad, his mum, how all motherwell fans want rid of him

and I repeat this is from Motherwell fans,

I'm amazed folk are getting their knockers in a twist about Ojamaa or Toms Girlfriend

Abuse from Motherwell fans today is 100% unwarranted in my opinion. His overall attitude may logically explain why he gets more abuse from uneducated keyboard gangsters than say Lasley, Hammell or Murphy would have got for missing that penalty. My knickers are very much untwisted, I just think that it takes the shine off Hateley as a pro if his girlfriend is retweeting something in which she basically admits he is a "bluenose" while our season ticket, gate and well society money is funding his wages.

• Like 1

Stipelsgod thinks hes the best right back we have

but thats not good enough because as a person he'll be sucking Rangers cock.

staggering

That's perfectly good. As a player, I have only minor criticisms of him, and realistically, the majority of these are because he takes every set piece.

I'd gladly take Hately, shitty footballer personality aside, signing another year.

If he goes to a lower league club, regardless of his loyalty, or the money offered, of course I will question him, and clearly his ambition. He won't play in the SPL for them, as they'll sign up Bajbhaehrsokioiui as soon as they can pay the money for himself or any other random foreign name, to keep the proles happy.

Abuse from Motherwell fans today is 100% unwarranted in my opinion. His overall attitude may logically explain why he gets more abuse from uneducated keyboard gangsters than say Lasley, Hammell or Murphy would have got for missing that penalty. My knickers are very much untwisted, I just think that it takes the shine off Hateley as a pro if his girlfriend is retweeting something in which she basically admits he is a "bluenose" while our season ticket, gate and well society money is funding his wages.

I get you Joe and thats the problem with internet and twitter, misinterpretation (sp)

I just dont see that as the problem here, adn I dont really want to list reasons as to why to anyone in Scotland its not really news that he termed a bluenose, sadly its comes with his territory

and likewise any other player that grew up in west central scotland could easily be tagged with that or the other thas just how it is and we're gonna encounter some of them as 'Well players

and I agree Toms general demeanour and appearances, and drop in form, havent helped him with some supporters

but hes got 160 odd appearances, he'd have been on most fans teamsheets for almost all of them

so why not cut him and his girlfriend some slack when he's off form

certainly go take a look at the Hate thats been thrown his way and think if its really such an issue that an English lass is retweeting positive tweets about her man

He can be a blue nose all he wants, theres nothing to say fitballers have to support the team they play for. Laws a man-ure fan.

Tams always tweeting about us winning, i reckon hes pro enough to put us first. One things for sure, blue nose or committed 'well player, he will have been trying to score today 100%!

I've read a few people mention the cupped ear gesture when he scored against the sheep. At the time i thought it was directed at the Aberdeen fans who were giving him pelters about being has fathers boy. Certainly seemed to be running towards them and looking at them when he did it.

• Like 1

Like I said, the players should bin twitter anyway. Almost all they get is unwarranted abuse and nearly all their tweets are about Xbox or eating at fucking Nandos anyway. In fact, for a few weeks there I thought they HAD binned it - right after the Rangers debacle when most of them were suddenly invisible. No wonder, if this is the level of shite they get.

Have reported them both .Would like to see MFC take this up and see what they can do regards bans .Twitter accounts are not anonymous .

Right, wind yer neck in. So you've reported him/them... do we need around half a dozen posts to let us know of your stalker-like behaviour?

For the record, I don't condone his or others actions (a quiet word in his shell-like next time I see him). Bans? Porridge dribbling mock outrage up there with the best.

• Like 1

I'd hope their fathers, brothers, uncles or just mates have a word with them.

Sadly while one or two seem to have regretted targeting the player directly and may think twice about doing it again (nothing wrong with being angry upset at performances or attitudes etc and voicing opinions)

One or two seem to think its perfectly ok and a bit if a laugh

They might need more than a word

I know hately missed pen but folk are going too far!!

And I think mccall has authority to tell him he can't take corners, free kicks and now pens.

Be honest: who thought we'd get anything yesterday?

