Vs Dundee Utd

GazzyB

Going to be a tight affair that could go either way. Hopefully we can come out of the traps flying and get an early goal like we did against them at Tannadice in November as we always seem to take a lift from going ahead early on.

I'm going to sit on the fence though and go for a 1-1 draw with Higdon on the scoresheet again.

The last few matches against Dundee Utd at Fir Park have been dire performances! We've not even got so much as a goal against them in the last 3 matches. Hopefully we can do better than our recent history suggests.

As others have said with the likes of Russell, Daly and Mackay-Stevens available to Dundee Utd we will probably have to score twice to get anything out the match.

I reckon its bad news he left, but hopefully we still have enough to take the points

There was real discontent amongst their fans ( and maybe hindsight their board)

To the point they were calling for him to be sacked after the weekends game

Accusations he was working against the club to make his position untenable, by subbing off, players who were contributing the most and other unusual activity

I've no idea how the Houston departure will impact on things.

You could list plenty examples where the departure of a manager has galvanised a squad and they've come up with results out of nowhere - and you couldn't even say United's results have been that bad. And equally there will be many examples of teams who haven't done so well under a caretaker manager.

I do agree with the Brazilian though that a fast start is now even more important so that we might capitalise on anyone in their side who is feeling a bit sorry forn themselves or who thinks they might be able to coast through for a game or two until a permanent apppointment is made.

More concern to me than Houston leaving is Dundee United's away form which is much better than their woeful home form.

They'll probably be looking forward to getting away from Tannadice as we have from Fir Park on occasions.

In fact Dundee Utd have taken 17 points away from home this season, the same number we've taken at home.

I think this will be a difficult match.