Siwy Fanzine

Dee

For those on Twitter you might have heard about this but I thought I would copy and paste the blurb from elsewhere to let others know. From having a quick flick through it already I think it look's good and certainly a different from your usual fanzine.

32 pages of full colour illustration, photography andwriting; Since I Was Young aims to be a string of Fanzines celebrating Motherwell FC fan culture whilst addressing the issues affecting supporters of the club and continuing to look at how we can improve the match day experience and atmosphere at Fir Park and away from home. In what is an introductory issue, Issue One has articles on;clothes, music, an interview with 'Well captain Keith Lasley and much more. Issue one gives an overview of various topics we will look to discuss more indepth in the future as we look to grow the fanzine in size and quantity, whilst offering a taste of things to come by providing insight to atmospheres abroad and an interview with the Norwegian Legion at Aalesunds FK.

The Fanzine will be available to buy on the 20thof January at Home to St Johnstone pre match from the Dalziel Arms, outside the Cooper and East Stands. It will also be available for sale next to the drum before and at half time on the day of the game.

Costing £2 on the day or £3 delivered to your door first class when we receive it in the next couple of days 200 copies are sure to move with orders already flowing in. To order before the 20th makepayment of £3 via PayPal to sinceiwasyoung@hotmail.co.ukleaving your name and delivery address as a comment. It is also important to note that all proceeds will go, as always, to improving atmosphere by funding fan displays much like at Hampden, in Europe etc.

Hope you all enjoy it, any feedback or indeed input for Issue 2 is welcomed.

Any Questions or want to know more; follow us on twitter@SIWYfanzine

350umw4.jpg

• Like 7

Best of luck with it Dee and the guys. Hope it's a resounding success. :thumbup:

Interesting to note tho, a new 'zine hitting the streets when a well established production (OSB), is considering its future.

Interesting maybe but totally coincidental, OSB's future will not be determined by the launch of SIWY.

I wish the lads every success with it, have backed them to the hilt from day 1 in their efforts to improve the atmosphere 'up by'.

This being their next stage I hope they can grow it as their group grows in strength and numbers. Also that other fans back them and avoid a them and us scenario, their efforts benefit everyone in the ground on matchdays, I certainly was at a point where I was asking myself why the fuck I put myself through it when the stadium was like a morgue. Wasn't that long ago and these guys have had to put up with some amount of shite from our own fans, stewards and club but they've battled away, shown some resolve and worked their way into favour. It's good to see them taking up the mantle, Id like to think in some way they took some inspiration from OSB and our contribution to terrace culture.

And there was you all thinking it was just a magazine tae :rolleyes::thumbup:

• Like 2

I'll definitely be looking out for the new fanzine.

The difference that the end section have made to the match experience should not be under-estimated. As has been stated, the atmosphere at home games had been dire for some time, and without the young lads having the balls to stand up and be counted (despite the (ahem) slightly less than complementary comments) it could only have continued to stagnate. When guys with years of service are in two minds if it's worthwhile coming on a Saturday, then it shows how serious things have been and might be again.

If nothing else, the players appreciate the positive noise, particularly away from home.

There might also be a more hidden positive. I can see the younger members of our support (school age) wanting to become involved with the end-section. In the same way that most of us (I guess) found out over the years what parts of the terracing got involved more, sung more, etc. and found a spot that suited, we now have a section that shows some enthusiasm, etc. and supporters can sit / stand nearer and nearer until they are comfortable getting more involved.

It can also be a focal point for fund-raising, as has been mentioned. Again, this can only be a positive if it highlights what displays are being planned, what contributions are needed, etc.

More power to your elbows !

• Like 2

Mines arrived over the weekend, and I have to say I was blown away by the quality of it. It was well put together and looked really professional.

I enjoyed all of the articles, with my only complaint being the colour scheme on the interview with Lasley. The black & grey is difficult to read.

Other than that, well done to all concerned!

Guys, big thank you to all who purchased issue one of the new fanzine! It has been a huge success with absolutely no issues left whatsoever! Also a special mention to the guy (if you read these forums) who kindly donated £20 to the cause. Thanks.

Hope you all enjoy having a read it and hopefully with more issues it becomes bigger and better. The next issue will hopefully be out come the end of March / start of April.

Cheers!