Which is why I don't know why murphy didn't just take it. My dad said after missing one, he wouldn't have been allowed but come on, last game against them, I would have given him the chance.

It wasn't just hatelys fault we lost, it was ojamaa + murphy for not scoring, humphrey for not providing decent balls, randolph for not saving goal, etc etc u catch my drift.

If I'm honest I think people can be tough on mccall after doing what he has this season BUT why change a side that won 4-1? Didn't understand that one.

If players put themselves on facebook, they must expect a certain amount of cretins will go beyond what is seen as reasonable comment. Also to think that he would move to any other club and not get similar abuse is nonsense. There are nutters who support every other club, and if he is not performing for them, the abuse will follow. Easy answer, get off facebook.

I know people tend to focus on the ones that got away, however does anyone know our record from the penalty spot in recent years? The stats will probably prove otherwise but it seems like that we are missing around half of them.

100% strike rate in the league last season. 0% so far in the league this term. Not sure about further back.

If memory serves we missed a spot kick in the Scottish cup tie vs Aberdeen last season. We scored one in the cup this season.

Cant remember how many we missed/scored in the league cup exit to hibs last year.

The abuse Hately takes week in & week out is nothing new. He's just been added to a massive list of players who our "supporters" have taken it upon themselves to single out as the pantomime baddie. I've watched the Gordon Mairs, Andy Roddie's, John Davies, Joe McLeod's etc being systematically torn apart from the terraces/stands at FP & believe me Hately is a much better player than any of them. To me the underlying anti-Rangers feeling due to his father is the main issue here & nothing to do with Hately's ability. I also honestly believe that's why McCall doesn't get the credit he deserves either. Not many will admit it I'm sure but in my mind it's there & needs to be kicked into touch. As for Hately missing the pen, I certainly wasn't confident about us scoring it no matter who took it but after listening to the game on radio, they mentioned two Celtic players were booked in the lead up to it & they were up complaining the ball wasn't on the spot etc to put pressure on the taker plus just about the only time you could hear their support was the whistling & jeering as he stepped up. A real pressure situation if ever there was one compared to being 4-1 up & looking to slot away your hat-trick. Gutted he missed but at least he had the baws to take it.

A wee bit of support goes a long way rather than constantly abusing the team & management. Try the get behind the team method on a Saturday, it's no' as bad as it seems................

Agree with that Tid, the fact that a lot of the abuse on here directed at McCall references his rangers links suggests there are a vocal minority who can't see past that, despite how well he is doing. Hately is also probably a victim of who his father was, and also his own success, people forget he's only 22/23.

To me the underlying anti-Rangers feeling due to his father is the main issue here & nothing to do with Hately's ability. I also honestly believe that's why McCall doesn't get the credit he deserves either.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that one. There are some Motherwell fans out there who are extremely insecure about Rangers, probably due in part to the whole 'H u n without the busfare' attitude that often gets thrown towards us as a support, so much so that they can't seem to stomach any form of link, or perceived link between us and Rangers via players or managers who are or have at some point been connected with Rangers. This is reflected both by many of the comments on here and at Fir Park, ie. "GTF McCall ya Rangers bastard", the same thing I might add was also quite often shouted at Butcher when he was here, likewise with Goram and Spencer. I'm not a fan of McCall as I've previously said on here but to shout that at the manager or any player of the club you support is disgraceful and doesn't help one bit. Fair enough if the team aren't producing on the park and the paying punter feels he hasn't had his money's worth then they have a right to criticise, but there's a difference between criticism and just plain abuse.

Yep, at least twice in the last couple of weeks I've read McCall termed as 'the wee Ranger' on here.

Saying that, no doubt there was a simular minority who jumped on McGhee for his Celtic connections

Towards the end of his tenure yes there was but not straight from the off like McCall, Hateley and other figures who had some Rangers connection were subjected to from some, for example the guy and his mate sitting next to me at New Douglas Park on the 1st January 2011 who wasn't best please that we "had this h u n c**t in charge now" to quote him. And that was before the game had even kicked off.